Default Pillar chest in new Swamp quest.....

I have done this quest probably 6 times now. at the end, I spy a chest on top of one of the pillars. I also see mirrors at the bases of some of the pillars and think to myself....self are these just here for looks? I doubt it. So, my question is, has anyone been able to figure out what the mirrors do or how to get to the chest up top. I tried to fight the medussa standing in front of the mirror to see if that would do anything, but nothing happened. Also, after completing the quest, I searched the entire room trying to find a way to knock a pillar down, or jump up to one or find something that could be manipulated in the room to reach the chest. No luck. Anyone smarter than me willing to pass along the secret?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

ty for the response. I was able to get that chest now on my fvs, but i can't believe it is how you are supposed toget that chest. Are we now putting chests in quests that only a couple character's can regularly get? I doubt it. something is either bugged, incomplete, or not working porperly. Or maybe they were going to do something and ran out of time, so just left as is for now....but can't believe they are making chests that are for only fvs, monk or a one time per 10 min boot wearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfe View Post
    ty for the response. I was able to get that chest now on my fvs, but i can't believe it is how you are supposed toget that chest. Are we now putting chests in quests that only a couple character's can regularly get? I doubt it. something is either bugged, incomplete, or not working porperly. Or maybe they were going to do something and ran out of time, so just left as is for now....but can't believe they are making chests that are for only fvs, monk or a one time per 10 min boot wearer.
    add Druid Winter Wolf and level 3 Exalted Angel to your list. And yes, it is intended.
    Epic Destiny Planner - http://ddodestiny.info
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfe View Post
    There's a post over in the lamannia forums that seems to indicate this is WAI

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Thank you for the info!

As for #3: I believe you have to use Leap of Faith or Abundant Step.

well, that seems really silly to me....but I also don't really care very much. Out of principle only, I would add this: I can't understand any chest being purposely put in a spot that only a few characters can hope to get. Making a chest "locked" is a viable option. You either bright rog skills or buy a bell. Another option would be to make it where you have to do something in order for the chest to be reached. That adds a twist I could back. For example, making the medussa look into the mirror which triggers something that makes the pillar fall. or tricking her into stoning one of her minions so you can jump on its back to get to chest. Something where everyone has a chance if anyone in the quest succeeds. Do we really want to say make one of these 3 types or no soup for you?