Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default This is what we pay for?

This is Alysssa, most ppl on sarlona know me, but ive been quiet on the forums. (I hate the world wide web) but anyway i wont be silent anymore.

I tried the new content, u16, with a guildie, knowing that is rouge-centric, i took my level 25 atificer w/ draconic incarnation 5. Quest went fine. im looking at my bars, and all my ED stuff is greyed out. recalled, swapped destinies and swapped back. shut down client and relogged to clear lag. came back, same thing. submitted bug report.

*name removed* thanks me for my input, cuts and pasted to me the same tired diatribe, and quickly exits. not helping at all. he wants me to go use the bug tracker on the forums. Publicity is the best bug tracker i know.

They didnt help me. they didnt even try. they cut and pasted a prefab customer service pacifier and they hid behind thier wall of obscurity. and so i say again: I PAY FOR THIS? my artificers rune arm and alchemical repeater trail behind her like the most colorful duncan yoyo to ever be invented, abbot is the biggest lagfest ive ever seen, and the ppl to whom we pay money to keep us satisfied are too busy to even say hello? they just cut and paste crowd pleasers?

you ppl have so much to answer for that i cant even begin to make the point. but we can start somewhere. Im starting here. Im starting with *name removed* im using this incident to point out whats wrong with everything in this system. Ppl pay for this so if youre gonna stuff garbage down our throats at least be inventive about it.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 11-14-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Community Guidelines

Default i had a similar experiance

with the same gm.closed my ticket without even sending me a tell. so i cancelled my sub and will play the expansion only since i own it. i bought u15 but u16 is a epic fail so i wont buy that one.

Community Member

Default Well

Ive played for five years and i have a BIG mouth. Im not taking this one lying down. Not only did he not address the issue at hand, and its not covered in the changelog or known issues, but he blew me off to do whatever he thinks is more important than doing his dang job. So im gonna make a stink. Starting here.
    Last edited by fraterp; 11-14-2012 at 02:20 AM.

Community Member

Default Agree

DDO should be, or try to be more helpful. They seem like they have already lost customers and are going to keep losing the ones they have left. Unless they start treating the ones left better. I for one am tired of every update breaking something completely unrelated to the update. Like Grouping part this time around and the chat system that i have not had (general, party and guild) since the update. Things like this make me think that a game i love to play might end up killing itself if some things are not straightened out.

Quote Originally Posted by fraterp View Post
    This is Alysssa, most ppl on sarlona know me, but ive been quiet on the forums. (I hate the world wide web) but anyway i wont be silent anymore.

I tried the new content, u16, with a guildie, knowing that is rouge-centric, i took my level 25 atificer w/ draconic incarnation 5. Quest went fine. im looking at my bars, and all my ED stuff is greyed out. recalled, swapped destinies and swapped back. shut down client and relogged to clear lag. came back, same thing. submitted bug report.

*name removed* thanks me for my input, cuts and pasted to me the same tired diatribe, and quickly exits. not helping at all. he wants me to go use the bug tracker on the forums. Publicity is the best bug tracker i know.

They didnt help me. they didnt even try. they cut and pasted a prefab customer service pacifier and they hid behind thier wall of obscurity. and so i say again: I PAY FOR THIS? my artificers rune arm and alchemical repeater trail behind her like the most colorful duncan yoyo to ever be invented, abbot is the biggest lagfest ive ever seen, and the ppl to whom we pay money to keep us satisfied are too busy to even say hello? they just cut and paste crowd pleasers?

you ppl have so much to answer for that i cant even begin to make the point. but we can start somewhere. Im starting here. Im starting with *name removed* and he will be my little plaything, my little project to point out whats wrong with everything in this system. Ppl pay for this if youre gonna stuff **** down our throats? At least be inventive.
    Yes. This what you pay for. I'm not being snarky I'm being very, very serious. I would do a certain 'Welcome' greeting but that would get me infracted. But yes, this is what you pay for.

the replies to this thread will prove my point,
    bitkaCK2
    "That's right, remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over..." ~ Heavenly Bank Account by Frank Zappa
    "Your 'Gin n' tonic Futon Brain' cyborg implants sure make you smart!" ~ Seraphita, Element of Fire

Community Member

Default Furthermore

This is a failure in customer service. Read the forums, its all the evidence you need. Every server is saying the same thing. This is failure in reseach and development. How long do we have to wait for a meaningful update? I.E. one that improves the quality of our experience. This is a failure in allocation of labor hours. Why are there 3 year old issues that are still issues? point of fact - you assign ppl to take care of what you think matters, not what we think matters. And this is a failure in administration. Why are individuals like +Bletchley+ allowed to persist and ignore your customers in a game thats trying desperately to clean up its image before it implodes on the weight of its own incompetencies?
    I've held all this in for years. You will answer to it.
    Last edited by fraterp; 11-14-2012 at 03:06 AM.

Community Member

Default still play this game?

Move on guys..there is lot better mmo out there.....DDO really2 kill itself

Im thinking of returning back after quit 5 months ago....but with the new update i saw a lot of ppl complaining..so i guess nothing is improving. Hell no not coming back lol

Community Member

Ive just been told that my comments are a bannable offense. I'm not so sure about that but I'll take my friends council. I won't mention the specific name anymore, but thats irrelevant anyway. Its a symptom, not the disease. But you can only sneeze so many times before you decide to take it up with a higher power. So im sick with dissappointment, and im doing the paperwork in the waiting room. Like thousands of other ppl.

You do know that there is a customer service phone number, right? I have called them and voiced my concerns in the past and they have been very helpful in resolving issues. I have played a LOT of mmos, and I have been in alpha and beta testing for about 10 years. I have even been staff in an mmo, so I understand a lot of what both sides go through, and no, there aren't any that are amazing with customer service when the games is being buggy for whatever reason. ALL MMOS have bugs with updates, get over it.
    SO what I am trying to say is, you need to help them help you. Call them, don't just whine on the forums. Take detailed notes on what you are experiencing. REPORT BUGS.
    What do you pay for? You pay for? Read the VIP contract and you will see. EVEN free players get to be helped by devs.

This all being said: all you GM's out there NEED to be MUCH more proactive and less cut-n-paste. LISTEN to the problem, help as much as you can and IF you can't help, MAKE SURE to kick the problem upstairs and get it the attention it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
    This all being said: all you GM's out there NEED to be MUCH more proactive and less cut-n-paste. LISTEN to the problem, help as much as you can and IF you can't help, MAKE SURE to kick the problem upstairs and get it the attention it deserves.
    This. I don't even bother with tickets anymore. In the 3-4 years I've been playing most of my tickets have been closed with no response. The one ticket that was answered was answered after one hour.

Community Member

Yeah I have been fairly happy with the game, but my guild is mostly a group of face to face friends and they are frustrated and want us to sample some other free to play MMOs and see if we can find a better fit.

It seems the organization is in chaos and we've all been burned by spending time to accomplish something only to have someone at Turbine make a change that pretty much nullifies what we did.

This is the only MMO I ever played so I have no idea what any others are like, I just know I am here to play with my friends and if my friends leave I don't really want to stay here and play with people i don't know in real life. 2 real life friends quit the game yesterday although they played very infrequently. They want our gaming group to spend some time sampling other free to play MMOs starting with Star Wars which goes ftp in a few days. I am not overly excited about the prospect - I prefer to just focus on this game.

I think Turbine is really trying hard and I am sure being a small group in a big corporation isn't easy especially when things don't go perfectly. I hope things go better for Turbine if/when Warner Bros. decides to sell the unit and get out of the MMO market. As much as people blame the developers and customer support group, i am sure they are getting direction from Warner Bros. or a manager from Warner Bros. that knows nothing about MMOs. One thing that is very clear to me - the developers are either getting input from the wrong people or they are being forced to do things they don't agree with - I have no idea which.

I am sorry you were burned and even more sorry if you get banned. i get how frustrating it is when something you spent time on is lost. I hope it gets corrected and you continue to play the game.
    Last edited by slarden; 11-14-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

OP: You didnt happen to do an LR or swap a feat recently did you? There is a known issue (to the forumites anyhow) that LR can screw up destinies and zero out favor etc.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

imho

this update 16 is the worst ever done.

bad bugs everywhere, old problems came back, ppl get nervous..

i hope turbine will solve all quickly or this is the beginning of the real end of this game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    OP: You didnt happen to do an LR or swap a feat recently did you? There is a known issue (to the forumites anyhow) that LR can screw up destinies and zero out favor etc.
    I certainly understand that there will always be bugs, but what I don't understand is why they would not disable a feature that could cause such permanent harm? I am fairly tolerant of bugs, but I have much less empathy when a feature with known significant negative consequences is not disabled. Most people don't check the forums for this type of information.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I certainly understand that there will always be bugs, but what I don't understand is why they would not disable a feature that could cause such permanent harm? I am fairly tolerant of bugs, but I have much less empathy when a feature with known significant negative consequences is not disabled. Most people don't check the forums for this type of information.
    Yeap exactly.

Which is why I am trying to find out if it is indeed the LR that screwed things up for Alysssa or if there is yet another bug that causes total loss of EDs as well.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    This. I don't even bother with tickets anymore. In the 3-4 years I've been playing most of my tickets have been closed with no response. The one ticket that was answered was answered after one hour.
    /Same.

Over the years I have noticed a big decine in the competancy of the GM's

When I first started this game the GM's responded quickly were intelligent conversant and knowledgeable about various issues and were able to ask meaningful questions to understand the issue or problem being presented.
    Would actually interact and resolve game issue problems.

I fid it rude and insulting when a GM autocloses a ticket usually without ever even sending a tell or having any real interaction with users.
    No customer (that would be us as users.. we are Turbines customers) should ever be essentially hung up on when we are asking for help.

Currently typical GM selects 1 of 2 drop down menu ticket options...
    1: Autoclose-Sorry can't do anything, This is not a known problem submit a bug report.
    2: Autoclose-Sorry can't do anything, This is a known problem submit a bug report.
    ~or the laughable submit 2 tickets for same issue and get both 1 and 2 as responses~
    May the Silver flame guide you......
    GM goes back to reading book or surfing the web....

A rate your GM folllow up checklist would probably be usefull here, then you can see which GM's are answering everything with canned useless responses and which ones are actually responding in dialogue with users.
    -Employ GM's that are capable and competent and have actually played the game.
    -Empower the GM's to rectify a situation appropriately.
    -Do not autoclose tickets with no follow up.
    -Answer every ticket quickly even if it is to let you know you are in a que for a 30 minute wait time.
    -Add sections within the ticket to add comments, reference links, etc...
    -auto add your player information, location, quest information and a link to submit a bug ticket.
    -rate your GM followup section on every ticket upon closure by GM

- Bug reporting -
    The bug report that disappears into the void upon submision is also lacking....
    We want real follow up on bug reports, assign bug report ID#'s and respond with those #'s back to the submitter, #'s that can be tracked online. Doesnt need anything fancy.. Bug subitted, Acknowledged, being investigated, problem identified/could not recreate problem, qty of similar reported bugs, fix submitted for testing in beta......etc....
    Last edited by JOTMON; 11-14-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by fraterp View Post
    Ive played for five years and i have a BIG mouth. Im not taking this one lying down. Not only did he not address the issue at hand, and its not covered in the changelog or known issues, but he blew me off to do whatever he thinks is more important than doing his dang job. So im gonna make a stink. Starting here.
    If you really want to change something without getting banned, you should call them directly, as someone already suggested. Everyone here knows that DDO GMs don't actually do anything.

They really need to have a meeting with these guys.

Well spoken, as usual Jot.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    That would be because Turbine cares more about short term profits then they do about their customer relations or long term profits. They sell the items to do reincarnations so they have left them enabled.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Unfortunately, Turbine has not cared about customers in quite a long time now.

I don't even bother opening tickets anymore. Because I know they won't do anything. Even if they could do something it would be useless to make a ticket. Why? Because it takes at least an hour for them to answer it, which I now believe is done on purpose to be sure you wait so long that you end up leaving the quest you had a problem with before they send you their pre-generated answers.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast