Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Break everything

Was running A Stay at the Inn tonight and broke a barrel in the basement before end fight and out dropped a unbound +4 wisdom tome. I broke the barrel and then told everyone to come over and check it out a couple of them have the screen shots. I decided the best thing to do was have the whole party roll a d69 I ended up winning the roll and picked up the tome. So I would suggest everyone go ahead and break everything in sight I have picked up several mana pots and some pretty nice gear a +6 dynamo greataxe of superior bloodletting as well.
    Lag it's what for dinner!

Community Member

Default wow

what diff were you running?

Quote Originally Posted by muncholuncho View Post
    Was running A Stay at the Inn tonight and broke a barrel in the basement before end fight and out dropped a unbound +4 wisdom tome. I broke the barrel and then told everyone to come over and check it out a couple of them have the screen shots. I decided the best thing to do was have the whole party roll a d69 I ended up winning the roll and picked up the tome. So I would suggest everyone go ahead and break everything in sight I have picked up several mana pots and some pretty nice gear a +6 dynamo greataxe of superior bloodletting as well.
    RTFM on Khyber

Community Member

+4 unbound Con scroll dropped from a random encounter chest on the High Road. The "help Dia determine what she has" random.

Community Member

Wow... both of these claims are hard to believe.. i guess +4 tomes are going to be commonplace soon enough. Can we get the screen shot you mentioned?

Well, since loot gems and chest blessing doesn't work on breakables, we should only see +4's from breakables while server loot bonuses are running. When they add level 25 quests, we shall start seeing them again when running on Epic Elite.

I believe you, but I am most interested in seeing a screenshot of the tome from the breakable. And gratz on your good luck!

link those screenies please

Were were running EE I believe I will hunt down one of the guys I was running with and get him to post up the screenie sometime today. I think they were guildmates of Tescha's because not long after I picked it up I got a tell from Tescha offering to buy it from me. I was running on my rogue/fighter Feelinu. I would have SS myself but for some reason when I try to get a ss it never works heh.
    Last edited by muncholuncho; 11-16-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Breakables are indeed dropping all sorts of good stuff, to include good vendor trash to sell.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Given that the first one (maybe 2) of the marks of finding work on breakables... guess loot lovers may be using that a lot more now.

*decides to go double check that first mark* Drops on exit of quest? bleh!
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 11-16-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    link those screenies please
    Someone already did but in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sugrcain View Post

wow....I give it til the end of the weekend and there'll be a post somewhere with someone on the rage about the gimp in the party ninja looting a crate tome.

I thought the game mechanics had progressed to avoid such controversies.

ZENOSIS - 7th life monk // ZCYTHER - 8th life fvs // ZSEPHIROTH - 3rd life barb // ZERAPHIA - 4rd life sorc // VAJAZZLED - 2nd life fvs/monk // GEOSTIGMA - 1st life wiz // ZCYBLAST - 1st life sorc // ALTISSIMO - 1st life bard

That is teh Awesome!

I don't care that this creates a potential for loot fights. Group with cool people. If you pug, take the good with the bad(get to that breakable quicker ) I'd rather have potentially better drops than going back to CLW drops.

I find it amazing that there were no spontaneous knives in a few backs, especially considering there were two rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    I find it amazing that there were no spontaneous knives in a few backs, especially considering there were two rogues.
    Nah, that's chaotic stupid. Chaotic smart is using the party to grind out more first.
    Last edited by Scraap; 11-16-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Someone already did but in another thread.
    Wow. +1 for the pic and amazing to see a group of players stand around with nobody ninja'ing. Good to see maturity.

Well it sounded like a run of people who were working together, not a random pug so that is not too surprising. Also look at the party composition, not one of them has a primary need for Wisdom as a main class component. Obviously +4Wis can help any character to some degree.
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    Well it sounded like a run of people who were working together, not a random pug so that is not too surprising. Also look at the party composition, not one of them has a primary need for Wisdom as a main class component. Obviously +4Wis can help any character to some degree.
    there's a fvs in party, Wisdom is the stat used to determine their casting dc's.

hell it's even the fvs' screen shot, look at his spells... he's obviously not a dumped wisdom build.

There were a few guildmates in the group but I was pug pick up. Was a good group though everyone did thier job and nobody screwed off. I wish all pugs worked as well together.

Community Member

Well there was a FvS in the group yes, but that particular one in the screenshot would either need a +5 tome or enhancement respeccing that I would probably never get around too. I've been meaning to rework that characters gear for almost a month now but can't seem to get motivated enough to do it even with the loot sitting in his bank. I know at least 3 of others standing around have divines and it's probably a safe bet those 3 like their divines more than I care for mine. Probably a good chance the other two guys in group have one too, and even if they didn't I'm sure they could find some kind of use for an unbound +4 tome. I'm really more of melee guy, that FvS only exists because I do like to play the whole game so I wanted something more productive to do that farm loot I would never use while chasing raids with my melees and thought I should be probably make some kind of healer cause it's a little greedy only running melees. Now if I was more into my evoker FvS, I would have still been cool with the roll off, as was everyone else in the group, but I may have showered the winner trade offers.

It's a nice improvement over the old breakables thats for sure. I suppose is open to some griefing, though assuming +4s are only an epic elite thing and a lot of the people who play EE run into each other with some frequency I'm willing to believe those rare times you might see one drop won't succomb to ninja looting. If not, it's just a game anyway.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by muncholuncho View Post
    Was running A Stay at the Inn tonight and broke a barrel in the basement before end fight and out dropped a unbound +4 wisdom tome...

Thanks for the tip. Props to you and your questies.
    Khyber Toons - Mrsquirrel (Fighter) Level 25 - Doprah (Wizard) Level 25 - Alkahen (Cleric) Level 22
    Khyber Guild - Squirrel Terrorist Faction (STF) - Guild Level 57 - Leader/Founder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast