Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dysmetria View Post
    General is full of threads about various "specific" things, and would have been a much better place to post this. A lot more people would read it and learn how to get to the chest there.

The quests and challenges forum would work too.
    sience i should follow the rulesthat strict, i wont post something specific in general.. and i dont think tht more ppl visit ''quests and challenges'' . that is up from 2007. this one is up 7-8 months n has more views in that time, comparing to 'quests and challenges''

i wont bother with this matter more though. gave more than enough attention already. if its wrongly posted, a dev can move it.

Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dysmetria View Post
    While Eveningstar and the quest to get to it, Beyond the Rift, were added to the game at the same time as the expansion, neither is actually a part of the expansion. People without VIP, the expansion, or the two newest adventure packs can still do the four free quests up thru Beyond The Rift and go to Eveningstar, they just won't be able to do any quests there until they buy the appropriate adventure packs or expansion, (except for the challenges which they can do with their free daily coins if they don't own them.)

My point was that this forum is for the discussion of the expansion, not for discussion of the two more recent adventure packs that were not part of that expansion. The thread would surely be read by more people who find it's info relevant if it were located in a more appropriate forum.
    Who cares where he posts it...its not at all innappropriate..why even take the time to correct him on here..if anything he was trying to be helpful...give the guy a break. You are not the forums police. He chose a place that seemed appropriate, I might have done the same. I dont find you arguing the details of why it doesnt belong here helpful either and would prefer not to see the nitpicky I know better than you additions you've added. +1 to the Op and to you I bid good day!
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

^^this.

Well said, Akira.
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

How many potions of wonder are in the chest?

Gedian Greymalkin R20/e5[SD5] H N | Erdric Aendricaes FV20/e3[EA4] E LN | Vollmer Itsu P20/e3[US5] H LG | Bale Traeger B20/e2[FS4] H N | ~Thurauk D'Soronath~ A20/e2[MR3] D CG

Community Member

I like the bear trap. It stops me sliding off when I do the first Mario jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    I like the bear trap. It stops me sliding off when I do the first Mario jump.

you really HAD to mention that.. now they will remove it!! haha!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nikos1313 View Post
    you really HAD to mention that.. now they will remove it!! haha!!
    I gotta think that was intentional :-) Maybe they will remove it on elite ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Why point 3 is not a platform, but instead just an unseen spot of graphics?
    I think that this image actually show the path that the devs intended, the 3 spot is a platform:

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

wow thanks I totally missed it first time thru.

Watch for a stuck spot between the small columns & the wall above the Medusa's alcove if you overshoot.
    On Argonessen, you may call me:
    Schpeik Nottingelse - Kriegge Adanedhel - Hildegar Brightblade
    Proud member of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre "Deus Lo Vult"

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    I gotta think that was intentional :-) Maybe they will remove it on elite ;-)
    I agree. You need to boost to make the jump and for many Toons that means Propulsion boots and thus once shot at the chest.

Putting the trap there makes sure that if they make the column they won't fall off it. After that you need to make a fairly normal jump to the chest and if you fall there, well they gave you a good shot at it.

I am kinda glad it's there but on EE, it's kinda painful.

we spent a long time in there trying to make the jump. Once our boots were on timer, none of could make it. I over shoot both times I tried with jets boots. Came up short every other time with haste, FF and 40+ jump.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Community Member

The one time I did this quest, I was of course not on one of my Monks nor on one of my characters with Cannith boots.

I was looking for another way up and actually found several spots along the perimeter walls where you could jump-climb, but none that were close enough to a pillar so as to be reachable without something beyond a Jump skill of 40+.

I did find something potentially interesting in the alcove where the boss chest is. If you look atop the alcove from the outside, it looks like a fanged mouth open wide enough for a character to jump through, and it is close enough to a platform for a non-specialty geared character to reach. Inside the alcove is a sort of 'chimney' that has what appears to be two ledges and a passage from the second ledge that exits it on the left side. I had no luck making it to the second ledge, but I don't think I tried all the possible jump points. No idea if I'm raising false hope here, but it might be worth checking out as an alternative to the known route.
    In an election, always vote for the candidate who likes big butts....because, you know, they cannot lie.

KCCO

Got to it last night on my FvS. My friend on his fighter with an rather high jump skill had no chance of making it. After a little bit, he gave up. Like mentioned before, there does seem to be an area with a large platform in the cliff side, and there are ledges in the side to jump up to it....but when you get to the ledge right below it, you hit your head when you jump so you can't get up there.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    Like mentioned before, there does seem to be an area with a large platform in the cliff side, and there are ledges in the side to jump up to it....but when you get to the ledge right below it, you hit your head when you jump so you can't get up there.
    So how do you get to the platform then, when you keep hitting that invisible ceiling?

Community Member

The ledges with the invisible ceiling near medusa's alcove are a decoy, they get you nowhere.

The steps below worked for me, this is the same solution that was posted a few posts back:
    - Jump to 1.
    - Jump to 2.
    - Move forward, jump and use Leap of Faith immediately to get to 3. Aim approximately where my reticle is aimed at in the second screenshot, bumping into the wall will change your trajectory and you will land on ledge #3.
    - Jump to 4.
    - Jump to 5.

What I used:
    - 40+ Jump
    - Feather Fall
    - Leap of Faith from the Exalted Angel ED.

I made the screenshots with the graphics set to low details to make the ledges distinguish themselves from the walls and I overexposed them so they don't look like they were taken during a solar eclipse.

Mjoll. CLAW. Thelanis.
    Quest maps: on the forums & on DDOWiki
    Item enchantments project: on the forums & on DDOWiki
    Monster information project: on the forums & on DDOWiki

Community Member

Neat, so you need a toon thats able to leap or have cannith boots?

If you dont qualify for these you re screwed?

I dont see this as being fair game, especially for cannith boot users as they get 1 chance in 10mins while others that can leap, can continually keep trying. Right?

Personally I dont care, but I m sure some people do... make it equally available to everybody, even those that dont have the Cannith pack.
    ~~~ R E V E N A N T S ~~~
    Ayspam Life #27/27(Completionist Sorc), Aycare Life #10/10(Evoker FvS), Ayplink Life #22/22(Completionist to be decided), Aygo Life #14/14(Helvesbarian)

Community Member

Add rangers and barbs to the list of classes that can get the chest. I ran the quest again and I was able to get from ledge 2 to ledge 3 by using sprint boost and jumping. Throw in a haste and it's even easier.

But I subscribe to the idea that this is bad quest design.
    Mjoll. CLAW. Thelanis.
    Quest maps: on the forums & on DDOWiki
    Item enchantments project: on the forums & on DDOWiki
    Monster information project: on the forums & on DDOWiki

Quote Originally Posted by ayspam View Post
    Neat, so you need a toon thats able to leap or have cannith boots?

If you dont qualify for these you re screwed?

I dont see this as being fair game, especially for cannith boot users as they get 1 chance in 10mins while others that can leap, can continually keep trying. Right?

Personally I dont care, but I m sure some people do... make it equally available to everybody, even those that dont have the Cannith pack.
    What about chests that require a lock picker, should these all be unlocked now? I think adding some chests that require certain class features is fine, as long as they don't do this for every chest. But currently the following can get the chest:

FVS
    Air savant
    Monk
    Anyone with boots of propulsion (luck or wait involved here)
    Anyone in Exalted angel level 4+
    Maybe, though haven't used it, Primal Avatar's backwards leap may work.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    What about chests that require a lock picker, should these all be unlocked now? I think adding some chests that require certain class features is fine, as long as they don't do this for every chest.
    the difference is as long as you have a lockpicker everyone can get the chest. Here only the people with the appropriate skill can get the chest while the rest of the group cannot. I think having a chest that is all or nothing is ok, having one that only some of the group can get is not.

If instead of the chest they put a lever in the same spot that then opened a secret room so everyone could get the chest I would be fine with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast