Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by stefferweffer View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Now I need help applying this to my build.

Like I said I am 12/2 wiz/rogue. I have 32 Int right now at level 14, from a +3 tome, 2 from enhancements, 1 from Human whatever, and a +5 int item. I'm pretty sure that's all of it.

What is a reasonable maximum EVEN intelligence that I should be shooting for as 18 wiz/2 rog? I know at level 20 I will get 2 Int in Lich form, I wil 2 more Int from free stat increases at 16 and 20 I believe. Right now I have access (if I want it) to Wizard Intelligence 3, but I don't know if it goes higher than that at upper levels. Right now I can buy a +6 Int item if I wanted to, but I don't know how much higher the + stat items go.

So I know of 6 more Int available by level 20 right there. Is that pretty much going to be the highest I can go, or should I be shooting for another 2 or more Int somewhere else?

Thanks!
    Class enhancement bonus goes up to +3 that's all.

On items:
    enhancement bonuses go up to +8
    insightful bonuses go up to +3 and stack with the other types
    exceptional bonuses are +1 and stack with the other types
    An item called litany of the dead gives profane +1 bonus that stacks with the other types

Tomes go up to +5
    There is a guild buff that can add +2
    There are Yugoloth potions that give +2

Reasonable depends on what you have access to... adv. packs, plat and TP all come into play here. I would say bare minimum sustainable would be a +7 item and a +3 tome and +2 from guild buffs (even if you have to ask for invites) If you have The Shroud raid you can craft a +2 insightful/+1 exceptional int weapon too. If you have TP or a fortune in plat you can buy a +4 tome maybe.

Community Member

I've never heard of Insightful or Exceptional before. In the AH I just look for "Clever +" whatever. Do you mean that I need to also look at the type of Int boost it gives?

I don't know anything about those potions (this being my first character ever). How are those acquired, and how long do they last?

I've never heard of Insightful or Exceptional before. In the AH I just look for "Clever +" whatever. Do you mean that I need to also look at the type of Int boost it gives?

I don't know anything about those potions (this being my first character ever). How are those acquired, and how long do they last?
    Yes, Clever gives an enhancement bonus that stacks with character enhancements. There are other types of bonuses that stack on top of this, insightful and exceptional bonuses can be found on random loot but I don't know the minimum levels of the items having them, though i believe some are below 20. Otherwise you can craft a green steel weapon with +2 insightful / +1 exceptional int using Shroud ingredients after completing the raid enough times, or buying ingredients from the AH. That weapon will be minimum level 13 but you won't have it crafted until you reach 20 if it is your first life since it takes quite some time to gather all the ingredients.

Access to Yugoloth potions is granted as a favor reward (for completing pretty high level quests), these are the potions http://ddowiki.com/page/Yugoloth_Mercenary_Potions

Quote Originally Posted by moriedhel View Post
    Class enhancement bonus goes up to +3 that's all.

On items:
    enhancement bonuses go up to +8
    insightful bonuses go up to +3 and stack with the other types
    exceptional bonuses are +1 and stack with the other types
    An item called litany of the dead gives profane +1 bonus that stacks with the other types

Tomes go up to +5
    There is a guild buff that can add +2
    There are Yugoloth potions that give +2

Reasonable depends on what you have access to... adv. packs, plat and TP all come into play here. I would say bare minimum sustainable would be a +7 item and a +3 tome and +2 from guild buffs (even if you have to ask for invites) If you have The Shroud raid you can craft a +2 insightful/+1 exceptional int weapon too. If you have TP or a fortune in plat you can buy a +4 tome maybe.
    Also there are new items from the new pack that give +2 profane to str.
    Does litany stack with abishai set?

Thanks for the replies. Now I need help applying this to my build.

Like I said I am 12/2 wiz/rogue. I have 32 Int right now at level 14, from a +3 tome, 2 from enhancements, 1 from Human whatever, and a +5 int item. I'm pretty sure that's all of it.

What is a reasonable maximum EVEN intelligence that I should be shooting for as 18 wiz/2 rog? I know at level 20 I will get 2 Int in Lich form, I wil 2 more Int from free stat increases at 16 and 20 I believe. Right now I have access (if I want it) to Wizard Intelligence 3, but I don't know if it goes higher than that at upper levels. Right now I can buy a +6 Int item if I wanted to, but I don't know how much higher the + stat items go.

So I know of 6 more Int available by level 20 right there. Is that pretty much going to be the highest I can go, or should I be shooting for another 2 or more Int somewhere else?

Thanks!
    As a general rule(note general rule... so vets and char builders with experience may do otherwise): if your a wizard (and a wiz 18 rogue 2 is a wizard for this discussion) then your primary stat is INT. spend ALL your lvl up points here and start with maximum.

reasonable int score at 20 for a wiz 18/2 rogue.(pale master) - breakdown.
    assuming human.
    23 base (18 at start +5 lvl up)
    +6 item.
    +2 tome.
    +1 exceptional. (tod ring - or green steel)
    +2 insight. (tod ring or green steel)
    +2 lich form.
    +3 enhancements.
    total: 39.

extra stuff you can get by 25.
    +2 yugo pot.
    +2 - +6 -> +8 item.
    +1 - +2 insght -> +3 insight item.
    +6 magister, draconic or shadow dancer.
    +2... +2 tome to +4 tome.
    +1 lvl ups
    +2 feats(posibly there are beter feat choices for you)

sub total: +16.
    total:55.

Also dont forget there are other ways of increasing your DC's. Spell focus items, and feats.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigolbear View Post
    As a general rule(note general rule... so vets and char builders with experience may do otherwise): if your a wizard (and a wiz 18 rogue 2 is a wizard for this discussion) then your primary stat is INT. spend ALL your lvl up points here and start with maximum.

reasonable int score at 20 for a wiz 18/2 rogue.(pale master) - breakdown.
    assuming human.
    23 base (18 at start +5 lvl up)
    +6 item.
    +2 tome.
    +1 exceptional. (tod ring - or green steel)
    +2 insight. (tod ring or green steel)
    +2 lich form.
    +3 enhancements.
    total: 39.

extra stuff you can get by 25.
    +2 yugo pot.
    +2 - +6 -> +8 item.
    +1 - +2 insght -> +3 insight item.
    +6 magister, draconic or shadow dancer.
    +2... +2 tome to +4 tome.
    +1 lvl ups
    +2 feats(posibly there are beter feat choices for you)

sub total: +16.
    total:55.

Also dont forget there are other ways of increasing your DC's. Spell focus items, and feats.
    lvl ups should be +2, no? (level 21, level 24)

I'm late to the party but...

AD&D(i.e. 2nd Ed.) used odd and even numbers. (And I think original 1st Ed. Didn't get into D&D until late into 2nd Ed so not positive.)

3rd Ed. (and possibly 4th) got rid of odd numbers giving bonuses and made it easier on the DM and players to do it in their heads. But we will not talk about the monstrosity of 4th Ed. Hopefully 5th Ed. will go back to the roots of D&D and bring back storytelling and less dice rolling.

Honestly with DDO computer based, they could easily go to a 2nd Ed. rule set with odd/even numbers giving bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Hopefully 5th Ed. will go back to the roots of D&D and bring back storytelling and less dice rolling.
    So far 5e the stat bonuses are still there, as well as the carrying capacity per strenght point.

The dice rolling remains, but the need for adding up lots of bonuses diminishes.
    Lots of abilities/skills/feats/spells/etc. replace giving a small bonus with allowing you to roll again.
    This is called "having advantage", so you need not track lots of bonuses just know you are good at it.
    Mathematically it is about the same so nothing is really lost, it is meant to make your actions faster.

I believe 5e is trying to be a middle point, brings back some of the customization power lost in 4e but still wrapping in sets to be able to fast pick builds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12