Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Hello I have copied 2 of my 3 toons over, How do I try and copy my failed toon over again? as there is no option to try and copy him.
    Do I seend to email someone? any help would be great.
    thanks.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by hunzi2010 View Post
    Hello I have copied 2 of my 3 toons over, How do I try and copy my failed toon over again? as there is no option to try and copy him.
    Do I seend to email someone? any help would be great.
    thanks.
    You have to wait for them to do a server wide character wipe and then they reset the tool. (Not likely to happens until they want to test something after the expansion unless they suddenly make some major changes.)

Community Member

I get "Error retrieving your game subscription" when I hit the copy link Yes, I am logged in, and logged out/back in and it still happens. Probably something related to the new forums messing up my account.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

I'm getting the exact same error. Prior to closed beta it worked fine for me, but when closed beta dropped I lost lam forum/character copy access (despite having preordered and being able to log into lam) I assume that's related?
    Knight of the Silver Legion, part of Guild Medieval

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Why is there no option to resubmit failed transfers?

Was hoping that would be a basic part of the new transfer tool.

I haven't played for couple of months, since billing fiasco, decided to try new enhancements and maybe resub and get an expansion if I like what I see, but I guess it won't happen since I'm getting "Error retrieving your player information" .
    Active characters: Pssyche * Dredmor * Worley * Bundolo

I saw fewer threads about failed character copies so took the chance all was working and downloaded Lamannia. To answer my own question, copying is still full of fail.

Do the characters that fail have a "character data unavailable" warning? Or do they look like they should transfer, but then fail to do so?

No. I got a 'retry' status message. And then failed a few minutes later.

How many of your characters have failed to transfer? (Please list character names, levels, classes, and servers.)

Many since Motu test times. But this round, I only tried one. Pomegranate, 18 ranger/1 monk/1 rogue/3 epic, Thelanis.

How many of your characters have successfully transferred? (Again, please list names, levels, classes, and servers.)

None in over a year. A few months before Motu, I never experienced a failure.

Do you have characters that show the "character data unavailable" warning that you want to copy?

No.

After all this, I deleted the Lamannia client. A few minutes later, I deleted my DDO client. I don't even care enough to explain why (but rest assured, it's hardly just because of one failed character copy.) Good news, you can have all my stuff.
    . . . The Band of the Shifting Sands . . .
    Thelanis

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567