Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast

Default It is time to put a timer on mana pot usage

It is just high time the devs did this. I would suggest a one minute timer before a player can drink another mana pot. I do not have any problem with failing more quests because quite frankly if I have to drink mana pots to beat a quest I do not deserve to beat the quest. Failing quests just makes the victories that much more sweet and encourages higher quality game play. There are no mana pots in D&D.

This game is too easy. 4 or 5 years ago DDO was so much more difficult. If you the devs are opposed to this on the normal or hard difficulties at least consider it for the elite difficulty. Thanks for striving to improve the game play.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

They will never do this. You don't limit the cash cow's milk production
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    It is just high time the devs did this. I would suggest a one minute timer before a player can drink another mana pot. I do not have any problem with failing more quests because quite frankly if I have to drink mana pots to beat a quest I do not deserve to beat the quest. Failing quests just makes the victories that much more sweet and encourages higher quality game play. There are no mana pots in D&D.

This game is too easy. 4 or 5 years ago DDO was so much more difficult. If you the devs are opposed to this on the normal or hard difficulties at least consider it for the elite difficulty. Thanks for striving to improve the game play.
    I like this... but mostly because it will force the dev's to develop content where chugging pots isn't required.

Community Member

/signed.

Power-drinking your way through content is just dumb. There will never be any true challenge in DDO while we have unlimited blue-bar.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    They will never do this. You don't limit the cash cow's milk production
    You're right. it's unfortunate, but you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    There are no mana pots in D&D.
    Unless something big has changed {not saying it hasn't - we did after all lose ThacO over a decade ago now - and yes I am still annoyed about that}.
    Then there's no Mana in D&D either!

Community Member

/signed

5min timer would sound right
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    /signed

5min timer would sound right
    Casual: no timer
    Normal: 1 minute
    Hard: 2 Minute
    Elite: 5 minute

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Then there's no Mana in D&D either!
    This.

I would like to see a system like Bard Songs for ALL spells. You get a specific number of spells between rest, period. Virtuosos deal with this just fine (granted, almost nobody plays them... but still).

/signed to the OP's idea either way, though I know it won't happen. There was a time long ago our voices might have been heard, but that time is long gone.

Do people really power drink their way through content? In the two years I have been playing, I have seen this occur once or twice in an abbot group before I started always leading my own.

to the op and the agreement that follows, you know how this will end if they add a timer right?

*update 18 lamania release notes

*NEW three minuite cool down timer has been added to all potion usage except for ddo store potions
    *new DDo store potion prices will be increased by 5% to 30% depending on the potion in question

would you still like to pursue adding a timer to any type of potion knowing that something like above is a quite likely outcome if things were to ever change?

Sorry guys I'm not spamming, I"m not agreeing with your, or disagreeing with you. Simply stating what is likely to happen should you guys get your wish.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    Do people really power drink their way through content? In the two years I have been playing, I have seen this occur once or twice in an abbot group before I started always leading my own.
    Yes they most certainly do.

I have seen this numerous times in borderline (or plain not upto snuff) groups and in initial runs of elite content.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Casual: no timer
    Normal: 1 minute
    Hard: 2 Minute
    Elite: 5 minute
    /signed

Community Member

If it bothers you then you could just refrain from drinking so many SP pots. It really can be resisted.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Should probably do the same with cure pots and SF pots.

If you can't make it through the quest without chugging your way through you probably don't deserve to beat the quest.

/sarcasm off

I get where you are coming from, I really do and having a stable of a lot of different toons I have played a lot of different styles.

That said
    My first toon ever has qualified for SF pots and she's a PM and doesn't need them, I have used 6 on her over about 6 months and 2 of those were accidents (misclicks)

I have drunk Mana Pots but have never bought them, I only keep what I have found and currently I sit with about 30 or so. The most I ever used was 3 and that was on a shroud run that started the end fight before anyone had recovered SP and it was down to my PM and a monk/rogue toon. I might use 1 mana pot a week, IF that. I actually sell them in lots of 25 fairly regularly.

So for me no mana pots means the odd failed quest perhaps. No big deal. No healing pots really means nothing to me because Cleric Hires are by far the cheapest healing around I only ever need a pot in a raid by and large (or under level 5 on a melee).

Frankly though the easy button has been getting hammered on this game for a LONG time and the pay to win has been creeping up steadily. It's obvious it's by design so the chances of this changing even if 1000 forum members posted is nil because they make money and making money is what keeps the lights on in DDO.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

If from in game... ok, but bloody fning annoying. Cryptic's CO had such timers and I bloody fning hated them.

But if I spend money on pots, there better damn well not be any timer on them other wise I not spending any money on them again.

/signed

Timers for any type of mana pot, no exceptions for paying cash to change the rules.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Yes they most certainly do.

I have seen this numerous times in borderline (or plain not upto snuff) groups and in initial runs of elite content.
    Interesting. I have seen plenty of instances in raids of somebody drinking a pot or two. But nothing excessive except one or two instances with abbot groups that didn't know the puzzles and went for a beat down approach to handle goggles.

That said, I don't personally have much of an issue with a cooldown. Though, I would think, depending on the length, that it would cause tactical usage of potions. As in, causing people to drink potions much earlier to burn through the cooldown - rather then waiting until they are out of mana. Plus, barring a few quests / raids, unless they are in it for the exp people can just re-enter to fill their mana. Heck, I think you can even re-enter CiTW.

It seems to me that you'd need to block re-entry like they did with old epics as well. Also, would a cooldown or just a hard limit (without cooldown) per shrine / quest work better?

Store Mnemonics should be removed from the game. They're completely unbalancing and pay to win. I think that's a better long-term solution than a cooldown on mana pots.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    Agreed. The only places I've seen this are when someone is trying to achieve an unusual accomplishment (like solo-ing or 2-manning a difficult raid), or something along similar lines.

Personally, I don't mind drinking a potion as an emergency lever in a tight spot, or if I think it will make the difference between success and failure. However, if I think the group I'm in can't complete the quest without my downing a small fortune in potions, I'm just not interested. My friends know this, and I happily let pugs know that if it comes into question. I haven't encountered anyone who wants to guzzle stacks of potions quest after quest. That would get ridiculously expensive.

Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast