Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 1562
  1. #241
    Founder Alavatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alavatar View Post
    I just want to reiterate my position.
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

  2. #242
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Wouldnt need to. Never have before on an arcane.
    *Citation needed

  3. #243

    Default

    It is time.

  4. #244
    Community Member WruntJunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roryk27 View Post
    *Citation needed
    Easy plan for people who do not provide their character names but still make outrageous claims, such as never using a mana potion on their arcane: assume it's because they don't have an arcane. :P

    Edit: I find it nigh impossible to believe that, unless you either have no SP pots or no arcane, you would never use SP pots on an arcane. Pugging a lot (which I find tremendously fun, as you really never know what will happen), I tend to use SP pots every now and then just to give that little extra bump to make a "boss at 1% health" fail into a "victory", or similar close calls. Granted, while soloing I can take my time and not need to use potions (though I'm usually too impatient for that if I'm doing something like soloing epics pre-u14), but if you're grouping with anyone else, you're extremely likely to needing to pot on occasion, even if it's a very rare occasion. As a side-note, leveling speed on an arcane compared to a melee has to do with two simple things: AoE damage, and haste. I guarantee an arcane will level faster than a melee for 95% of people, but that's because haste and AoE damage lets you run to only the fights you need to do, and get them done quickly (I don't count invis, as it comes in clickies).
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 11-16-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

  5. #245
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Easy plan for people who do not provide their character names but still make outrageous claims, such as never using a mana potion on their arcane: assume it's because they don't have an arcane. :P
    I was just going to call shenanigans on it, but this seems more likely.

  6. #246
    Community Member blkcat1028's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in North Carolina
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BossOfEarth View Post
    It is time.
    You say that to all the threads...

    I thought this was about Pot Sausage... not sure what a pot sausage is, but it sounded interesting.
    "You know how sometimes when you’re drifting off to sleep you feel that jolt, like you were falling and caught yourself at the last second? It’s nothing to be concerned about, it’s usually just the parasite adjusting its grip." -David Wong

  7. #247

    Default

    This thread is asinine.

    If you think Mnemonic Potions are a bad thing, don't use them.

    If you don't like it when other people use Mnemonic Potions, then don't play with those people.

    It really is that simple.
    (¯`·._.·[ The Truth of the Draconic Prophecy will be revealed in time. ]·._.·´¯)

  8. #248
    The Hatchery Tiseria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    197

    Default

    This thread still sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Roses are red; violets are blue.
    You grinded a tome, and I bought two!

  9. #249
    Community Member HatsuharuZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Wouldnt need to. Never have before on an arcane.
    If true, that's very impressive. O.O

    I do chug mem pots sometimes, but when I do feel embarassed. Doing a life as a wizard taught me alot about mana consumption and when to use metamagic. Learning the hard way FTW!

    /signed to the OP's suggestion. Mem pots are a bit of an easy button. Combine a stack of mem pots, a warforged sorcerer and a maximized jump score, and you get the easy button of DDO.

  10. #250
    The Hatchery Tiseria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Having a first life water sav, at times find pots are very useful and at times needed because I have not elevated, nor do I care if I do or not, this toon to ultraleet WF supernerd whatever the **** status. I play for the fun of it. And if I need a pot or two I don't want any **** ing timers involved. More so if I need more than one pot on my bard in a quest and the rest of the party is failing 99% of the time I am the last one alive and on my way out via a tele scroll.

    And this thread still sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Roses are red; violets are blue.
    You grinded a tome, and I bought two!

  11. #251
    Community Member KillEveryone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Umpa Lumpa Land
    Posts
    3,684

    Default

    I've used pots.

    I've used them when I've gotten a little carried away with my spells. Sometimes I liked to get spell happy. I'm having some fun. It can help after a hard day at work and I just want to blow every thing up that I see because I cannot to that to anyone that I have had to deal with all day.

    I've used them when learning something new and kind of blew my sp a bit faster than I should have. I use them most when learning new stuff.

    I've used them when something just went wrong and we were most of the way through a raid. Abbot mostly but a few others. I dislike having to do a second beat down though and would much rather reform. I disliked being in that party when the leader decided that we would do a second beat down. I much prefer a reform and try again.

    I can play conservatively, more so after I've learned the content but sometimes I do like to have a little bit more fun and may blow a pot just playing around.

    I do like to get through without pot usage but I don't care if someone wants to drink one or not. It is their choice and sometimes people like to have a little bit of fun.

    Frankly dude, I don't think you really belong here anymore and it is time you found a different game to play. You are not having any fun it seems and you want to limit other players fun also.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

  12. #252
    Community Member pHo3nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    That sounds great. You can't drink 1 pot. Good luck.
    Do you need pots to lvl a caster to 20? :O

    Stupid me, thinking that there are enough methods in game to refill sp without going p2w..but all those methods are limited in some way or got some opportunity cost.
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

  13. #253
    2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,643

    Default

    /not signed.

