Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1562
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Is elite the only setting still in the game?

Can new players no longer play on normal?

Why does everyone demand a video of solo play everytime someone says they completed a quest in a perma death guild? Do you think PD players solo everything? Most play PD to play in groups...

Sorry, I wasn't talking to you......

No this is about Chai constantly bragging about how he's done everything. Heymaybe he has.. Cool... But he talks about it too much, I'mjsut askign forhim to show me.. I can learn something from it IF he does.

Coming from a PD point of view in trying to implement design changes in this game is pure crazy talk... How many PD players are there on each server, 100? I'm not invalidating that style of play, but to be honest the other 99.999% of the games population doesn't want to play that game. Nor do they want to play MadMatt's game, they want to play their own game.

Despite your cries, what I listed a few posts back are all VERY unbalancing to the game, and yet they shall stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Now you're just making stuff up. My request for being realistic was prompted by your baseline of an entire raid dying because a healer ran out of mana.
    Which can and does happen in raids which are challenging to the group of people in the raid, as I stated.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xynot2 View Post
    Im not sure how you took it or why you took offense, but I saw it as a comparison of oppression. And Im slightly religious and took no offense to it.

And that's how it was meant...... I have no problem with any religeon or religious person. Unless they try and force their views upon me. It was meant as an example of people that feel or act a certain way trying to "force" others to feel or act in that way.

Community Member

Incorrect. Let me educate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Incorrect.
    Attempting to educate Chai is a thankless task, although it can be entertaining at times......

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't talking to you......

No this is about Chai constantly bragging about how he's done everything. Heymaybe he has.. Cool... But he talks about it too much, I'mjsut askign forhim to show me.. I can learn something from it IF he does.

Coming from a PD point of view in trying to implement design changes in this game is pure crazy talk... How many PD players are there on each server, 100? I'm not invalidating that style of play, but to be honest the other 99.999% of the games population doesn't want to play that game. Nor do they want to play MadMatt's game, they want to play their own game.

Despite your cries, what I listed a few posts back are all VERY unbalancing to the game, and yet they shall stay.
    A post challenged someone else to do an at level elite proof is in the poison on a caster and told them they would be a walking paperweight. I outlined how this is not an uncommon occurrence to do this and have casters in the group in PD - a group of players who doesnt skip over that quest simply because its not efficient XP per min, and who also restricts themselves more than regular players.

The only reason those unbalancing items "shall stay" is because of the massive support they receive from the player base.

The other 99.9% of the people on the server can still succeed easily in DDO with game balance limitations in place. They did for 4 years before p2w entered the game, so any claim that they cant or do not want to is incorrect.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-06-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Which can and does happen in raids which are challenging to the group of people in the raid, as I stated.

Perhaps there are people that don't want to be "challenged".... That play a "game" to kill stuff in a very casual non "Look at how awesome I am" braggard way. That work really hard and want to kill stuff for fun, a type of fun that isn'T the same as YOUR type of fun...

(PS: Still waiting for some FRAPS of your awesoem solo EE PD play. )

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    Attempting to educate Chai is a thankless task, although it can be entertaining at times......
    You owe $3.99 for monitor cleaners from the coffe I spewed out of my nose when I read this

+1 rep

Edit: ok- +1 rep when the timer cools off.

0-0 OMG! another timer!

I had to go back and double check the wording, but here it is:

Ok- at lv- elite- proof is in the poison. ONE rest shrine. Play a caster and not use potions. You'll be a pocket paper weight.
    No mention of solo. Pocket paper weight even implies a group.

Have done this in permadeath several times now, and what youre saying is false. Anyone who played a caster in there was able to contribute quite well. Note that contribution does not necessarily mean padding kill tallys and bragging about high damage numbers in a PD guild.
    No mention of solo

The reason is that Chai continually uses himself as an example but never shows proof is can be done. Especially in situations like proof is in the poison elite where he claims to have soloed it as a PD. The claim is ridiculous and therefore proof is required. Or eLoB. Quests that he and his PD team more than likely avoid so they dont have to reroll a character. So demanding proof from some one who claims to have done it all, isn't out of bounds or unexpected. I would say it's past due.
    Now we say solo... why? This has been a very long thread and maybe he said it elsewhere, but when I traced this sub-thread back, it was never specified as solo.
    /sigh

Community Member

The post challenged someone else to do an at level proof is in the poison. I outlined how this is not an uncommon occurrence, in PD - a group of players who doesnt skip over that quest simply because its not efficient XP per min.
    Chai has made his EE PD solo claims in previosu posts in this thread.
    the only reason those unbalancing items "shall stay" is because of the massive support they receive from the player base.

The other 99.9% of the people on the server can still succeed easily in DDO with game balance limitations in place. They did for 4 years before p2w entered the game, so any claim that they cant or do not want to is incorrect.
    Personally, I run quests I like to run.... And actually while TRing I skip many quests that MOST people run, and run some quest that barely anybody runs. Maybe we should tell the devs to have "required quests" according to what one player thinks people should run? After all that would force them to learn the game.

Here's a little hint for you .. That game was dead.... It was on the way out BIGTIME.... The P2W you claim, is actually what's kept DDO and Turbine afloat. There were no LFM's even after the server merge, the games population was dropping FAST....

I guess you wern't here or have a short memeory.. But it was going down the drain fast....
    Last edited by smatt; 12-06-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    Its even more hilarious when he points out 2 or more posts by the same user which directly contradict eachother. Thats when the real hilarity ensues. Im looking at anyone who tried to call me out for saying I never use mana potions on my arcane like that was some absurd claim to make, then themselves posted in another thread that they dont use mana potions on their arcanes. Stuff like this is why the same 4 or 5 people quote every thing I say and try to refute it, even if they have to do a complete 180 from their previous stance in order to do so.

Chai has made his EE PD solo claims in previosu posts in this thread.
    Please quote where I stated EE solo. Its on you to prove this now, because you keep bringing it up even though it was never stated.

What WAS actually stated is that I got most of my epic gear on my PD toons before the expansion, when epic was considered a difficulty and not just "over level 20". Never was "solo" or 'EE" claimed by myself as something that happens in PD. If you think otherwise, quote it please.

You're getting more reasonable already. There's no shame in the occasional backpedal.

Perhaps there are people that don't want to be "challenged".... That play a "game" to kill stuff in a very casual non "Look at how awesome I am" braggard way. That work really hard and want to kill stuff for fun, a type of fun that isn'T the same as YOUR type of fun...

(PS: Still waiting for some FRAPS of your awesoem solo EE PD play. )
    Perhaps there are strawmen that don't want to be "challenged".... That play a "game" to kill stuff in a very casual non "Look at how awesome I am" braggard way. That work really hard and want to kill stuff for fun, a type of fun that isn'T the same as YOUR type of fun...

You see, my argument was never about how other people play. Why this keeps getting brought up, is because theres no other way to refute what I actually DID bring up.

Its even more hilarious when he points out 2 or more posts by the same user which directly contradict eachother. Thats when the real hilarity ensues. Im looking at anyone who tried to call me out for saying I never use mana potions on my arcane like that was some absurd claim to make, then themselves posted in another thread that they dont use mana potions on their arcanes. Stuff like this is why the same 4 or 5 people quote every thing I say and try to refute it, even if they have to do a complete 180 from their previous stance in order to do so.
    Forget that reasonable comment. Making stuff up and then saying it over and over with way too many words will never make it true. It's fun to watch you try, though.

You're getting more reasonable already. There's no shame in the occasional backpedal.
    Theres no backpedaling whatsoever. If you review the original post you quoted, youll see that Ive been saying this from the beginning.

Forget that reasonable comment. Making stuff up and then saying it over and over with way too many words will never make it true. It's fun to watch you try, though.
    So why do you keep doing it then? Youre more than willing to quote my posts, but you wont read what you quoted. Then you have to attack me ad hominem style, because you cannot attack the points I make. Please refrain from doing this from now on. Either discuss the actual content of the post, or refrain from quoting me alltogether.

Theres no backpedaling whatsoever. If you review the original post you quoted, youll see that Ive been saying this from the beginning.
    Incorrect.

So why do you keep doing it then?
    The old rubber and glue strategy, eh? You're a pip.

So why do you keep doing it then?
    to taunt you and keep you going so we can make 100 pages. why else would he/we/I waste so much time?

to taunt you and keep you going so we can make 100 pages. why else would he/we/I waste so much time?
    Yeap. Nobody continues to rail on someone for this long when the person they are railing on is wrong. The only time people continue to rail on the same person is when that person is correct, and they cant stand it.

Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879 LastLast