Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by illusion28 View Post
    /not signed

Melees can just whack away forever, until their red bars goes black, while casters get depleated by every metafeat they get (plus the lack of materials if you forgot to check and restack), plus their red bars aren't the highest (d4 d6 d8)
    I think you are disregarding the action boosts that melees are dependent on.

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Are you suggesting that we give spell point action boosts to casters? Genius. Something good really can happen in Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Are you suggesting that we give spell point action boosts to casters? Genius. Something good really can happen in Kansas.
    I thought that was what the ToD belts were.

Would you rather be the self-healing monk without clickies or a mage with zero sp in most situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    Would you rather be the self-healing monk without clickies or a mage with zero sp in most situations.
    One of those would mean I am an extremely poor planner.

Ah! But that wasn't the question.

Comparing clickies to SP is a stretch and that non-answer was telling.

Ah! But that wasn't the question.

Comparing clickies to SP is a stretch and that non-answer was telling.
    I wasn't really. I think limiting mana potions by putting them on a timer is not a good idea. I have not seen a compelling argument to do it from anyone. Heck, this whole thread is in the wrong forum. It should be in suggestions. The only thing right about it is the amount of awesomeness I bring it by participating.

I wasn't really. I think limiting mana potions by putting them on a timer is not a good idea. I have not seen a compelling argument to do it from anyone. Heck, this whole thread is in the wrong forum. It should be in suggestions. The only thing right about it is the amount of awesomeness I bring it by participating.

Wurd.

Lock this puppy up :P

To the op

i don't see how it actualy efects you. actualy it benefits us all if those who need to do. you see its all cash in ddo coffers and that's the only thing that keeps this game going.

Quite simply you play your way. don't use any pots if that's you thing . even better lets get rid of mana as that isn't in dnd. Back to the rules i say. casters can only cast as many times per rest as they have spell slots.

Quite frankly sick to death of those who think they have the right to tell people ho to play the game.

For better or for worse, I feel that people should be allowed to use their resources as they see fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    I agree with the feathered marsupial.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoala View Post
    For better or for worse, I feel that people should be allowed to use their resources as they see fit.
    Exactly....if you don't like the way someone else plays that's what your squelch list is for.......oh that's right....your types are already full....oh well.....too bad...maybe spend more time on doing the proper work first...like making a suggestion instead to expand the amount of people you can squelch so you don't have to be bothered with mnemonic-holics.

Better luck next time.

Scratt for president!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vVvAiaynAvVv View Post
    Exactly....if you don't like the way someone else plays that's what your squelch list is for.......oh that's right....your types are already full....oh well.....too bad...maybe spend more time on doing the proper work first...like making a suggestion instead to expand the amount of people you can squelch so you don't have to be bothered with mnemonic-holics.

Better luck next time.

Mnemonemon Doo doo! doo doo doo. Mnemonemon Doo doo! doo doo doo.

No, both of those would mean you are an extremely poor planner. Now answer the question as to which you'd rather be, should you hypothetically find yourself in the situation of being one or the other due to poor planning.
    Ghallanda Server: Rodasch - Pale Master, Niccolina - Assassin, Mahlak - Radiant Servant, Etayn - Monster, Brikbaht - Tukaw, Khawstik - Pale Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi-koibito View Post
    I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a fat guy in a Godzilla suit.

Not disregarding action boosts, but when the action boosts dissapear, you can still fight right?. Tell that to a wizzy with no blue bar... hope you have room in your backpack for the stone . Of course there are wands and such, but same melees can use haste pots (speed boost clickie) barkskin pot (another clickie replacer) and other resources

What I was trying to say is that a melee in the end, never stops fighting because you're not dependant to a "blue bar", the strongest point of a caster is it's blue bar, aside all the other items they can use, and unless you have arti past life and 3 wizzy past lifes to really have an UBER wand to work in any lvl situation, then it's kinda complicated to talk about limiting the "blue bar healing pot", especially since lots of players just deplete it out of a spasmic reaction to not knowing what to do.

Each player is entitled to do whatever he/she wants with what he/she looted - bought - saved.

By the way, I know it's the "cool" thing to do, to prove how much of a hard-case uber elite bad arse you are, by decrying the use of things like mnemonic potions...it proves your hard-coreness and makes you popular with all the other kids...we get it.

But seriously, no one here really cares how "cool" you are or how "uber", if all you're going to do is try to call for nerfs of everyone else and bully the less fortunate "uncool" kids. It's hostile, arrogant, and it's unproductive.

I'll let you in on a little secret. The truly awesome players don't waste time and energy showing off how "uber" they are by calling for the removal of tools they don't need just for the purpose of forcing the people who do like to use them to play out of their comfort zone. They instead spend their time just being awesome, and leading by example, mentoring the willing, and seeking to not only enjoy their own game play, but to enhance the game play experience of others...all while making it look easy.

So, feel free to carry on, but no matter whether you get mnemonics nerfed or not, you'll still not be any better at playing than you were before that, nor will anyone else be better at playing than they were...but a few will be markedly worse.
    Ghallanda Server: Rodasch - Pale Master, Niccolina - Assassin, Mahlak - Radiant Servant, Etayn - Monster, Brikbaht - Tukaw, Khawstik - Pale Master
    I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a fat guy in a Godzilla suit.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodasch View Post
    I'll let you in on a little secret. The truly awesome players don't waste time and energy showing off how "uber" they are by calling for the removal of tools they don't need just for the purpose of forcing the people who do like to use them to play out of their comfort zone. They instead spend their time just being awesome, and leading by example, mentoring the willing, and seeking to not only enjoy their own game play, but to enhance the game play experience of others...all while making it look easy.

So, feel free to carry on, but no matter whether you get mnemonics nerfed or not, you'll still not be any better at playing than you were before that, nor will anyone else be better at playing than they were...but a few will be markedly worse.
    Wow. You truly do admire me. Touching.
    bred of an Ice Flenser and a Djinni Ravensguard
    "You people are insatiable." - Tarrant.
    I do, it's true. I have a stick figure drawing with the word "Coldest" drawn above it and an arrow pointing from the name down to the drawing...

Quote Originally Posted by Coldest View Post
    Wow. You truly do admire me. Touching.
    I do, it's true. I have a stick figure drawing with the word "Coldest" drawn above it and an arrow pointing from the name down to the drawing...I keep this picture over my bed and look at it longingly every night before I go to sleep, hoping and praying that I will have dreams of hanging out with you and just being within the aura of your awesomeness.

You are my hero, my idol, and my inspiration. Don't ever leave me, I would die of heartbreak.

I'm surprised the idiocy of the OP is still being debated.

The drop rate on mana potions is low. I rarely use them except in maybe a couple of quests, or in a quest where the actions of the group require me to do a lot of heavy lifting. If you have to chug a bunch of pots for an arcane, either the group dynaic is all wrong, or you're playing a caster wrong. Still, it is a source of income to Turbine, and a relatively rare drop which offsets (or implicity prohibits) frequent useage.

You think Turbine is going to shut off, or at best limit, a revenue generator that essentially costs them *nothing* to develop and support? If you do, you're either dense or insane.

If this is the case, I think it only fair that DDO implement a fatigue system whereby melees expend a limited supply of energy swinging their mighty sharp, pointy things on mobs, after which when they run out of energy, they become helpless. Same principle, different application. Then give them Ye Olde Red Bulleth to replenish their energy stores.

And then put those energy restorers on a timer. Then we'll talk about mana pots.
    Antipan, Pandargon, Pandolin, Panifin, Panmorgan, Pangrael, and all other things "pan-ed"...

Quote Originally Posted by squishwizzy View Post

The drop rate on mana potions is low. I rarely use them except in maybe a couple of quests, or in a quest where the actions of the group require me to do a lot of heavy lifting. If you have to chug a bunch of pots for an arcane, either the group dynaic is all wrong, or you're playing a caster wrong. Still, it is a source of income to Turbine, and a relatively rare drop which offsets (or implicity prohibits) frequent useage.

You think Turbine is going to shut off, or at best limit, a revenue generator that essentially costs them *nothing* to develop and support? If you do, you're either dense or insane.

If this is the case, I think it only fair that DDO implement a fatigue system whereby melees expend a limited supply of energy swinging their mighty sharp, pointy things on mobs, after which when they run out of energy, they become helpless. Same principle, different application. Then give them Ye Olde Red Bulleth to replenish their energy stores.

And then put those energy restorers on a timer. Then we'll talk about mana pots.
    a melee may be able to keep swinging longer than a caster type can swill mana pots, but a melee will eventually fall too. after healing stops from any party members able to do so, than melees resort to their own self healing. eventually that disappears.

in reality, cases like this dont normally happen. if it ever gets to this point, than its a party wipe or people are scrambling to get out of the quest.

each scenario is different and depends on how many players are willing to consume and how many players actually bring with them the pots.

Thanks for the excellent response. I would argue that basically we have one main raid that is brings the question the strongest, CiTW and the threat of future mechanics. So far there is no evidence of this and I would certainly welcome the debate if they go this route.
    No problem, I generally find discussing game mechanics fun and would definitely welcome further discussion if the subject arises when future raids and quests are released

But I feel it time to withdraw from this thread, there simply isn't much to gain with all the hostility and name calling going on, this seems to be to loaded a topic to be handled civil way sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by vVvAiaynAvVv View Post
    ....your types
    It's hostile, arrogant, and it's unproductive.
    it's hostile, arrogant and unproductive to discuss how a game mechanic can be bypassed with real life money? Maybe you should read your own post plenty hostility there.

Quote Originally Posted by squishwizzy View Post
    The Tarcane Death knight; a solo friendly plate wearing (0% spell failure) arcane knight.

Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast