Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1562

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Not stating or implying it's a problem though I'm curious why Turbine will let this "debate" continue if the issue is 100% settled in their minds.
    nothing is settled in their minds. things change constantly, assuming for balance purposes. ive seen ideas on these forums actually make it to live before. this is why we must be careful with what we say here or it really could come true.

they are watching us

Not stating or implying it's a problem though I'm curious why Turbine will let this "debate" continue if the issue is 100% settled in their minds.
    Because they're not out of popcorn yet.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

It might be settled in the people that decide what p2w items to implement, i guess devs just code them and do not always agree with such bad game designing decisions
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

Community Member

I would think that the fact the SP pots are still available after all this time for purchase through the store and only receivable for free through chest loot, the matter has been settled.

I think they should sell the SP pots at the potion vendors just as they do with HP pots. And give us a patron that gives an option to buy 300 to 600 mana pots for a few hundred plat each and stack 10 to a backspace slot. Even with the -10 to stats and 30 second slow it would be fair and allow Casters to finally enjoy the freedom to deal damage that melee characters have had forever.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Meh. If you plan for gorging there's no need to ration. Race to the end, Sunshine.
    You say that and all I can hear is "winning to the end" oddly.

Sunshine... I miss that. Go to work and it is dark. Leave work and it is dark. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Choices make for a more fun game.
    Yes, yes they do. Removal of choices is not a good thing.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 12-05-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Once more with feeling :

This change would only affect the non-elite / inexperienced players, most players on these forums have been here for many years, those calling for the nerf have been playing for many years.

So why suggest something that only changes the game (for the worse) for those who are not the 'best' players ?

What is it about them being able to do this that detracts from your game play ?

(I know no players that are experienced who drink pots to get through quests, they are reserved for emergency use only.)

This will only detract from those who already have trouble, why make it worse for them, this change would have no effect at all on the people asking for it, so again I have to ask what motivation is really behind this type of thing ?

*I'd say to look back at the types who exploit and then demand a fix once they've milked it for everything they can.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Since they have been in game for quite a while, I am guessing they are good with it.
    The D20 combat system was in the game for a while, where'd that go?
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mubjon View Post
    I think they should sell the SP pots at the potion vendors just as they do with HP pots. And give us a patron that gives an option to buy 300 to 600 mana pots for a few hundred plat each and stack 10 to a backspace slot. Even with the -10 to stats and 30 second slow it would be fair and allow Casters to finally enjoy the freedom to deal damage that melee characters have had forever.
    I'd actually be okay with that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Because they're not out of popcorn yet.
    It is distracting people from the "stuck in wall bug."

For the same reason they let us create 1 million 'Is your loot, YOUR loot?' threads. They don't really care what we talk about as long as we're fairly civil.

And this thread is hardly a debate. It's more like a dog pile with 4-5 people on the OPs side and everyone else against.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    And this thread is hardly a debate. It's more like a dog pile with 4-5 people on the OPs side and everyone else against.
    I've seen less hostile threads closed. Which is what makes me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Since they have been in game for quite a while, I am guessing they are good with it.
    Logic has no place in this debate!
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.~ Cpt. Mal Reynolds
    ~Peechie Keene~ THAC0

well, looks like turbine listened.

Running on Lamma land and they have a 900 second timer / cool down.

please .. I pray to Mystra and the Sovereign Host that the above BS appeases the great beasts, both Trohhlll and Kalhariety, and they see fit to let this thread die.

To anyone that missed the text .... gotcha! ;^)

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    well, looks like turbine listened.

Running on Lamma land and they have a 900 second timer / cool down.

please .. I pray to Mystra and the Sovereign Host that the above BS appeases the great beasts, both Trohhlll and Kalhariety, and they see fit to let this thread die.

To anyone that missed the text .... gotcha! ;^)
    73 pages and you don't think this has been tried already?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.~ Cpt. Mal Reynolds
    ~Peechie Keene~ THAC0

Are you under the impression that Turbine watches the debates on this forum and then alters their plans according to who "won"?
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Quote Originally Posted by cpito View Post
    73 pages and you don't think this has been tried already?
    LOL no doubt but this thread is such a perfect example of TL;DR it's crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Remember to debate the topic, not each others' opinions on it. I've been hearing from some folks who want this thread closed, but have decided to keep it open at least a while longer to allow people to have a hopefully civilized and intelligent debate. If this devolves again into personal insults and fighting, we'll shut it down. I've tried to give people some leeway here to discuss this heated topic, but insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated, neither against Turbine nor each other.
    I did call for the gelatinous cube because there were some foam rising.... and then I got caught up in it. Not one of my finer moments :P

Original:

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    First off, this is incredibly rude (even if not directed at me). What is that business about being punished? Some of us are trying to have a discussion and honestly this sort of post is rather inflamitory.

Second, go read my posts in here. Aside from a jab a smatt when he was being a bit too loquatious, I've tried hard to have a civil discussion with people. I've asked them why they think what they do and offered several different ideas to determine the expected outcomes. A few folks have actually discussed it. Many have simple held a hard line and called me names and lumped me in with anyone asking for a change.

When people have made good points I have acknowledged it and even given them positive rep for it, even though it was counter to my original premise. I appreciate a well thought out and polite post. Give me something new to think about and I'll acknowledge it (and +1 it if I can.)

When you continue to spew bile, venom and dogma and you sound no different than what you are accusing Matt and Chai of. The only difference is you are on the other side of the argument and you believe only you can be right.
    Then, after turning off your greenis (so noone would know you have neg rep capability?), you said:

Quote Originally Posted by vVvAiaynAvVv View Post
    You obviously took this personally......I stated first off I was not even talking to either of you personally...

I think some people especially in threads like this see themselves quoted and don't even fully read the reply and just attack..
    I did read it and i even (in yellow above) noted that you might not be directing it specifically at me. It was rude even if not directed at me.

I stated truth...not dogma....sorry not everything in life is a choice as much as you would like to think so.

I am on niether of these so called sides because they are both worthless.....you would just have me labeled that way because maybe you have a problem with neutrality.

Which the people who want this timer change go against.....they don't want to let people play how they want they want people to play how they want...sorry now I am not on the other side of the coin both of which are fully wrong for not supporting them...they are just wrong....period.

But I guess it's too much to ask for humans not to be that way...a species that has no problems with tormenting innocent animals to further "progress".....and declaring themselves some kind of superiors.

This thread should have been locked and put to rest about 40 pages ago.
    How can you say that you are on neither side when you have been rampantly insulting anyone who dares to not agree with you??? Even in this quote your are calling people worthless. Nice.

One last thing I wanted to say and this will be my last reply here as I am sick of feeding this pig of a thread......

The people who so vigilinantly defend this change........you got to go through the game and learn to be resourceful through experience.......you DO NOT have the right to deny other players that learning experience.

Learn to guide.......and give up dictating.

Denying someone life's lessons does not keep them from harm or save them....it only makes them weaker and less capable of making their own solid decisions.

These are lessons we must learn on our own.....like it or not.......love is not "saving" that which you hold most dear......it's letting it go and hoping somehow it will reamin with you.
    When was the last time you actually slowed down and taught a newbie? I did it last week. Spent an hour just helping him get his gear straight to we could go do a quest. Taught him about potions available to help boost his rogue skills and such. In our first quest he blew up traps. When we were done, he got every trap in the house K quest out of the house D tavern in the back.

But, please, with all DUE respect, realize that I am asking retorically. You don't have to answer, I for the first time since launch I'm going to try a new feature on the forums and I'll no longer be able to see your answer. Enjoy the game.
    /sigh

No. My troll for the day.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    No need to get d-baggy. I'm an adult you don't have to ask stupid condescending questions to make a point.

It just so happens that the OP is not about that.
    Actually, its non of the above. Your (or whoevers) point about pre drinking is valid. I think pre-drinking would be a worse situation than we have now.

You also said anything that doesn't fix the problem of pre-drinking is moot before it is even said. I offered a counter to pre-drinking that would:

1: still allow people to use sp potions
    2: stop pre-drinking
    3: apply some, even if minor, restriction on them

Why am I a D-bag for that?
    /sigh

Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast