Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    the difference is as long as you have a lockpicker everyone can get the chest. Here only the people with the appropriate skill can get the chest while the rest of the group cannot. I think having a chest that is all or nothing is ok, having one that only some of the group can get is not.

If instead of the chest they put a lever in the same spot that then opened a secret room so everyone could get the chest I would be fine with it.
    Was able on my first try to reach this chest with only cannith boots of propulsion...its not really very difficult...because of this I didnt bother messing with any of the other spots that could possibly allow a character to reach it without any form of propulsion. AFAIk its just a chest ...no named drops (could be wrong here though havent sacked it or anything) I dont think having a chest up there like that is a bad thing. I mean if its a must have then bring a fvs or air savant, monk or any class with the exalted angel destiny or even draconic destiny active as I believe the fly by attack could also work here.
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Mjoll View Post
    The ledges with the invisible ceiling near medusa's alcove are a decoy, they get you nowhere.

The steps below worked for me, this is the same solution that was posted a few posts back:
    - Jump to 1.
    - Jump to 2.
    - Move forward, jump and use Leap of Faith immediately to get to 3. Aim approximately where my reticle is aimed at in the second screenshot, bumping into the wall will change your trajectory and you will land on ledge #3.
    - Jump to 4.
    - Jump to 5.

What I used:
    - 40+ Jump
    - Feather Fall
    - Leap of Faith from the Exalted Angel ED.

I made the screenshots with the graphics set to low details to make the ledges distinguish themselves from the walls and I overexposed them so they don't look like they were taken during a solar eclipse.

You do not need to jump to 3. On my FvS I was able to get spot 2, jump straight up and use my wings to get to 4 where the bear trap will either snag me or I go too far and fall off.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mjoll View Post
    The ledges with the invisible ceiling near medusa's alcove are a decoy, they get you nowhere.

The steps below worked for me, this is the same solution that was posted a few posts back:
    - Jump to 1.
    - Jump to 2.
    - Move forward, jump and use Leap of Faith immediately to get to 3. Aim approximately where my reticle is aimed at in the second screenshot, bumping into the wall will change your trajectory and you will land on ledge #3.
    - Jump to 4.
    - Jump to 5.

What I used:
    - 40+ Jump
    - Feather Fall
    - Leap of Faith from the Exalted Angel ED.
    Well, I was able to follow these directions to get to the extra chest on a Barbarian. Even though I was the Cannith Boots of Propulsion, I did not use the Jet Propulsion on it. I was able to jump from Ledge 2 to Ledge 3 by clicking on my Barbarian Sprint Boost I before jumping.

So the chest can be achieved without the Leap of Faith or Abundant Step or Cannith Boots on a Barbarian with Sprint Boost. Does this mean that it can be done with other classes with just a haste pot? I don't know just yet since I've not tried it on a toon with just jump, feather fall and haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    the difference is as long as you have a lockpicker everyone can get the chest. Here only the people with the appropriate skill can get the chest while the rest of the group cannot. I think having a chest that is all or nothing is ok, having one that only some of the group can get is not.

If instead of the chest they put a lever in the same spot that then opened a secret room so everyone could get the chest I would be fine with it.
    Replacing this chest with a lever was the first thing I thought when I heard about this chest. If the chest can only be gotten to by certain classes or builds, the chest should have one of two things happen to it. One, it should be turned into a lever to open an secret passage to a chest that everyone can access as Krelar stated. Two, the chest stays with the caveat that it can drop a BTC on Aquire named item that only the classes that can get to the chest can use, for example this chest a Monk or FvS item.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    What about chests that require a lock picker, should these all be unlocked now? I think adding some chests that require certain class features is fine, as long as they don't do this for every chest. But currently the following can get the chest:

FVS
    Air savant
    Monk
    Anyone with boots of propulsion (luck or wait involved here)
    Anyone in Exalted angel level 4+
    Maybe, though haven't used it, Primal Avatar's backwards leap may work.
    I have yet to make it, but the rest of my party could (had the wrong ED active). I dont have any issues with the dungeon design, everyone has options to allow them to make it. On top of the above there are sprint boosts, and the dragon flight from the draconic ED.

At the end of the day its a single chest (level 24-26) that takes 1-4 mins to get to, the reward for reaching it is more satisfaction than the loot. There are plently of other chests that are easier to get at that level (you could ransack the hidden chest in Deal with the Demon in the time it takes to have 2 attempts with boots of propulsion).

I'd be happy to see more of these little easter-eggs, afterall when was the last time a secret door fooled anyone?

Now if it dropped named loot I think it would be a different matter.

The only part that is bugging me about this chest is that it looks like there is an alternate path where you have to jump across several trapped pillars to get to the chest, but there is an invisible wall preventing you from trying to climb up in that area.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123