Angry Screwed to the wall

So after 3 hours in "The Chain of Flames" the General becomes embebbed in a wall and is unable to be damaged rendering the quest unfinishable. Leaving in frustration, I then submit an in-game help ticket only to be told that I should have stayed in the dungeon and that since I didn't that I'm screwed. So I spent my night off wasting my time and money (I had to buy a Spirit Cake from DDO Store = 300TP wasted). The day before I ended up getting knocked into a locked area by the General Manager in the "Bargain of Blood" and was lucky enough to be released by a guild member.
    Seems to me that new content is a great thing but it looks like it will be a waste of my time and money to continue to play a game that consistently puts me in situations where I cannot finish Quests and the only reply form DDo is too bad sucker. Be sure that when it comes time to renew my subscription I will be looking for a new MMORPG to give my money to!
    ************************************************** ************************************************** **********************
    Thanks to everyone who commented on this post.
    First I would like to say that I am a fan of D&D and have been since it first came out (I still have my copy of the 1st Players Handbook and Dungeon Masters Guide) and was thrilled when I discovered DDO. The game is great as far as being faithful to the spirit of D&D. (Applause to the Devs)
    My only issues are with the game engine itself. I understand that leaving the dungeon was a poor decision but there should be a warning when you submit a ticket to "Please stay where you are until a GM contacts you". It was my first ticket submission and I didn't know and got tired of waiting. Everything was dead and I still got an Orb of the Efreet that is useless since I didn't get flagged as "finishing" the Quest.
    Second, since I started playing DDO(May'12,VIP since July) I have seen more and more bugs and glitches with each succeding Update. While it is great that we are getting wonderful new content it is unfoutunate that the gameplay should suffer.Since the original post I have had this happen again and again, sometimes to monsters sometimes to PCs. Also recently I have had to abandon quests because of some wierd time lag effect (jumping back or forward several yards) At this point the problems are becoming such that it is making unplayable and I am hesitant to even start a quest. I am hoping that these issues will be resolved quickly and I can get back to playing the game without fear of glitches and bugs ruining the game.
    Third, what does it cost Turbine to reimburse me the TP I spent trying to finish that dungeon. I spent half of my monthly TP and my girlfriend also spent hers. This is like pouring salt on a wound. Come on man!
    Finally, I'm waiting to see if this stuff gets fixed in a timely manner, if so its back to playing, if not I may just take Alaunra2010 up on her offer. lol.
    Last edited by starhawk_6699; 12-04-2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Update

Leaving in frustration, I then submit an in-game help ticket only to be told that I should have stayed in the dungeon and that since I didn't that I'm screwed.
    This was kind of obvious. How can they help you when you bailed on the quest?

Dear starhawk_6699,

I am sorry to read that you had such a terrible time and have felt under-served by DDO Customer Support. Would you please consider this contract below:

AGREEMENT ON ASSET TRANSFER

This Agreement (hereinafter referred to as this "Agreement") is entered into by
    and between Alaunra2010 (hereinafter referred to as "Transferee") and
    starhawk_6699 (hereinafter referred to as "Transferor") in connection with
    the transfer of in-game DDO assets owned by Turbine and held by Transferor
    from Transferor to Transferee.

ARTICLE 1 [OBJECT OF TRANSFER]
    The assets being transferred (hereinafter referred to as "the Transfer Assets")
    are set forth in "Transfer Assets Schedule (Annex 1)" and "Computational Basis
    for Asset Sale (Annex 2)".

ARTICLE 2 [PRICE AND PAYMENT TIME]
    In consideration of the Transfer Assets, Transferee shall pay to Transferor all
    in-game DDO assets within 30 days from the date of this Agreement.
    Transferor shall transfer the Transfer Assets to Transferee upon receipt of the
    balance payment, at which time the Transfer shall be deemed as having been
    completed.

ARTICLE 3 [TRANSFEROR'S WARRANTIES]
    1. At the time of the transfer of the Transfer Assets, Transferor shall transfer
    to Transferee all the guaranties and service-related documents issued by the
    manufacturers and service providers in respect of the Transfer Assets.
    2. Until the time of transfer set forth in Article 4, Transferor shall be
    obligated to preserve, with equal care given to its own assets, the Transfer
    Assets in the same condition as inspected by Transferee.

ARTICLE 4 [DELIVERY TIME OF THE TRANSFER ASSETS]
    Transferor shall deliver the Transfer Assets via Orien Post on the date of the
    balance payment. Any related costs of transfer shall be borne by Transferee.

ARTICLE 5 [LIABILITY FOR THE TRANSFER ASSETS]
    Both parties hereby agree that Transferor shall be liable for any defects in the
    Transfer Assets arising before the transfer and Transferee shall be liable for
    any such defects arising after the transfer.

ARTICLE 6 [PENALTIES FOR DELAY]
    In the case of delay in payment or transfer of the assets, the party at fault
    shall pay the other party an amount equal to 1pp per each day of delay.

ARTICLE 7 [TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT AND LIQUIDATED DAMAGES]
    1. This Agreement may be terminated by mutual consent of the parties or upon a
    unilateral breach of contract.
    2. If the value of the Transfer Assets substantially falls as a result of a
    defect therein caused by intentional misconduct or gross negligence by
    Transferor prior to the transfer, Transferee has the right to seek cure from
    Transferor, and if there is no cure within 7 days of demand therefor, Transferee
    may terminate this Agreement.
    3. Either party may terminate this agreement if, without the fault of such
    party, the other party does not perform, or delays in performing, its
    obligations hereunder and there is no cure within 7 days of demand therefor.
    However, if Transferor is at fault, Transferor shall indemnify Transferee by an
    amount equal to two times the initial sum, and if Transferee is at fault,
    Transferor may keep the initial sum.

ARTICLE 8 [AMENDMENT]
    This Agreement may be amended in part or in whole by mutual written consent, and
    such amendment shall be effective from the day immediately following the date of
    amendment.

ARTICLE 9 [CONFIDENTIALITY]
    1. Neither party shall disclose to a third party any technical information,
    business secrets or other information received or obtained from the other party
    or a third party in connection with this Agreement without the other party's
    written consent.
    2. The preceding clause shall survive the cancellation or termination of this
    Agreement, except where the other party's prior consent is obtained for internal
    use in connection with asset revaluation or for other purposes.

ARTICLE 10 [INDEMNIFICATION]
    In the event that either party inflicts harm on the other party due to
    intentional misconduct, negligence, planar flux, falling rocks, biodegradable
    Twinkies, or breach of the ordinary standard of care, such party shall indemnify
    such other party and any third party at such party's own costs and expenses.

ARTICLE 11 [NOTICE REQUIREMENT]
    Each party shall promptly notify the other party of any change or potential
    change in its character name, class, server, industry and other
    material information known to such party at the time of this Agreement.

ARTICLE 12 [MISCELLANEOUS]
    Matters not stipulated in this Agreement or disagreements as to the
    interpretation of this Agreement shall as a matter of principle be decided
    amicably between the parties, provided that disputes relating to this Agreement
    shall be adjudicated by the Seoul District Court.

For the purpose of strict compliance with the terms above, the parties hereto
    shall make two copies of the Agreement, which they shall sign and seal, and each
    party shall keep one of such copies.

Annexes attached in triplicate on another page.

........Thanks!

--Alaunra

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    This is a pretty weak excuse, honestly. They can say "oh, here's blah blah XP" and hit the button. Not as good as an actual completion, doesn't directly address the frustration of waiting around indefinitely, but it's something they can do.

They can. They won't.

I remember one of the devs a long time ago saying: I dont recall playing P&P where anyone ever said "I glitch myself up on the wall where I can attaxk freely but the monster cant get to me" to a DM.

Yeah well I bet the DM never said "the monster glitches itself inside the wall where you cant attack it preventing completion of the module and receiving any type of compensation from the quest giver" either.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    This is a pretty weak excuse, honestly. They can say "oh, here's blah blah XP" and hit the button. Not as good as an actual completion, doesn't directly address the frustration of waiting around indefinitely, but it's something they can do.

They can. They won't.
    Cool. So I go into a quest, decide it's too difficult/long/didn't bring the right equipment/etc., recall out and tell a DM it was bugged and to give me XP.

Maybe they can, maybe they can't. But I'm pretty sure why they won't.

To the OP - sorry your quest bugged on you. Hope it goes better next time. Stay in next time - I've only ever had to file one help ticket, but it was answered quickly and the DM fixed the problem promptly.
    Last edited by katana_one; 11-16-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    You are responsible for your own DDO experience.

Yup just stay in, you already spent 3 hours in the quest so what's a few minutes?

We had this happen in an EH Von 3 we were at the last shrine but the door to the mini bosses weren't opening so we sent a ticket, a few seconds later he replied and said he will open the door so be ready to fight and *poof* it happened.
    Clashing (Healing Spellsinger Bard), Faerwynd (lvl 20 Caster Cleric), Cocus (lvl 20 Palemaster Wizard), Grougal (Wolf/Healing Druid)

Member of Captain's Crew - Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I remember one of the devs a long time ago saying: I dont recall playing P&P where anyone ever said "I glitch myself up on the wall where I can attaxk freely but the monster cant get to me" to a DM.

Yeah well I bet the DM never said "the monster glitches itself inside the wall where you cant attack it preventing completion of the module and receiving any type of compensation from the quest giver" either.
    First of all, please link that if you can find it.

Second, you've been going dark side as the days progress. I'm loving it

Third, I totally went light side yesterday, trying to defend the devs/Feather only to get myself an warning from the mods :P

So I wonder why anyone would ever waste time defending DDO. Is that how you've felt this whole time? If so, I'm surprised it took you this long to turn!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alaunra2010 View Post
    Dear starhawk_6699,

........Thanks!

--Alaunra
    If this is what I think it is, it's the most brilliant one ever.

Question: How long have you been preparing this, and why did you use it on this dude? I mean, I'd have waited for a more prominent forumite to ragequit before I posted this. Maybe Chai. See my above post. He's getting there (Kidding, of course, I hope)

Either way though, awesome!

Community Member

Finally, to the OP.

Don't rage quit yet, I believe that the hotfix today was to address this issue, it has been happening to everyone.

I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaunra2010 View Post
    Dear starhawk_6699,

I am sorry to read that you had such a terrible time and have felt under-served by DDO Customer Support. Would you please consider this contract below:

AGREEMENT ON ASSET TRANSFER

This Agreement (hereinafter referred to as this "Agreement") is entered into by
    and between Alaunra2010 (hereinafter referred to as "Transferee") and
    starhawk_6699 (hereinafter referred to as "Transferor") in connection with
    the transfer of in-game DDO assets owned by Turbine and held by Transferor
    from Transferor to Transferee.

ARTICLE 1 [OBJECT OF TRANSFER]
    The assets being transferred (hereinafter referred to as "the Transfer Assets")
    are set forth in "Transfer Assets Schedule (Annex 1)" and "Computational Basis
    for Asset Sale (Annex 2)".

ARTICLE 2 [PRICE AND PAYMENT TIME]
    In consideration of the Transfer Assets, Transferee shall pay to Transferor all
    in-game DDO assets within 30 days from the date of this Agreement.
    Transferor shall transfer the Transfer Assets to Transferee upon receipt of the
    balance payment, at which time the Transfer shall be deemed as having been
    completed.

ARTICLE 3 [TRANSFEROR'S WARRANTIES]
    1. At the time of the transfer of the Transfer Assets, Transferor shall transfer
    to Transferee all the guaranties and service-related documents issued by the
    manufacturers and service providers in respect of the Transfer Assets.
    2. Until the time of transfer set forth in Article 4, Transferor shall be
    obligated to preserve, with equal care given to its own assets, the Transfer
    Assets in the same condition as inspected by Transferee.

ARTICLE 4 [DELIVERY TIME OF THE TRANSFER ASSETS]
    Transferor shall deliver the Transfer Assets via Orien Post on the date of the
    balance payment. Any related costs of transfer shall be borne by Transferee.

ARTICLE 5 [LIABILITY FOR THE TRANSFER ASSETS]
    Both parties hereby agree that Transferor shall be liable for any defects in the
    Transfer Assets arising before the transfer and Transferee shall be liable for
    any such defects arising after the transfer.

ARTICLE 6 [PENALTIES FOR DELAY]
    In the case of delay in payment or transfer of the assets, the party at fault
    shall pay the other party an amount equal to 1pp per each day of delay.

ARTICLE 7 [TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT AND LIQUIDATED DAMAGES]
    1. This Agreement may be terminated by mutual consent of the parties or upon a
    unilateral breach of contract.
    2. If the value of the Transfer Assets substantially falls as a result of a
    defect therein caused by intentional misconduct or gross negligence by
    Transferor prior to the transfer, Transferee has the right to seek cure from
    Transferor, and if there is no cure within 7 days of demand therefor, Transferee
    may terminate this Agreement.
    3. Either party may terminate this agreement if, without the fault of such
    party, the other party does not perform, or delays in performing, its
    obligations hereunder and there is no cure within 7 days of demand therefor.
    However, if Transferor is at fault, Transferor shall indemnify Transferee by an
    amount equal to two times the initial sum, and if Transferee is at fault,
    Transferor may keep the initial sum.

ARTICLE 8 [AMENDMENT]
    This Agreement may be amended in part or in whole by mutual written consent, and
    such amendment shall be effective from the day immediately following the date of
    amendment.

ARTICLE 9 [CONFIDENTIALITY]
    1. Neither party shall disclose to a third party any technical information,
    business secrets or other information received or obtained from the other party
    or a third party in connection with this Agreement without the other party's
    written consent.
    2. The preceding clause shall survive the cancellation or termination of this
    Agreement, except where the other party's prior consent is obtained for internal
    use in connection with asset revaluation or for other purposes.

ARTICLE 10 [INDEMNIFICATION]
    In the event that either party inflicts harm on the other party due to
    intentional misconduct, negligence, planar flux, falling rocks, biodegradable
    Twinkies, or breach of the ordinary standard of care, such party shall indemnify
    such other party and any third party at such party's own costs and expenses.

ARTICLE 11 [NOTICE REQUIREMENT]
    Each party shall promptly notify the other party of any change or potential
    change in its character name, class, server, industry and other
    material information known to such party at the time of this Agreement.

ARTICLE 12 [MISCELLANEOUS]
    Matters not stipulated in this Agreement or disagreements as to the
    interpretation of this Agreement shall as a matter of principle be decided
    amicably between the parties, provided that disputes relating to this Agreement
    shall be adjudicated by the Seoul District Court.

For the purpose of strict compliance with the terms above, the parties hereto
    shall make two copies of the Agreement, which they shall sign and seal, and each
    party shall keep one of such copies.

Annexes attached in triplicate on another page.

........Thanks!

--Alaunra
    tl;dr - I can haz your stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by countfitz View Post
    If this is what I think it is, it's the most brilliant one ever.

Question: How long have you been preparing this, and why did you use it on this dude? I mean, I'd have waited for a more prominent forumite to ragequit before I posted this. Maybe Chai. See my above post. He's getting there (Kidding, of course, I hope)

Either way though, awesome!
    Well... I couldn't ask Chai for his stuff. Though I might ask him for some more of that really nice tea they named after him.

I don't mean to belittle or demean starhawk_6699 or dismiss his frustration, for that matter. I'm very frustrated with the game too. To be honest, I read Starhawk's complaint and was pretty sympathetic, then scrolled down to see who was going to drop the 'i can haz' bomb. It was amazing to see that no one else had put in this response, despite its practically-obligatory nature, so I thought it might be nice to at least get creative with it. It didn't take very long really. Maybe 15 minutes. I just Googled "asset transfer contract example" and picked the one that would be easiest to convert into a Mad Lib. There were a few on the first page of results that were really gnarly, but a particular one was non-specific enough to read through and tweak pretty quickly.

And to starhawk_6699: I think we're all hopeful that these things will be fixed soon... and yeah: the quality seems to be going downhill and getting really frustrating. We can only take so much before we have to move on.

Last time I had a stuck enemy, we waited an hour for the DM to tell us that he can't do anything and to restart the quest.

Yeah - TR leveling last night and 3 quests in a row were not able to be completed due to myself or mobs merging with a wall.

As a decent customer to turbine I can say that I/we put up with a fair bit of **** here and there.....but this in my opinion has rendered the game currently not worth my time and most certainly not worth my money.

fix it please

ZENOSIS - 7th life monk // ZCYTHER - 8th life fvs // ZSEPHIROTH - 3rd life barb // ZERAPHIA - 4rd life sorc // VAJAZZLED - 2nd life fvs/monk // GEOSTIGMA - 1st life wiz // ZCYBLAST - 1st life sorc // ALTISSIMO - 1st life bard

Quote Originally Posted by katana_one View Post
    Cool. So I go into a quest, decide it's too difficult/long/didn't bring the right equipment/etc., recall out and tell a DM it was bugged and to give me XP.

Maybe they can, maybe they can't. But I'm pretty sure why they won't.
    If you are honestly worried that people are going to wait half an hour submitting a ticket rather than just doing the quest, I don't know what to tell you.