Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gradeyshane View Post
    So get rid of the purchasable rest shrines and the cakes, and the hirleing that can be brought into a dungeon at any point (gold star) and ..and..and.

Ummkay.
    Indeed, i'd remove the store entirely except for Adventure packs, classes/races and cosmetics.

If you need to pay real $$ to complete a quest then something is really really wrong.

But it will never happen, seems that there are a lot of pay2win people out there, so they will continue adding even more pay2win items in the store, which is really sad..this game got a great potential, wasting it for some more money in the near future isn't really that smart in the long term.
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

I declare all healing pots get a 1 minute timer.. its unfair that cleric isnt healing me so if you institute a 1 minute period between healing pots they HAVE to heal me... Sounds stupid right?

If you dont want to drink a 'Mana Pot' then don't its your choice. I drink mana pots, I drink healing pots, I spend my TP how I want to...YOU spend yours how you want to and we can all co-exist.

Community Member

So people think power-drinking your way through rough content is a good thing? Just curious as to if I'm interpreting people correctly.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fefnir_2011 View Post
    Not true at all. Store pots are theoretically unlimited. Without store pots, the only source of Major Mnemonics comes from chests and end rewards in limited quantities. As someone who only buys pots with in-game plat, let me assure you I play the game completely differently than store pot drinkers. For one, I cringe every time I drink a single pot, while I have actually seen people pot up instead of shrining because "it takes too long". It's a big difference.
    That is a price issue. If you remove pots from the store, I can still buy them with TP / real money. Clearly the folks you are referring to see the price per pot as too low to be relevant. That just suggests that maybe they should increase the price. The few time I drink a pot, it doesn't bother me. I have saved up around 700 in the two years I have been playing - without buying them with plat or TP. It causing you to cringe is *probably* (since I don't know you, I can only guess) a price issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    So people think power-drinking your way through rough content is a good thing? Just curious as to if I'm interpreting people correctly.
    I am mildly in favor of a hard limit per quest. That said, I don't personally see a huge issue if someone else wants to drink their way to victory. Doesn't really affect me, and I don't see why we need to rain on their fun. Before someone makes the Devs will design content around it argument. They haven't yet - in the years that store pots have been around. Besides, you'd need to do a lot to remove lame completions. Remove cakes, sp pots from the store & as dropds, heal scrolls from the store & vendors, re-entries, divine vit from hires / regenerating turns, etc. Lots of ways in this game to get a cheesy win, really.

I cannot for the life of me understand why people feel compelled to continuously urge "fixes" to things that ain't broke. Who the hell is drinking all these pots that have got your panties all twisted? Ban them from your groups then. Even so, how is it impacting your gameplay. "Oh noes! Other people are able to do things! I don't like it that I have the option of whether or not I can do those same things! I say no to options, no matter how stupid guzzling pots are just to complete!"

Seriously?
    Originally Posted by Eladrin
    I often word things in ways that cause the most speculation and panic, because I'm capricious and mean.
    Argo: Cydia - Ariasa

We really need to stop concerning ourselves on how other people play the game. It has ZERO bearing one's own gameplay. This isn't a PvP game.

Play YOUR game. Stop playing other's game.

Next up: Nerf Helf Cleric Dilletante. Give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    People who don't do it -- Think it's a bad thing
    People who do do it -- Think there is nothing wrong with it
    Turbine who makes money off selling things to do it -- Thinks it's a good thing

Theoretically - I'm against it, but it's a personal preference coming from enjoying games that are a challenge. But, I do see the incentive for Turbine to make something difficult and then charge money for an "easy button".

As long as there are people with more money on their hands than time or skill -- I'm all for Turbine taking that money off their hands and keeping the game running, as long as it isn't stopping me from playing my style of play.
    Thelanis, CureLite Bottling Co:
    Nen (Barb/Ranger, Founder) / Emeril (Cleric, Founder) / Kraxkit (Dex Ranger) /
    Klyde (DPS Barbarian) / Sojourne (Rogue, Trapsmith) / and many others

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    It is just high time the devs did this. I would suggest a one minute timer before a player can drink another mana pot. I do not have any problem with failing more quests because quite frankly if I have to drink mana pots to beat a quest I do not deserve to beat the quest. Failing quests just makes the victories that much more sweet and encourages higher quality game play. There are no mana pots in D&D.

This game is too easy. 4 or 5 years ago DDO was so much more difficult. If you the devs are opposed to this on the normal or hard difficulties at least consider it for the elite difficulty. Thanks for striving to improve the game play.
    Agreed, a timer would be a good thing, never understood why casters should be excluded from any kind of conservation mechanic while all other abilities such as haste/damage boosts and songs can't simply be regained by the click of a (easy)button. Turbine really dropped the ball on casters an now that everyone is used to them it seems like they deem it to late to pick it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    They will never do this. You don't limit the cash cow's milk production
    And this is sadly true, what would likely happen if anything is that in game potions received a timer while store potions bypassed the timer mechanic (now I hope I'm not giving them ideas -_-, raid timers I'm looking at you)
    The Tarcane Death knight; a solo friendly plate wearing (0% spell failure) arcane knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    We really need to stop concerning ourselves on how other people play the game. It has ZERO bearing one's own gameplay. This isn't a PvP game.

Play YOUR game. Stop playing other's game.
    Not to burst your bubble, but sp pots are influencing everyone's gameplay.

Have you ever played a game where ammo were a limiting factor? Well, sp pots are like infinite ammo cheat: if they design content balanced on limited sp then those who got infinite sp will find the game too easy and boring; if they design content balanced on unlimited sp then those who got finite sp will find the game impossible.

since the game is about fun ...then yeah anything that achieves that is fine...i rarely see people drink pot after pot during quests,most people with bars dont ...fun rememeber ..if someone wants to blast away blast away blast away in a quest and its fun for them then why not ...if you dont like that option ...then dont join quests with blue bars.....other players deciding how other players should have fun is wrong in all aspects ..

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    There are no mana pots in D&D.
    True, but there are scrolls used to restore used spells...

Quote Originally Posted by legendlore View Post
    Agreed, a timer would be a good thing, never understood why casters should be excluded from any kind of conservation mechanic while all other abilities such as haste/damage boosts and songs can't simply be regained by the click of a (easy)button.
    This argument is flawed. Songs, dmg, boosts, etc.. are not the only means of dispatching mobs. While I agree that it is far more respectable to eventually learn spell point management... A wizard without SP is just an old man with a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post

Have you ever played a game where ammo were a limiting factor? Well, sp pots are like infinite ammo cheat: if they design content balanced on limited sp then those who got infinite sp will find the game too easy and boring; if they design content balanced on unlimited sp then those who got finite sp will find the game impossible.
    Ding! We have a winner. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Wow, a lot of folks are extremely defensive about pot chugging.

My feeling would be that it is more appropriate to look at it from the experience end. A personal penalty for consuming multiple pot (spell point, healing, whatever might be appropriate, and that list is certainly debatable) would have the following effect.

- It would drive players to play smarter.
    - It would disincline other players from berating you for *not* drinking them, as the one thing no one will dork with is XP.
    - It would still allow for completion in situations where chugging becomes necessary, but would come at a cost.

And frankly, it only seems reasonable to me that if someone has had to go that route they haven't really earned the experience.

Now all sorts of debate could be had around which consumables are appropriate and which are not. My personal opinion would be that any consumable for which the only gating factor is money (in-game or real life) is reasonable to choke. Be that pots or scrolls. But if they are not purchasable, then no.

JMHO
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Obviously the OP has nothing better to do than worry about how other people play.
    The OP is also the one that complained that monks and barbs run faster, why can't the others?

I decided to stay out of that thread.

Just like how a melee can swing a weapon all day long and for the most part not worry about it ever breaking or get exhausted?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    A wizard without SP is just an old man with a stick.
    A wizard without SP when he needs SP is just a bad wizard. I understand they want everyone to feel uber, but there should be some sort of reward for more skilled people.

But having unlimited hp as melee is ok? This isn't about ammo, it's about dmg, and melees can also have unlimited "ammo"

Default big phat no

In all the groups i've been in I've never or rarely seen the behaviour you want to nerf.

Let alone the fact you're trying to dictate how everyone plays for some strange reason this really isn't a problem.

If we take your reasoning a bit further we end up with:
    No sp re-gen

• Torc
    • Conc-ops
    • Bard Songs
    • RSS
    • Twisted Talisman
    • Bauble etc

After all, they're exactly the same as drinking a pot right?

If the game is too easy for you, change how you play, don't change how I play.

/not signed
    Pipot, Officer of Loot, Cannith.

A wizard without SP when he needs SP is just a bad wizard. I understand they want everyone to feel uber, but there should be some sort of reward for more skilled people.
    Indeed, the rewards are:

1)bragging rights(this is what it is apparently about here)

2)You don't have to spend as much plat and/or RL monies

Again, stop concerning yourself with other people's enjoyment of the game. Take your no-pot driking self to the MAX Congratz thread. profit.

Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast