Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Easier said than done. You wont always know if you are in a group with a player/s that p2w. If you do find out, would anyone actually recall from the quest, say that you dont group with players who p2w and drop group?

People paying for easy buttons is what is keeping this game going. People dont mind challenge as long as its completable and easy to get their loot. I dont agree with it, but i guess some people prefer putting a price to challenge and happy they are doing their part keeping DDO alive.
    No obviously it's not easy, but if it means that much to you you can at least make the effort, or play with people you know.

On your second point I agree completely, it's right in line with the sentiment of my original post in this thread.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Lol. First time ive ever seen a post that said melee is too overpowered. +1 just because you made me laugh today.
    Well hey if unlimited SP is OP, then why is it that unlimited swinging of a weapon not considered OP?

lol

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Could you list some of these good players so that I can put my pots away and run behind them for xp?
    My piking secrets are mine alone.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post
    I just want to remember you that CitW is the last raid released. What if all other raids from now on will be designed in such way?
    People have said this about every raid. They're hard when they come out, and people use mana potions to figure out the ropes. Once our power level catches up, this will seem less relevant.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Also if you wanna start restricting use of these items then DDO needs to get with the modern MMO and implement regeneration of SP and HP........there is like no other MMO in existence were you do not gradually recover these two things.....even LoTRO has it!

LOL

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post
    I just want to remember you that CitW is the last raid released. What if all other raids from now on will be designed in such way?
    Get some torches, ptichforks, and make a trip up to Boston.

Who knows, when ELOB first came out people were drinking pots like there were going out of style but once people got the strategy down it got to the point where is was doable with none. ELOB had incentive to be run and run repeatedly so you're encouraged to get more efficient, EE CiTW not so much as there really isn't any incentive to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    People have said this about every raid. They're hard when they come out, and people use mana potions to figure out the ropes. Once our power level catches up, this will seem less relevant.
    What she said, this happens almost every raid. With CiTW there isn't the incentive to run often on EE so there aren't as many trying to figur out how to do it efficiently.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

I guess I misunderstood what a spell cooldown timer was. I always thought it was a constraint that prevented blue bars from casting spells and spending SP constantly, enforcing a select interval of waiting appropriate to the power of the spell to ensure game balance. How silly of me.

I also misunderstood that loot I acquired in game, be it a Mysterious Bauble, Vile Blasphemy, Ring of Spell Storing, Twisted Talisman, or stack of mnemonic pots were mine to use strategically as I wished as I gamed without having to answer to anyone. How ridiculous of me.

As for the store pots purchased with TP, I also misunderstood. I thought that, even though Turbine has introduced many "pay to win" features over the years, they had a right as a company to make revenues. Profitable revenues, even. I didn't understand that people who chose to spend their income "to win" DDO had anything to do with my personal game play choices. How short sighted of me.

Now that I understand that it's up to me to determine how everyone else uses their SP options and what level of difficulty they play at, I will be much more diligent in the future and stop minding my own business.
    Zoesha/Massalina/Lasers/Chakakhan/Altonia on Cannith
    Bonniebew Everywhere Else!
    @BonnieBew on Twitter I stream DDO as BonnieBew on Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by finch_bloomwhiffler View Post
    i guess i misunderstood what a spell cooldown timer was. I always thought it was a constraint that prevented blue bars from casting spells and spending sp constantly, enforcing a select interval of waiting appropriate to the power of the spell to ensure game balance. How silly of me.

I also misunderstood that loot i acquired in game, be it a mysterious bauble, vile blasphemy, ring of spell storing, twisted talisman, or stack of mnemonic pots were mine to use strategically as i wished as i gamed without having to answer to anyone. How ridiculous of me.

As for the store pots purchased with tp, i also misunderstood. I thought that, even though turbine has introduced many "pay to win" features over the years, they had a right as a company to make revenues. Profitable revenues, even. I didn't understand that people who chose to spend their income "to win" ddo had anything to do with my personal game play choices. How short sighted of me.

Now that i understand that it's up to me to determine how everyone else uses their sp options and what level of difficulty they play at, i will be much more diligent in the future and stop minding my own business.
    +1

/signed to OP about mana pots

but as much as I love this idea, it is never going to happen as it will simply mean less mana pot sales for turbine.
    "Focus on Adventure Not Grind"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    While your statement is true, it misses the point.

They are balancing the game to require them. (Ever run CITW harder than norm and not use a potion?)
    The most difficult raid in the game is not the entire game. Soloed two of the new quests last night and didn't even come close to needing to use a pot. That was running at level. If they were actually balancing the game to require pots, then an average player (and I don't really consider myself above average, although I have met plenty of below average players) would need to use pots when running quests at level, on normal.

If hard is harder to do without using pots and elite is very hard to do without using pots then that seems working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Do you even think about what you're asking for? They'll add a cooldown to mana pots which will then cause no raid bosses to spawn.
    Awnoo . Mayonnaise . Cellebrian . Gawnaball . Gawna . Gawnaderp .
    Gawnasorc . Mamadapolis . Gawnahjeal . Winnar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Gawno is excrement; Gawna is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    There are no mana pots in D&D.
    This is true, but for the sake of allowing you to argue with yourself, I'll post this quote from you from a couple weeks ago; "I understood when this game first came out why barbarians and later monks were faster then other classes after all DDO is trying to mirror Dungeons and Dragons, but really after 6+ years this game is an mmo so why do barbarians and monks get this arbitrary but significant advantage?"

As you so astutely pointed out, this game is based on D&D, but it's really an MMORPG and doesn't need to follow the rules of Dungeons and Dragons too closely.

This contradictory logic (stating that DDO should stray further from P&P and then saying it should stay closer to P&P) makes it seem that perhaps this is just another "nerf the classes that aren't the ones I love playing" thread, but I prefer to think that it's just plain trolling. Please send your rebuttal to the first part of this post to MadMatt70.

i dont see any logic about this. why add timer to mana pots? imagibe EE quests/raids with that. or even HE, like LoB or MA etc.. they can change other things to do game harder. and pot cooldown is surelly not 1 of those imo. but when something gets nerfed, we all go mad on devs, arent we? the way u use your SP its not affected by you, but from the whole party most times, so u might cannot control the use of your SP. havin a timer on pots will be even more frustrating. also, ppl will stop buying pots from store, for sure, n that will be a hard hit for turbine. the only good thing will be that pots AH price will be way lesser than the current!

Edit: also, this game is FULL of things that r NOT in DnD... so i dont see your point there

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrisoner View Post
    This is true, but for the sake of allowing you to argue with yourself, I'll post this quote from you from a couple weeks ago; "I understood when this game first came out why barbarians and later monks were faster then other classes after all DDO is trying to mirror Dungeons and Dragons, but really after 6+ years this game is an mmo so why do barbarians and monks get this arbitrary but significant advantage?"

As you so astutely pointed out, this game is based on D&D, but it's really an MMORPG and doesn't need to follow the rules of Dungeons and Dragons too closely.

This contradictory logic (stating that DDO should stray further from P&P and then saying it should stay closer to P&P) makes it seem that perhaps this is just another "nerf the classes that aren't the ones I love playing" thread, but I prefer to think that it's just plain trolling. Please send your rebuttal to the first part of this post to MadMatt70.
    I think I see what you are trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    The only way it can affect other people is the expectation to power-drink your way through stuff which does happen. Healers are pressured into doing this, this does happen. Why do you think healers don't pug?

Your argument makes no sense.

Who needs SP pots to zerg? This is a serious question. As far as I know everything in the game has been completed with zero SP pots except EE CiTW. Everything else in this game is easily zergable with no SP pots needed by good players. When you get to that point you'll know what I'm talking about.
    Hehe ye are cracking me up. Musta missed the heavy dose of sarcasm in my post.

But lets recap a little, a healer doesn't PUG because of this "pressure" to chug nem pots. They don't PUG because they get blamed when folks die, or a party wipe occurs. Or worse vilified as a bad healer. Funny, how nobody blames the tank, arcane, rogue or whatever for the wipe. It is the cleric that failed to keep everybody up.

My argument makes no sense in the haste pot example because it is exactly the same as your argument that casters who do not complete a quest without a nem pot or a few. A melee can get stacks of haste pots and be effectively on PERMA-haste 100% of the time while fighting. Many so-called uber players cannot play their melee's without a haste pot/spell going. All these melee running around with max DPS potential all the time is ruining those other poor melee's who can/will not chug them. Their DPS is so soo much higher than the ones who are chugging down haste pots.

Lastly, nobody needs SP pots to zerg. I rarely use them, and almost never when soloing. I didn't say anybody did. I believe the argument being made was in the wiz king example that a caster COULD zerg it with SP pots and not use a single shrine. Not sure why pot chugging would make something zergable or not... I am sure a melee could zerg any quest without haste pots too...

I guess the point is why would SP pots be singled out as a culprit, but not haste pots, HP pots, or any other pot? The fact remains though, none are the culprit. People will ALWAYS go the path of least resistance. If you do not want to take the easy road, nobody is making you.

For the record, I don't take the easy road. I take great pride in trying to manage my resources effectively to ensure that I use as few pots (if any!) during a quest. Additionally, I also Permadeath regularly so any of the above options aren't allowed. Cannot buy pots from a vendor, broker or auction house. Definitely NO DDO store bought items, and you can ONLY use what you find as loot. You cannot even buy a +1 plain weapon, or +1 arrows, or +1 thieves tools, etc.

So I have a pretty decent idea of what it is like to get through a quest without any of the above pot-chugging. Even when I am not PDing, I still carry that mentality with me. I hate dying, and I hate wasting my pots! If I have to chug a nem pot or 2, I believe I could have done it better, and will try again to see if I can pull it off without needing those pots.

But that is me, and I certainly wouldn't want to force down someone else's throat my play-style. It is just plain silly.

I've got to say... I mean, I only have a 21/wiz thus far so I can't speak for other classes, but I've only ever drunk 1 mana pot on purpose. (A couple by misclicking though) But the one on purpose was at like level 3 or 4 at my first death (Irestone Inlet), and in town mind you, before I knew I could eat/drink at the tavern.

Its sad to me that for wizards at least many players are so unversitale and rely solely on a single function such as spells. You still have wands, scrolls, weapons, abilities, heaven forbid... tactics. Or even SP management.

I used to have the korthos set that restores your mana, now I have the twisted talisman... but I don't plan on using them each quest. They are more for emergencies in my mind.

Its gotten so bad that OTHER players go nuts if I don't use certain things. Not only should my game revolve around certain spells according to them, but they want to build their game around me. Demanding disco balls and rage/hastes like a little moon. C'mon man, cut that out.

Stop worrying about what Kobe's doing.
    Work on YOUR jumpshot.

As for pots, I wouldn't limit them though. If thats what folks want to drop cash on, let them. It'd be funny though if they started putting asterisks next to quests you completed by 'juicin' pots or using DDO store items. That'd be drama.

Awesome Maddmatt first you want them to nerf epic hard, so they add a way to steer people towards EE now you dont want people to complete EE. Not signed. and your hillarious btw
    Gemdeath (Gimp Completionist)
    Wolfclan Wharfrat Furios and others. Yes my grammer sucks

Community Member

not signed and then tied with a chain to the "It's time to put stamina bars on melee" thread and tossed together screaming into the infernal pits of Shavarath.

/not signed

If I want to chug pots then thats up to me.

How does it effect you if I chug pots and complete the quest and you dont chug pots and complete the quest. Not at all (assuming we are not in party together)

While potting is the only workaround for recovering the party after a lag spike kills half of them for no rhyme or reason, no. I'd rather have the option to save 12 people's real life time rerunning the preraid **** because of a factor entirely out of their control screwing them if the only cost is that same mechanic can be used by some strangers on the other side of the world get to "cheat" their way to a completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    We like the fact it’s a choice as suppose to, “hell we just kill yonder dragon cause we’re OP”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I say we take off and nerf the whole game from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast