Page 25 of 79 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 1562
  1. #481
    Community Member pHo3nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoala View Post
    For better or for worse, I feel that people should be allowed to use their resources as they see fit.
    Indeed, freedom first of all, i think we all agree here.

    But he isn't asking people to stop buying or drinking them, he's just asking to change a game mechanic so that people will be free to drink a pot in desperate moments but won't be able to buy completions, cheapening every kind of achievement.

    Saying that turbine will never change this cause they would lose money doesn't make the OP argument less valid, it just shows how deep we went into a p2w game..
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

  2. #482
    Founder Chaos000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Plano Texas
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post
    But he isn't asking people to stop buying or drinking them, he's just asking to change a game mechanic so that people will be free to drink a pot in desperate moments but won't be able to buy completions, cheapening every kind of achievement.

    Saying that turbine will never change this cause they would lose money doesn't make the OP argument less valid, it just shows how deep we went into a p2w game..
    it's exactly what happened to scrolls, wands, and clickies. They balanced it out to have longer cooldowns. If they were to add a couple seconds before anyone can drink another potion that would effectively change the game environment. I was annoyed with the changes to leap of faith of limiting the # and having to wait 3 seconds before using it.

    Either way everyone is going to be effected. I guarantee that a timer on mana pots will effectively add a timer on ALL potions curse, poison, mana, silver flame... putting a timer on all potions is a lot easier to implement than putting a timer only one particular type of potion.

    hope you're happy.
    Daishado

    "drink triple ... see double ... act single! uh oh wife aggro" *hides*

  3. #483
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post
    it just shows how deep we went into a p2w game..
    /agree

    and also, looking over the many pages, one of the biggest reasons why people are against this is because they dont want Turbine to lose money. i find that hard to believe as a good reason why there should be no changes to mana potions when most of the threads on the forums are about whines, gripes and problems. saying they dont want Turbine to lose money which supports the game suggests they are happy with their p2w ways and like their easy buttons, afraid that a change would cause them to "work harder".

    for the record, i am against mana usage timers. i am for less mana potions obtained. with all the spell regens and clickies and sp pool and ways to increase sp pool and so on. we should be able to make our sp last between shrines without having to drink pots. in the case of raids where it appears that win=pots, it takes a little time, but eventually we figure them out to the point where we can seriously decrease, if at all, pot drinking. increased challenge to Shroud and LOB are 2 good examples.

  4. #484
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    255

    Default

    If I need to chug 3 or 4 pots to finish a quest, you really think it is going to do anything other than cause an extra few seconds/minutes of pain in the butt while I wait for the stupid timer? Its not changing the game, its ONLY causing more waste of time. Thats it. Just more time for me to sit there and wait out a mindless, idiotic timer. It will not change the fact that ...if i NEED to drink 3 or 4 pots to finish a quest that I will. So why would that be a good idea?

    Why is limiting someone's options to play this game a good idea? I maintain the fact that EVERYONE can implement any change they desire. If you dont want to drink but 1 pot per minute then do so. Why is it so urgent that you limit the other gamers of the community because YOU dont like it?

  5. #485
    Community Member Vint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post
    Saying that turbine will never change this cause they would lose money doesn't make the OP argument less valid, it just shows how deep we went into a p2w game..
    I am by no means on the Chai bandwagon, but the majority has spoken that they want easy buttons and shortcuts to victory. (I am not one of them BTW). Turbine is giving us what we ask for.

    Look at it this way:

    I feel that anyone that cant solo WW elite on any level 7 character (no twink gear), should have their IP banned because they bring down the quality of the game. Turbine would possibly lose money because this person is not here and there would be one less person to hit your LFM, but would you honestly want this "gimp" in your party? So we out a test that a person can’t level to 8 until they solo WW elite.

    Would everyone agree with this? If you don’t want to have people rely on P2W tactics and only on skill then this should not be a problem. Or is this to constrictive and we should let everyone decide what is fun for themselves?
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

    LEGION

  6. #486
    Community Member chance2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    347

    Smile Nerph the complaining

    Nerph this Nerph that.
    Lets have them Nerph the complaining.
    Why would they ever think to put a timer on making them money to keep the game alive?
    I gave a sorc in my guild 90 sp pots from playing the game.
    He does buy the occasional sp pot and I could care less.
    If he wants to spend his money on that its fine with me.
    If you want people to play by your rules start your own game, or run with like minded people.
    More often than not when I am running my main Smigit I do not bother with ship buffs.
    Do I think others should do the same? No!
    I even pay for all our ship buffs and expect no one in my guild to help pay the costs of keeping our ship stocked.
    Do I think some use the ship buffs as a crutch? Yes!
    Poor Smigit dies often and it does not bother me. Most he has died of late in one quest is 126 times.
    Running with just a hireling in Druid's Deep. Did I buy res cakes nope.
    After 126 I did give up the fight on that try. Then went back and did it without a death.
    I would never demand that people play one way or the other.
    When the new content comes out Smigit goes and attempts it on hard no matter with just a hireling.
    Does he always survive? No.
    Does he always die? No
    Smigit is not a tr because I refuse to Tr him.
    Ran a hard shroud with a bunch of multi life Tr's guess who was the last standing a good 5-10 min after the rest were dead. Then poor smig fell to the beast.
    Putting a timer on store pots is a real bad ideal, unless they want to make people leave the game.
    so
    /not signed
    Not all who wander are lost. I am not lost, I am just exploring.
    Smigit F25 (Leg Dread 5), Xappit w20 (tr), Tamix C20,Smigitjr Tmp R 22, Tamik 14 P (3rd life,) , Xsong bard 20, Smigit5 arti 21, Xappet 20 AA, Smigit6 D22 (fw2), Tamok Fvs 20 Smoxfeat monk 16 Taggem Wf Pally 14 others. Leader Circle of Destruction Argonnessen

  7. #487
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    It's time to put a timer (a very long one) on Madmatt70's bad ideas.

  8. #488
    Community Member illusion28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lima - Peru
    Posts
    214

    Red face High up in the sky.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    I am by no means on the Chai bandwagon, but the majority has spoken that they want easy buttons and shortcuts to victory. (I am not one of them BTW). Turbine is giving us what we ask for.
    Sorry but i disagree, mainly because I think you sound kind of high and might when saying:

    Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    I feel that anyone that cant solo WW elite on any level 7 character (no twink gear), should have their IP banned because they bring down the quality of the game.
    I honestly think that sometimes we forget that we were that gimp, or made that many mistakes when starting to play (for those who didn't, i salute you and offer my apologies for assuming you started the game now knowing how to play). I truly believe that no one WANTS to rely on P2W tactics, but probably they haven't learn another way, or someone hasn't pointed that out to them.

    A while ago I was with a sorc doing a GladeWatch Outpost Defense elite at level, and he was depleting his blue bar and chugging pots while covering the side entrance, and when I approached to heal him I noticed he was using Fireball to attack assassins, and those little creeps at lvl tend to evade most of ref. based attacks, so instead of treating him like a GIMPYOUCAN'TPLAYIDON'TWANTTOGROUPWITHYOUANYMORE, I pointed out that he should try to tone down his max or empower feats and use no save based spells, like scorching ray, given the fact that side entrance is narrow and pretty diff. for them to move out of the ray's AoA. After that he wasn't using pots anymore (just some CMW but that's just because i couldn't reach him).

    We met in a PUG some weeks after and was even giving me tips in how to manage my sp :P Because he started reading and asking in forums and stuff.

    To forget that some UBER PLAYERS once were gimped and noobs and all those labes some use now to qualify "not so good players"... makes me laugh really.

    People don't want a P2W button, the idea of saying Turbine makes money is pointed to the OP, the fact that they, like someone said, will just start selling NO TIMER POTS!... and that'll be the end of the potion discussion.

    Have a nice one

  9. #489
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    I am by no means on the Chai bandwagon, but the majority has spoken that they want easy buttons and shortcuts to victory. (I am not one of them BTW). Turbine is giving us what we ask for.

    Look at it this way:

    I feel that anyone that cant solo WW elite on any level 7 character (no twink gear), should have their IP banned because they bring down the quality of the game. Turbine would possibly lose money because this person is not here and there would be one less person to hit your LFM, but would you honestly want this "gimp" in your party? So we out a test that a person can’t level to 8 until they solo WW elite.

    Would everyone agree with this? If you don’t want to have people rely on P2W tactics and only on skill then this should not be a problem. Or is this to constrictive and we should let everyone decide what is fun for themselves?
    There is absolutely np doubt that the game at it's base has gotten MUCH easier..... BUT, the harder game (which I personalyl preffered myself) was a complete failure with many times of the day having 1 or 2 LFMS on most of the servers....

    I don't really care what others do or buy with real money or plat at this point.... Anything that has the chance of lowering the player base, such as ideas like this is well counter-productive. The elite players will stay or go, and it will ahve nothing to do wtih the players that drink however many SP pots to complete a quest.

  10. #490
    Hatchery Hero Sonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gradeyshane View Post
    If I need to chug 3 or 4 pots to finish a quest, you really think it is going to do anything other than cause an extra few seconds/minutes of pain in the butt while I wait for the stupid timer? Its not changing the game, its ONLY causing more waste of time. Thats it. Just more time for me to sit there and wait out a mindless, idiotic timer. It will not change the fact that ...if i NEED to drink 3 or 4 pots to finish a quest that I will. So why would that be a good idea?

    Why is limiting someone's options to play this game a good idea? I maintain the fact that EVERYONE can implement any change they desire. If you dont want to drink but 1 pot per minute then do so. Why is it so urgent that you limit the other gamers of the community because YOU dont like it?
    good point.


    *New to the DDO store! The mnemonic drip! It is an IV bag that you drag around on a mobile stand. 10sp per second. -30% movement speed but hey it beats chilling out in a corner for 5 mins. while you chug those timer pots(quest is almost over). Now you too can be part of the action.


    (*Not really available in the store and might be a poor attempt at levity).

  11. #491
    Community Member Vint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusion28 View Post
    Sorry but i disagree, mainly because I think you sound kind of high and might when saying:
    Thank you, you proved my point. I would never be obtuse enough to demand a skill test for people.

    The point of that thread was to show that people should not push their "the only way to play and have fun" attitude on everyone else.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

    LEGION

  12. #492
    Community Member illusion28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lima - Peru
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Thank you, you proved my point. I would never be obtuse enough to demand a skill test for people.

    The point of that thread was to show that people should not push their "the only way to play and have fun" attitude on everyone else.
    Damn ... SUCCESS!! hehe

    Well done

  13. #493
    Community Member pHo3nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Thank you, you proved my point. I would never be obtuse enough to demand a skill test for people.

    The point of that thread was to show that people should not push their "the only way to play and have fun" attitude on everyone else.
    We all were noobs once, we got pwned in quests, learn new tactics and improved our skills, then we went in the same quests and crushed them. SP pots just let you crush quest even though you aren't ready, so you have no reason to improve your skills.

    I think i used 6 major pots (the ones found in game) since i started playing, and they were all used in the same ToD run cause a friend desperately need the completion but the group was obviously not ready. I've never used 1 anymore..if people aren't ready they deserve to fail, no way they should be able to buy their completion.
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

  14. #494
    Hatchery Hero Sonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post
    We all were noobs once, we got pwned in quests, learn new tactics and improved our skills, then we went in the same quests and crushed them. SP pots just let you crush quest even though you aren't ready, so you have no reason to improve your skills.

    I think i used 6 major pots (the ones found in game) since i started playing, and they were all used in the same ToD run cause a friend desperately need the completion but the group was obviously not ready. I've never used 1 anymore..if people aren't ready they deserve to fail, no way they should be able to buy their completion.
    I buy my way to completion with heal scrolls quite a bit while soloing. Even that is no one else's business.

    Have you ever carried people that weren't ready to completion? By that same token, if I'm on a blue bar and some of those that weren't ready were soaking it up, and After 40-50 hours of my work week, I want to purchase some blue juice rather than recall out or sit in a corner and wait for potion timers to expire, that is none of anyone else's business. Or we almost finish a raid but the lagmonster killed half of the party and a little blue juice will save a wasted 30 mins. that's be our business too. Play YOUR Game[tm]

  15. #495
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    It's time to put a timer (a very long one) on Madmatt70's bad ideas.
    Haha.

    Artemis smiles at Drizzt
    bred of an Ice Flenser and a Djinni Ravensguard
    "You people are insatiable." - Tarrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodasch View Post
    I do, it's true. I have a stick figure drawing with the word "Coldest" drawn above it and an arrow pointing from the name down to the drawing...

  16. #496
    Community Member pHo3nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    I buy my way to completion with heal scrolls quite a bit while soloing. Even that is no one else's business.
    Heal scrolls are completely different from sp pots: they are slower to cast, they require you to make a concentration check, they cannot be chain spammed to heal through huge amount of damage, they only heal 1 target at time.

    I don't think anyone asked to change heal scrolls, so please, leave them alone
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

  17. #497
    Community Member mobrien316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post
    I think i used 6 major pots (the ones found in game) since i started playing,
    You're my hero.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

    Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

  18. #498
    Community Member pHo3nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    You're my hero.
    Do you want a big photo of me to put in your bedroom?
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

  19. #499
    Community Member mobrien316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post
    Do you want a big photo of me to put in your bedroom?
    Nah... Just a screenshot of you not drinking a pot would be fine.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

    Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

  20. #500
    Community Member pHo3nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    Nah... Just a screenshot of you not drinking a pot would be fine.
    As i said, except those 6 pots some years ago i've never used 1 anymore..if torc+conc opposition+other ways to get sp from in game items aren't enough it just means i'm going to fail cause i'm too weak for the challenge
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

Page 25 of 79 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload