Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

The bigger issue is that a lot of folks, such as myself, who really like their main characters on the live servers are not going to bother testing on Lamannia because they cannot use their favorite toons. It may sound silly to some people, but I simply just don't care to play a new toon at this point nor try to recreate something that exists already on the live servers. I'll just play on the live servers, thanks. So, despite me routinely giving Lamannia a run through and reporting bugs etc... I am just not interested this time around as a result of the character copy debacle.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by teknophreaq View Post
    JUST so everyone is aware...

After much searching I found the actual character copy link http://www.ddo.com/en/character_copy

Every other link on the site/in google/under a rock does NOT have the underscore between character and copy, and therefore, is turning up a 404.

Now that I'm able to get to the util, it still shows Margarethe as copied, when she doesn't exist on Lama anymore.

Please rectify this situation, Margarethe is the only character I play.
    even this link is giving me a cannot find error note

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scrootaype View Post
    Ninil my main on Argo is Lvl 25
    Human 12 monk/7 druid/1 ranger

Tried first character copy, which failed.
    Ninil's description then became character information not available.

Tried second character copy for Ninil, which succeeded..
    BUT she is now an Elf 3 ranger/1 fighter on Lama.

Any advice would be fab! Thanks!
    I had similar issue, I transferred my character about a month ago while lammania was down and just logged into it to see it as a 4 bard/1 rogue 28 pt build which was my toon 3.5 years ago when I first started playing ddo. I deleted the toon and am now unable to even access the character copy screen to see if I could possibly copy it again because it keeps saying I need to log in no matter how many times I log in

Quote Originally Posted by Elishia View Post
    .... because it keeps saying I need to log in no matter how many times I log in.
    This is major FUBAR across the whole of DDO's websites since the horrid forum reorg. Any time I try to do anything at all it tells me I have to login and after entering the correct details it just takes me back to the login screen without any error or reason why it has not worked. The weird thing is that it will let me make forum posts even though the login has failed.Bring back the old forum - maybe some people think it was not as 'pretty' (to which I disagree) but at least the damn thing worked most of the time.

Community Member

I'd love to copy some of my epic toons over to Lamannia, but there is the slight problem of the forum name associated with that subscription is still broken and hasn't been fixed by Turbine since they broke it. I created a temporary id for that subscription, but it doesn't point to it. It instead points to my second subscription. I really would love it if they went back to old forum format and forum ids worked correctly, but I afraid that they would just screw it up even worse than it already is.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Character Copy

I just wanted to give you an update on the Character Copy situation for Lamannia. We have just reset the Character Copy Tool, so you can finally copy over characters that were marked as "Copied" but were no longer on Lamannia. Since we have not Wiped all characters from Lamannia, Characters that are currently on Lamannia will be listed as available to copy, but those copies will "fail" (according to the Character Copy Tool). This shouldn't be an issue since the 5 Character Copy limit was removed.

Unfortunately, other issues with the Character Copy Tool are still a work in progress, and anyone unable to log in to the Forums are still unable to access Character Copy. I apologize for the inconvenience. I know it isn't perfect, but please remember that the Test Dojo is available to help with leveling and gearing characters from scratch. Soon the Test Dojo's door in the Marketplace will be working properly (so it won't mysteriously disappear!) I will also start filling the Auction House with items in preparation for the upcoming Enhancement Preview on Lamannia. (I will start with items from Epic Elite Gianthold Quests.)

Smiles,
    Squeak
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 06-26-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    I just wanted to give you an update on the Character Copy situation for Lamannia. We have just reset the Character Copy Tool, so you can finally copy over characters that were marked as "Copied" but were no longer on Lamannia. Since we have not Wiped all characters from Lamannia, Characters that are currently on Lamannia will be listed as available to copy, but those copies will "fail" (according to the Character Copy Tool). This shouldn't be an issue since the 5 Character Copy limit was removed.

Unfortunately, other issues with the Character Copy Tool are still a work in progress, and anyone unable to log in to the Forums are still unable to access Character Copy. I apologize for the inconvenience. I know it isn't perfect, but please remember that the Test Dojo is available to help with leveling and gearing characters from scratch. Soon the Test Dojo's door in the Marketplace will be working properly (so it won't mysteriously disappear!) I will also start filling the Auction House with items in preparation for the upcoming Enhancement Preview on Lamannia. (I will start with items from Epic Elite Gianthold Quests.)

Smiles,
    Squeak
    I love the test dojo and adding items, please add raid items as well if possible. This is a great way for players to test builds and characters. I really appreciate you making this feature available to us. Your awesome squeak!
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

I would love to add Raid items, but unfortunately I cannot post anything on the Auction House that is Bound.

Thank you. Looking forward to see all the new toys in action.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Many thanks for the reset of the character copy Squeak.

Do you have an ETA for the new drop of the Enhancement Pass ?
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Do you have an ETA for the new drop of the Enhancement Pass ?
    She said (day or two) in the other thread.

Though I would like them to "release it when it's ready"... given the amount of dev time taken trying to maintain two enhancement systems the past year of updates... I'd almost just prefer they kick us in the teeth with the new enhancements and release it with the expansion even with bugs and TBD's. That way at least system/bugfix dev time is going towards only the new system and we start making forward progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member

I keep getting a "Error retrieving your player information." message when I click the copy link. Any suggestions on how to go about fixing it?

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    I would love to add Raid items, but unfortunately I cannot post anything on the Auction House that is Bound.
    Hmmm would it maybe be possible to "perma-spawn" bound/raid items like those in the big loot-room in the test dojo?

I mean I totally love that room, but the loot in it is kinda outdated for most testing ...

It would be absolutely, incredibly, uber-awesome if you could add items from the more recent raids (CitW, FoT, MA, LoB, ToD) ... and also lots of important: heroic commendations ... (no offense intended, but) putting tons of flawless dragon scales on the ah is kinda pointless as one needs 3 commendations to forge an armor out of them ...

Thanks anyway ... oh and please put some EE Treads of Falling Shadows and some Seals of House Avithoul on the AH
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Urjak View Post
    Hmmm would it maybe be possible to "perma-spawn" bound/raid items like those in the big loot-room in the test dojo?
    Or maybe an NPC ( or a set of NPCs... one for each raid ) with whom you interract so that it gives you exactly the item you want...
    Or maybe a chest ( or a set of chest... one for each raid ) that you open to find the complete choice of raid loot....

Now it might be tricky for Shroud, but what we need from Shroud is the shards of power, all the rest can be found laying in the Dojo already.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Angry

"Error retrieving your player information." Every time I follow a link to the charactercopy page.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raptir View Post
    "Error retrieving your player information." Every time I follow a link to the charactercopy page.
    Oh hey character copy error buddy! Yeah I'm getting that too :\ It is quite frustrating. Its hard to test my builds without access to my geared/tomed/multiple life characters.

Same here, it's been a while now and it's really getting frustrating >.<

Default Can't copy correct toons

For some reason when I pre-ordered MotU Turbine created a second account for me which I have since turned into a mule account. Now when I try to use the character copy I am only given the option to copy toons from this second account with no way to switch to my main account that I have found. I have turned in both a ticket and a bug report on this with no response so far.

Can one of the Dev's please tell me how to switch which account is my main account? (Hint it has level 20+ toons in it, not just level 1-2 toons.) I would really like to take a few of them on the new quests when they come out on Lamannia.

Also when are the new quests expected to be released in Beta?

Thanks

Community Member

Default One of my character failed to copy

Hello

Only one of my character failed to copy. I think it's probably because I had DDO running in the background and that character online at the time. Anyways to reset it again so I can copy it ? Character name Myralyss on Thelanis server.

1 success druid(25) juliusroot

1 fail foaly cleric(20) tr 1x
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast