2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Default Shadowmail Question

Does anyone know for certain whether or not Shadowmail can be found with resonance (i.e. sonic)? It doesn't appear to be that bad of an item for a bard but so far I have not seen a flavor that helps out with sonic spells.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironforge_Clan View Post
    Does anyone know for certain whether or not Shadowmail can be found with resonance (i.e. sonic)? It doesn't appear to be that bad of an item for a bard but so far I have not seen a flavor that helps out with sonic spells.
    I'm pretty sure that it can only come with Combustion (Fire), Corrosion (Acid), Glaciation (Ice), or Impulse (Force/Untyped) spell power, unfortunately. Sorry mate. Hope I'm wrong. I agree it could use some more versions, like Radiance (Light) would certainly be nice for divines, though I don't know if that would make sense considering its SHADOWmail haha. But anyway, there just aren't that many sonic spells, so bards seem to get shafted when it comes to new gear
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarrbrik View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it can only come with Combustion (Fire), Corrosion (Acid), Glaciation (Ice), or Impulse (Force/Untyped) spell power, unfortunately. Sorry mate. Hope I'm wrong. I agree it could use some more versions, like Radiance (Light) would certainly be nice for divines, though I don't know if that would make sense considering its SHADOWmail haha. But anyway, there just aren't that many sonic spells, so bards seem to get shafted when it comes to new gear
    Thanks for the reply. I was anticipating the answer would be no but since the items are rather new I was hoping we hadn't found all the flavors as of yet. Based on this I'm just going to presume the same logic exists for the Wizardwards as well.

I really wish the developers who create new items would look at all caster classes before they put this stuff into the game.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.