Default Master Artificer and Tier 1 crafting ingredients

I have an alchemical weapon blank from the Master Artificer raid and would like to upgrade it. Currently, I am looking for ingredients to do the Tier 1 upgrade. Someone told me that I should only run the Master Artificer and Lord of Blades raids on Heroic Normal, since Epic Normal will not give very many of the Tier 1 ingredients. Can someone confirm or deny this?
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

Yes Tier 1 fragments drop during Heroic Normal for those quests, other components like Spirits can drop in any difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    Yes Tier 1 fragments drop during Heroic Normal for those quests, other components like Spirits can drop in any difficulty.
    But do the Tier 1 ingredients drop infrequently in the Epic Normal? I am trying to figure out if it is worth doing Epic Normal (for more XP) or sticking to Heroic Normal (for the maximum number of ingredients I need right now).

2016 DDO Players Council RD2play's Avatar

I would try to farm the spirits you need first, they are the hardest to get. then by the time you have them you might be a few heroics away from completing your binding shard

The question remains unanswered: From the standpoint of getting the Tier 1 ingredients, is Heroic Normal or Epic Normal better?

I'll begin by saying that I run both of these raids twice a week and have done so for the better part of three months. As far as tier 1 fragments go, in Lord of Blades you will only receive these on the Heroic Normal difficulty, and not on any other. If you would like tier 2 fragments, these can be received on either Heroic Hard or Epic Normal for the best drops and tier 3 for everything else. As for the spirits, their drop rate is a tad different in Lord of Blades. Tier 1 and tier 2 spirits both drop inside Heroic Normal, and tier 3 definitely drops with the highest frequency inside Epic Normal. Beyond that you'll have to do your own research, but I hope this helps!
    Keep on rollin'.