    If I need ( when I need ) to quaff a mana pot I usually need to drink a several in a row as it means the situation went to hell and I'll have to spam heal fast enough to keep the party alive. In those situations I can't afford to break the healage sequencing because I lack mana...
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

  14. #254
    The Hatchery vVvAiaynAvVv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,582

    Default

    You guys do realize the longer this thread gets the more likely it is they will actually make a change to what is being discussed here.....so can we all just shut up now plz

    Scratt for president!!!!

  15. #255
    Community Member pHo3nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Edit: I find it nigh impossible to believe that, unless you either have no SP pots or no arcane, you would never use SP pots on an arcane. Pugging a lot (which I find tremendously fun, as you really never know what will happen), I tend to use SP pots every now and then just to give that little extra bump to make a "boss at 1% health" fail into a "victory", or similar close calls. Granted, while soloing I can take my time and not need to use potions (though I'm usually too impatient for that if I'm doing something like soloing epics pre-u14), but if you're grouping with anyone else, you're extremely likely to needing to pot on occasion, even if it's a very rare occasion. As a side-note, leveling speed on an arcane compared to a melee has to do with two simple things: AoE damage, and haste. I guarantee an arcane will level faster than a melee for 95% of people, but that's because haste and AoE damage lets you run to only the fights you need to do, and get them done quickly (I don't count invis, as it comes in clickies).
    The OP is asking for a cd on the sp pots, not for their removal, so if you only use 1 every now and then the change wouldn't affect you.

    It would only affect those without the skill to manage their sp or those that want to buy their completion.

    I got a sorcerer, i got a fvs, i got stacks of major, i never use them and i usually pugs. It's pretty simple really: the group is up for the challenge, you don't need the extra SP; the group sucks, you don't deserve to complete the quest, try again with better equipment/skills/tactics.
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

  16. #256
    Community Member fmalfeas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    891

    Default

    You know, people talk about how you should get a Torc instead. I've never seen one drop. I know people who've tried for over a year to get a Torc and failed.

    It's like saying you should just get a Ring of Spell Storing.

    You should not be required to ransack a chest every week for a year in order to play your class. Screw that.

  17. #257
    Community Member Xezrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    348

    Default

    I said signed before, I say it again /signed

    I know a lot of players say arcanes are imbalanced but they are not, however sp pots DO make them imbalanced, I think casters are on par with or even somewhat weaker than melees (at end game), however when you have access to unlimited SP then they are an easy button.

    This is coming from a WF Sorc main.

    If you don't put a limit to sp pot usage, then we should really give melees heal pots to even out the classes... one or the other.

    Btw torc etc. doesn't really make that much of a difference at EE when the damage you receive easily outweighs the SP you get back, however SP pots ARE a cheap easy button.

    Also the way I see it is arcanes are supposed to have superior power but be limited by sp and melees are supposed to have less power but have durability (I.e ability to attack without being limited by SP). Unfortunately the game has made melees damage output as good as arcanes, and with unlimited SP pots (which not everyone has access to) arcanes can attack for as long as melees. I think arcane damage output should be increased but sp pot usage should be limited.
    Last edited by Xezrak; 11-17-2012 at 04:17 AM.
    "Focus on Adventure Not Grind"

  18. #258
    Community Member pHo3nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xezrak View Post
    I said signed before, I say it again /signed

    I know a lot of players say arcanes are imbalanced but they are not, however sp pots DO make them imbalanced, I think casters are on par with or even somewhat weaker than melees (at end game), however when you have access to unlimited SP then they are an easy button.

    This is coming from a WF Sorc main.

    If you don't put a limit to sp pot usage, then we should really give melees heal pots to even out the classes... one or the other.

    Btw torc etc. doesn't really make that much of a difference at EE when the damage you receive easily outweighs the SP you get back, however SP pots ARE a cheap easy button.

    Also the way I see it is arcanes are supposed to have superior power but be limited by sp and melees are supposed to have less power but have durability (I.e ability to attack without being limited by SP). Unfortunately the game has made melees damage output as good as arcanes, and with unlimited SP pots (which not everyone has access to) arcanes can attack for as long as melees. I think arcane damage output should be increased but sp pot usage should be limited.
    Yep, in EE you can Torc archers, other mobs hit for so much damage that the sp/dmg taken is so low it's not even worth trying (talking about actively torcing mobs, not about getting hit now and then and getting some sp back).
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

  19. #259
    Community Member Xezrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post
    Yep, in EE you can Torc archers, other mobs hit for so much damage that the sp/dmg taken is so low it's not even worth trying (talking about actively torcing mobs, not about getting hit now and then and getting some sp back).
    Hmm maybe I was doing something wrong, I tried torcing with archers (I also have conc-op) and I was barely regaining any sp, not sure how long it takes you to fill up the sp bar on epic elite archers? Although just scrolling up I agree completely that 1-20 is really easy with a torc.

    Edit: Either way I think we both agree on the point the OP is making, SP pots should be on a timer or max 1 per quest etc.
    "Focus on Adventure Not Grind"

  20. #260
    Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Agree with the majority here, don't drink pots yourself or don't pug where pots will be quaffed. Instead of forcing your silly little despot tactics on everyone

    Gawd, time for these type of people to leave the game instead of making all these "time for my way or I'll hissy fit" threads ........

Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload