Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Character Copy Tool Issues

Hello!

I have seen a number of people say that their character(s) did not actually copy to Lamannia. I would like some information regarding this issue:

• Do the characters that fail have a "character data unavailable" warning? Or do they look like they should transfer, but then fail to do so?

• How many of your characters have failed to transfer? (Please list character names, levels, classes, and servers.)

• How many of your characters have successfully transferred? (Again, please list names, levels, classes, and servers.)

• Do you have characters that show the "character data unavailable" warning that you want to copy?

Note that this thread is ONLY for discussing issues with the Character Copy Tool. This is not the place to argue for or against a character wipe.

Smiles,
    Squeak

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Thumbs up

My characters are fine, its just that I need to update them on live if I want to copy over.
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Community Member

Default Mine

I transferred my 20 pali / epic 5 (US) over to Lam at the beginning of October.

The report was "fail" but it worked just fine.

Several people have commented that the character copy tool does not work for characters with epic levels. My experience indicates they are incorrect.

Community Member

Thumbs down

I cant even get to the character copy page to check. I have tried snice the motu beta. then I could not copy over my toons so was very tired of lvl and grearing toons just to start over so I have done lam snice, and now cant even try to copy a toon over.

to answer below
    this all i see when i go to the page

ions, and are used with permission. Turbine and the Turbine logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
    [Legal Info | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Work at Turbine]
    Last edited by rcal13; 11-13-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Quote Originally Posted by rcal13 View Post
    I cant even get to the character copy page to check. I have tried snice the motu beta. then I could not copy over my toons so was very tired of lvl and grearing toons just to start over so I have done lam snice, and now cant even try to copy a toon over.
    What happens when you try to surf to the character copy page?

Community Member

Default Character Copy

Are you using internet explorer? I couldn't get the page to load until I switched to Firefox.

• Do the characters that fail have a "character data unavailable" warning? Or do they look like they should transfer, but then fail to do so?

I haven't seen the "character data unavailable" warning. All looked like they should transer.
    • How many of your characters have failed to transfer? (Please list character names, levels, classes, and servers.)

One. Bookernugget/lvl14 cleric/khyber. If it's relevant, this copy was attempted back on september 25th.
    • How many of your characters have successfully transferred? (Again, please list names, levels, classes, and servers.)

Two recently successful and one back in june or july. Henweigh/lvl 4 fighter/khyber, Grummple/lvl4 barbarian/khyber, (the older successful copy)Nishanti/16 paladin 2 fighter 2 rogue/khyber
    • Do you have characters that show the "character data unavailable" warning that you want to copy?

Haven't seen that warning yet.

Community Member

My char is Uriziem monk 20/5 cannith server
    Uriziem Completionist done, past life 28/30
    solo ADQ2 EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414558
    solo FoT EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414946
    Waiting better and harder end game(or neverwinter online)

Community Member

Default Character Copy tool issues

I always get redirected to a page that says "Error: page not found" (it is a ddo forum page). Also, when I look at my forums page all my characters are 'archived'. My primary toons are:
    Sothar on Argonnessen, artificer/epic 20/1
    Chilok on Argonnessen, ranger/rogue 15/1

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post

- Not that i recall, but it's been a couple of months.

- Currently, one; Otifalcon (Rogue 14/Arti 6/Epic 1) from Cannith (attempted 27 September; may not have had the epic level at that time)
    - Previously (during the MotU testing), too many to count - L20 monk a couple of times, L20 bard several times, Ranger 15/Rogue 5 a few times. All from Thelanis; all are currently successfully transferred.

-Three, all from Thelanis, all pre-MotU (transferred 31 May)
    -Maraga (bard 20)
    -Grynd (Ranger 15/Rogue 20)
    -Donajya (Monk 20)

All show their current levels (bard with 2 levels of epic, ranger/rogue with 4, monk as barb 17) rather than their "transferred" state, which is kind of confusing - the "Current Copies" should either show their current levels on Lamaland, or as they were at the time of transfer, but not their current levels on live several months later. And of course, all the epic levels are showing up as "druid" (which makes me idly curious how an epic druid shows up, especially one who's not a full druid... but i digress).

- Not that I'm aware of.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Hero

Do the characters that fail have a "character data unavailable" warning? Or do they look like they should transfer, but then fail to do so?
    No. I have no idea what "look like they should transfer" means.

How many of your characters have failed to transfer? (Please list character names, levels, classes, and servers.)
    Ying: 18 FvS/1 Monk/1 Wizard from Orien. Failed to copy pre-MOTU launch.

How many of your characters have successfully transferred? (Again, please list names, levels, classes, and servers.)
    Hamada: 20 Wizard from Orien. Copied pre MOTU-launch.
    Vadanken: 18 Paladin, 2 Fighter from Orien. Copied pre-MOTU launch.
    Kobeyashi: 12 Fighter, 6 Monk, 2 Paladin from Orien. Copied pre-MOTU launch.

Do you have characters that show the "character data unavailable" warning that you want to copy?
    No.

I don't know how related it is, but 3 out of those 4 MyDDO pages are no longer functioning (only Ying works). At the time of the character copy (pre-MOTU launch) they were all functional.
    Last edited by Carpone; 12-04-2012 at 07:43 AM.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

It never works from wayfinder. multiple characters, multiple tries. never worked for me or any one i know has tried.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

I will look into this. Thank you for the information!

"Do the characters that fail have a "character data unavailable" warning? Or do they look like they should transfer, but then fail to do so?"
    Failed to transfer during update on Lamania

How many of your characters have failed to transfer? (Please list character names, levels, classes, and servers.)
    Metalliko (20 FvS, 5 epic)
    Carbayon (18Rng/1Rog/1Figh, 4 epic)
    Eumin (11Figh/2Rogue)
    That are real levels right now, not the ones they have when I tried the copy; all on Thelanis, date 2012-06-04 09:05:46

How many of your characters have successfully transferred? (Again, please list names, levels, classes, and servers.)
    Only one, after the above mentioned Lama update:
    Matapijos (20wiz/5 epic), Thelanis, date:2012-06-07 09:46:05

Do you have characters that show the "character data unavailable" warning that you want to copy?
    No

Exclamation I am having a problem by logging in to Lammania

I am having a problem of logging to the server what is it all means?:
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at com.turbine.launcher.gls.GlobalLoginSystemAuthenti cationService.EndLoginAccount(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at com.turbine.launcher.Services.SOAPAuthenticator.En dAuthenticate(IAsyncResult ar)

please help me.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by gairng View Post
    I am having a problem of logging to the server what is it all means?:

<snip>

please help me.
    In case you haven't seen it yet:

Unfortunately Lamannia is still down for Maintenance. We do not know when the preview world will be brought back up, but I will let you know as soon as it is. Thank you for your patience.

Community Member

Default character failed

Hello!

I have seen a number of people say that their character(s) did not actually copy to Lamannia. I would like some information regarding this issue:

Note that this thread is ONLY for discussing issues with the Character Copy Tool. This is not the place to argue for or against a character wipe.

Smiles,
    Squeak

mercsmule (Sarlona lvl 7 fighter) failed to copy over to lamannia any help would be great thx

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Fun issue from the tool since the wipe, characters are copied before the order is given. I love time travelling.

Flavilandile (Elf[v])
    L25 Cleric/Druid Ghallanda Complete 2013-01-16 13:10:45 2013-01-16 13:07:23
    Millishande (Half-Elf)
    L24 Barbarian/Druid Ghallanda Complete 2013-01-16 13:10:45 2013-01-16 13:07:25
    Gildalinde (Elf[v])
    L24 UnidentifiedClass1/Druid Ghallanda Complete 2013-01-16 13:10:45 2013-01-16 13:07:27
    Blacklock (Halfling)
    L25 Rogue/Druid Ghallanda Complete 2013-01-16 13:10:45 2013-01-16 13:07:30
    Yaelle (Halfling)
    L24 Cleric/Druid Ghallanda Complete 2013-01-16 13:10:45 2013-01-16 13:07:32

Another interesting bit from the above list :

Only Gildalinde is a Druid... ( That's the UnidentifiedClass1 )
    All the characters are Epic ( that's the Druid thingie as second class for all of them. )

Like the [v] that comes with the Elf race ( and break quite a few things in MyDDO ) this is a MyDDO bug.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Notes: Ooclaan is a level 25 Ranger (no TR) and Wraiph is a level 23 Rogue (no TR); Uurlock is actually level 16; logged in and out of each character (and closed ddo) before using character copy to update.

Ooclaan (Drow Elf)
    L11 Ranger Khyber Complete 2013-01-16 13:51:24 2013-01-16 13:47:59

Wisearrow (Half-Elf)
    L9 Fighter/Ranger/Monk Khyber Failed 2013-01-16 13:46:25

Rummbutt (Drow Elf)
    L18 Artificer[v] Khyber Failed 2013-01-16 13:28:01

Wraiph (Drow Elf)
    L15 Rogue Khyber Failed 2013-01-16 13:08:44

Uurlock (Warforged)
    L13 Artificer[v] Khyber Complete 2013-01-16 12:56:30 2013-01-16 12:53:09
    You have copied the maximum number of characters allowed.

upon logging into Lamdaland - Uurlock showed up with correct level 16 and xp - but even with it showing I have VIP - Ooclaan can't come in to play since he is a drow and I need to buy that.

logged in with Uurlock and logged out - then was able to log in with Ooclaan - full level 25.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copytool.PNG 
Views:	55 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	855  
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 01-16-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: post-postscript

Community Member

Default Level 25 to Level 4 timewarp

Ninil my main on Argo is Lvl 25
    Human 12 monk/7 druid/1 ranger

Tried first character copy, which failed.
    Ninil's description then became character information not available.

Tried second character copy for Ninil, which succeeded..
    BUT she is now an Elf 3 ranger/1 fighter on Lama.

Any advice would be fab! Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	19 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	856  

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast