Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DDO Bonus Days!

Quote Originally Posted by RoelHeeswijk View Post
    But does it stack with diploing and dancing the chest?
    Yes but multiplicatively, the way dodge and blur and incorporeal stack.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Right now I have some evidence that loot gems and chest blessing may not stack. Loot events and gems definitely do, however.

Edit: This comes from a level 23 quest (EH VON3) dropping a +3 tome with chestblessing and a +2 gem (level 27 loot which F_o_S implied would have only +4s or 4-to-5 upgrades)
    Well, either +2 loot gems are bugged right now, or you only get an ADDITIONAL chance for a +4 or +4-to-+5 tome methinks. I, too, had the luck of pulling a +3 wis tome from one of the end chests from the new chain on EH(lv 24+1) while running a +2 gem 2 days ago. If I am correct, that should have put me at lv27 loot table (lv25 quest, +2 loot gem), unless one or more of the end chests are lower than quest level. I don't remember which quest, but I do remember it was from an end chest, because it had me wondering about the loot table myself.

Also, I believe someone else pulled a +3 tome, and another person pulled a +3-to-+4 upgrade tome on the same run, but at least one of those was from an end reward, and I do not remember if the other one was from an end chect or an optional chest (which, if I remember correctly, are not necessarily always at the level of the quest?).

Oh, one more thing: doesn't chest blessing just add +1? I always thought it was +2, but I could swear one of the devs did a breakdown on how to get to lv31 loot, and he/she referred to chest blessing as only giving +1. IE: CITW EE=lv26, +2 loot gem, +2 loot bonus, +1 chest blesser=lv31 loot. Doesn't matter enough for me to search out the quote at the moment, but I swear I remember that exact breakdown(and why the tables go up to 31)...could be wrong.
    Last edited by Yazston_the_Invoker; 11-16-2012 at 10:07 AM.
    Yazston the Invoker, Nyyarlathotep, Thongo Stonesplitter, Stumpvvater Jack, Iaug Sothoth, Egostu Theman, Hastuur D'Rlyeh,
    Vehnison Deerslayer, Guendaril Kherras, Khaloss Meierson, Haestan Cloudreaver, Ygolonac
    Member of The Madborn

Quote Originally Posted by Yazston_the_Invoker View Post
    Well, either +2 loot gems are bugged right now, or you only get an ADDITIONAL chance for a +4 or +4-to-+5 tome methinks. I, too, had the luck of pulling a +3 wis tome from one of the end chests from the new chain on EH(lv 24+1) while running a +2 gem 2 days ago. If I am correct, that should have put me at lv27 loot table (lv25 quest, +2 loot gem), unless one or more of the end chests are lower than quest level. I don't remember which quest, but I do remember it was from an end chest, because it had me wondering about the loot table myself.

Also, I believe someone else pulled a +3 tome, and another person pulled a +3-to-+4 upgrade tome on the same run, but at least one of those was from an end reward, and I do not remember if the other one was from an end chect or an optional chest (which, if I remember correctly, are not necessarily always at the level of the quest?).

Oh, one more thing: doesn't chest blessing just add +1? I always thought it was +2, but I could swear one of the devs did a breakdown on how to get to lv31 loot, and he/she referred to chest blessing as only giving +1. IE: CITW EE=lv26, +2 loot gem, +2 loot bonus, +1 chest blesser=lv31 loot. Doesn't matter enough for me to search out the quote at the moment, but I swear I remember that exact breakdown(and why the tables go up to 31)...could be wrong.
    Yeah, strange thing...

Before the loot boost we had chest blesser and gems running and were pulling far better loot in the explorer zone of the new stuff (24+2+1(2 thought it was 1 but some say two for blesser) then yesterday with the loot bonus (with or without the chest blesser). It was still level 25 loot, but really junky stuff like vertigo +10 of banishing. That and the rare spawns seemed to pop almost not at all in comparison.

Meanwhile end rewards were not horrible. The people WITHOUT loot gems going seemed to be getting much better chest loot (few of us with and few of us without in party).

We were running the new pack. I have a feeling that the loot tables got messed up when the loot gem + loot boost is active in the higher level tables due to hundreds of chest pulls in party total that I observed.

Only tome pulled in party was from someone NOT running loot gem and they pulled it without the chest blesser so it was as expected from a level 26 chest +4 upgrade tome.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Does this effect breakables? It was never an issue before, so I dont know if it was asked.
    I've been getting pretty good stuff from breakables all week. I ran Catacombs and got a +2 Thaumaturgy staff of something-or-other, a +1 Saber of Dwarven Bane and some +2 light armor.

I also have picked up at least 3 other similar staffs, in the Depths in House D.

If the loot bonus affects breakables will we start seeing +4 stuff?
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12