Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How to get the bonus chest on the pillar of ''Lost in the Swamp''

i found that out today, while i was 2 man it with guildy. the pics might not be the best, ill try to pont out the spots best as possible.

The 1st pic is this :
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...hot00019a.jpg/

go to NW corner. jump to point 1. turn your body to left and jump to popint 2. from point 2 u need to just jump a bit higher. just face the wall n jump higher. now from point 3 u need to use Leap of faith, monk step, cannith boots or anythin else. at that 1st pillar there will be a bear trap, 1 time trigger. once u set free just face the chest n jump to it. i used haste rage FF jump buffs to get there.

the 2nd pic is this:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ot00021ae.jpg/ from the chest pillar view. the points r same from previous pic.

i hope it helped!

I've done the quest once and apparently missed seeing that chest... Which room is it in, the final room?

oh well, forgot to mention that! yes, its last room. one chest is up the pillars. i saw that accidentally too.

The chest is in the final room.

The bear traps, I can personally attest to, are not one time trigger!
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    The chest is in the final room.

The bear traps, I can personally attest to, are not one time trigger!
    wierd, i surelly did many steps in that pillar be4 i decide to make the jump!! but, we dont relly care about the trap, dont we?! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by nikos1313 View Post
    i found that out today, while i was 2 man it with guildy. the pics might not be the best, ill try to pont out the spots best ....i hope it helped!
    Thanks. It is a fun place to put a chest.

Like the ne content a lot. Still loving the music track on the new pack.
    /Nancy

NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Oh good stuff. I was wondering how to get to that one
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Exclamation Problem...

We had found this way to get up, when we were doing this on Epic Elite. BUT. We hit an invisable ceiling. We could not get all the way to the top... is this a quest difficulty problem? or Did my quest bug out?
    Khyber Toons - Mrsquirrel (Fighter) Level 25 - Doprah (Wizard) Level 25 - Alkahen (Cleric) Level 22
    Khyber Guild - Squirrel Terrorist Faction (STF) - Guild Level 57 - Leader/Founder

Just got it to it yesterday and yeah the bear trap seems unnecessary. How many bears do they expect to catch up there? Lol its just there to be annoying :P still pretty easy once you know how though.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsquirrel View Post
    We had found this way to get up, when we were doing this on Epic Elite. BUT. We hit an invisable ceiling. We could not get all the way to the top... is this a quest difficulty problem? or Did my quest bug out?
    u r right. obviously i should have given a better desription. Point 3 is not a new platform like points 1 n 2. dont go looking for new ground level. just jump on the graphics.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsquirrel View Post
    You were at the West - go to the North West. Everything is kind of dark in there and one of my monitors is dying but you can kind of see where to jump if you go further North from there.

I used my one charge cannith boots of propulsion from there and overshot so I know it can be done from that point further North. Another party member with no leap or wings could do the jump though. We'd killed everything by that point - need to make some un-cleansed GS so someone can carry my stone
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Isn't Lost in the Swamp part of the new adventure pack and not the MOTU expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Dysmetria View Post
    Isn't Lost in the Swamp part of the new adventure pack and not the MOTU expansion?
    Yes but it is in Evening Star, which was the new adventure pack
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    Yes but it is in Evening Star, which was the new adventure pack
    While Eveningstar and the quest to get to it, Beyond the Rift, were added to the game at the same time as the expansion, neither is actually a part of the expansion. People without VIP, the expansion, or the two newest adventure packs can still do the four free quests up thru Beyond The Rift and go to Eveningstar, they just won't be able to do any quests there until they buy the appropriate adventure packs or expansion, (except for the challenges which they can do with their free daily coins if they don't own them.)

My point was that this forum is for the discussion of the expansion, not for discussion of the two more recent adventure packs that were not part of that expansion. The thread would surely be read by more people who find it's info relevant if it were located in a more appropriate forum.

While Eveningstar and the quest to get to it, Beyond the Rift, were added to the game at the same time as the expansion, neither is actually a part of the expansion. People without VIP, the expansion, or the two newest adventure packs can still do the four free quests up thru Beyond The Rift and go to Eveningstar, they just won't be able to do any quests there until they buy the appropriate adventure packs or expansion, (except for the challenges which they can do with their free daily coins if they don't own them.)

My point was that this forum is for the discussion of the expansion, not for discussion of the two more recent adventure packs that were not part of that expansion. The thread would surely be read by more people who find it's info relevant if it were located in a more appropriate forum.
    i understand what u say but, someone can buy Epic Destinies and still DO NO buy the expansion. still, destinies threads r here.

i understand what u say but, someone can buy Epic Destinies and still DO NO buy the expansion. still, destinies threads r here.
    Epic Destinies are a part of the expansion, even if bought separately.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

There are several factors here tht make me feel like this is not the intended method of getting to that chest.

Why point 3 is not a platform, but instead just an unseen spot of graphics?

Why so many bear traps on pillars that you do not need to jump to?

However, we searched for some time and coupld not find another way to get up there.

So far the method you have described has been the only one anyone has seemed to have found.
    so I guess it is in fact the way you are suppose to get there...... weird... IMO anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

The bear traps are what convinces me it's the right way. They're hilarious that they are there Dungeon designer sense of humour to the max. Give me more!
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Epic Destinies are a part of the expansion, even if bought separately.
    ok, so i shouldnt post this anywhere i guess, n keep for myself, sience ''General'' is about ''General discussion of topics related to DDO'' things. and this is more like ''specific'' thing

ok, so i shouldnt post this anywhere i guess, n keep for myself, sience ''General'' is about ''General discussion of topics related to DDO'' things. and this is more like ''specific'' thing
    General is full of threads about various "specific" things, and would have been a much better place to post this. A lot more people would read it and learn how to get to the chest there.

The quests and challenges forum would work too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast