Community Member

Post Seal and Shard drop rates in Epic Quests and Epic Raids should be increased.

Players like me can't get their gear upgraded to epic any faster, trying to get the seals and shards for those items is slow. The epic scrolls are no problem, it's actually the seals and shards are the mats that are very hard to come by. Is there any chance that you could increase maybe a 50 to 90% chance for a seal and shard drop rate in Epic Quests and Epic Raids? It would be a lot easier, if there are high drop rates on the right seals and shards for all players of DDO.

Community Member

drop rates of those items are intentionally low, because at the time they were introduced they were THE end game tier items for people to strive for. Some, quite frankly, are still worth being end game tier. If they increased the drop rates so that people could get their items in just a few runs, then what would everyone do next week? I can partially agree with your request as I feel that something should be done to the system to either alleviate a small portion of the grind, or overhaul most ebberron epics so that they are actually worth the grind again. However, upping the drop rate on these items to 50-90% would be far to extreme. Personally, I am a fan of the trade-in idea being applicable to scrolls, shards, and seals, so that you could turn in 3 of one type from a chain for any 1 of that type you wanted. For example, trade in 3 phiarlan carnival seals to get any phiarlan carnival seal you want.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    drop rates of those items are intentionally low, because at the time they were introduced they were THE end game tier items for people to strive for. Some, quite frankly, are still worth being end game tier. If they increased the drop rates so that people could get their items in just a few runs, then what would everyone do next week? I can partially agree with your request as I feel that something should be done to the system to either alleviate a small portion of the grind, or overhaul most ebberron epics so that they are actually worth the grind again. However, upping the drop rate on these items to 50-90% would be far to extreme. Personally, I am a fan of the trade-in idea being applicable to scrolls, shards, and seals, so that you could turn in 3 of one type from a chain for any 1 of that type you wanted. For example, trade in 3 phiarlan carnival seals to get any phiarlan carnival seal you want.
    The main issue, IMO, is that it lacks determinism. There's no horizon to bad
    luck. The reason (again, IMO) that The Shroud remains popular is that the loot
    is good but, crucially, there is a high level of determinism. Each run generally
    gets you incrementally closer to your goal. With Seals and Shards, what you
    need could drop on your first run or still not have dropped on your 1000th.

I'm tired of seeing the conflation of 'work' and 'effort' and 'try harder' with
    plain old luck. I posted some ideas on how to improve this situation here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...44&postcount=2

Making Eberron Epic level quests more relevant also has the nice side effect of
    widening the pretty narrow endgame that currently exists.