Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Not WAI

Not only do I see a lot of toons I don't even remember having made on the character copy screen, but when I select my 2nd life Barbarian 18 (Visik.. 1st life Cleric) and copy him over, although the copy shows as successful, he copies as a L4 cleric (from Argonessen if that matters). Not sure how long ago he would have been a L4 cleric, but it's not less than 6 months.

Add to that the fact that the toons I copied over for the enhancement preview show as already copied and not able to be recopied, and I'd say the tool is not WAI.

Also, if you could add sorting.. alphabetically by toonname, alphabetically by toonname within server.. something less chaotic than the current random list would be helpful.

Community Member

It shows previously copied and a list to choose from, however, the ones I want to copy aren't on the list. And they do exist.

Hero

Arrow Communication is what the listener does

Quote Originally Posted by Sudz View Post
    Fine so we can now occasionally get onto the character copy screen and there has been a server wipe so our toons are no longer on Lamma, could we now get the next step which is a reset of the toons that the copy tool thinks still exist on Lamma, all well and good that I can copy 5 toons apart from the tool thinks that they still exist so won't let us copy them again? Cheers :-)
    A Turbine response to this issue is sorely lacking.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Question

Thanks for the latest character wipe (May 6, 2013).

I'm able to copy characters over, but I can't seem to copy over characters that have been previously copied over at a date before the wipe. Here's a list of characters:

Code:

Anne         Complete     2013-01-24 18:22:56   2013-01-24 18:19:27
    Anastazie    Complete     2013-01-24 18:22:56   2013-01-24 18:19:32
    Sprockettz   Complete     2013-01-24 18:22:56   2013-01-24 18:19:35
    Theris       Complete     2013-04-14 18:00:13   2013-04-14 17:55:55
    Emmawone     Failed       2013-04-14 18:00:13	
    Xannarchist  Failed       2013-05-06 12:51:52
    These are listed in the "Previous Copy Status" table and not listed in the "Available Characters" table. As a result I can't click on the "Lamannia" link to re-copy them over; even for characters listed as "failed" status.

I've logged on to the Lamannia server itself and none of these characters were copied over. If I copy a character today, the transfer is listed as "complete" and confirmed on Lamannia.

Is there any work around or solution available for failed or previously transferred characters prior to today ?

Thanks,
    Anne
    Thelanis: Anne|Annala|Torzion|Anastazie|Sprockettz|Theris

DDOcast - A DDO Podcast for Fans by Fans! >> Google+ || Twitter || Facebook || iTunes || DDOcast RSS Feed || YouTube

Community Member

I just get an "error retrieving your information" when I try to load the character copy page. Disappointed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theris View Post
    Thanks for the latest character wipe (May 6, 2013).

I'm able to copy characters over, but I can't seem to copy over characters that have been previously copied over at a date before the wipe. Here's a list of characters:

Code:

Anne         Complete     2013-01-24 18:22:56   2013-01-24 18:19:27
    Anastazie    Complete     2013-01-24 18:22:56   2013-01-24 18:19:32
    Sprockettz   Complete     2013-01-24 18:22:56   2013-01-24 18:19:35
    Theris       Complete     2013-04-14 18:00:13   2013-04-14 17:55:55
    Emmawone     Failed       2013-04-14 18:00:13	
    Xannarchist  Failed       2013-05-06 12:51:52
    These are listed in the "Previous Copy Status" table and not listed in the "Available Characters" table. As a result I can't click on the "Lamannia" link to re-copy them over; even for characters listed as "failed" status.

I've logged on to the Lamannia server itself and none of these characters were copied over. If I copy a character today, the transfer is listed as "complete" and confirmed on Lamannia.

Is there any work around or solution available for failed or previously transferred characters prior to today ?

Thanks,
    Anne
    Same problem here.

Before the character reset, I had my 4 most important toons on Lamannia
    Now, it seems all 4 are still there, according to the char copy, but they obviously arent
    Theirfor I do not get any option at all to copy those toons over to Lam

The funniest of all is, that my completionist was actually in he list of possible toons to be copied, so obviously I select and copy him over. It even succeeded according to the char copy tool
    Once I logged in though, it seemed that my completionist now all of the sudden is a level 4 first life toon with no gear what so ever.

Look into this pelase, as this obviously isnt the way how I even wanne consider testing out the new stuff
    I wanne do it with my own toons and my own gear, or I wont log in at all
    Get it fixed, or ya wont see me till the next character whipe (just to see if I can at least copy them then over)

Community Member

I just got done transfering EVERY Lyriss from arg that the list shows but NONE of them are my current Lyriss they are ALL deleted ones from at least 1-6 years ago! Lets see if I can get my other one to work.

Community Member

The comments from above all seem to pint out that the database for toon available to copy is severely out of date, is this the reason behind there being no reset on which toons the tool thinks have been copied over? As if we all were copying over our most recently working toons and found them to be severely out of date there would be much more said about the problem? Please can we have an answer to why after a server wipe the toon transfer list was not reset? It is all well and good that we can level toon quickly but there are many pieces of equipment that are not available without a heavy grind to re-acquire and some just not available at all without the relevant event running ie cove stuff.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mitwo View Post
    Once I logged in though, it seemed that my completionist now all of the sudden is a level 4 first life toon with no gear what so ever.
    As under your avatar is says Belgium I suspect you're, like me an European Refugee...

Did you create a placeholder toon when you know where we were going to be dumped during the transfer ?

I ask that because I created one, that I deleted as soon as my characters arrived on my account.
    ( that way I was sure to keep my name, as I've seen people taking over names and then trying to sell them back to their owners )

And that character has reappeared in the Copy Tool now.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    As under your avatar is says Belgium I suspect you're, like me an European Refugee... Did you create a placeholder toon when you know where we were going to be dumped during the transfer ? I ask that because I created one, that I deleted as soon as my characters arrived on my account.( that way I was sure to keep my name, as I've seen people taking over names and then trying to sell them back to their owners ) And that character has reappeared in the Copy Tool now.
    It seems that whateer database they're using for the character copy tool. It's calling from the same oen they use for the paid service to restore deleted characters. You would think this would be an easy thing... Apparently it's not... At least for Turbine... The chracter copy tool has NEVER worked properly, and likely never will. I mean heck, they just revamped the bug reporting tool... And well.... If this was a hamburger joint and someone ordered a medium rare cheeseburger with pickles, lettuce, onions, and mustard. They would get a well done hamburger with no cheese, and it would have tomatoes, and ketchup on it. Stumble, crawl, flail to the right, flail to the left.... Faceplant.......

Default Beta? No, it isn't.

Ok, as far as testing for Lamannia is concerned I get that:
    1. This is completely voluntary.
    2. Things are not guaranteed to work as advertised.

However, this "Beta" character copy tool isn't Beta. Heck, it isn't even Alpha. This tool should be in a pre-Alpha development state with the way that it is currently working. Any QA tester would take one glance at this and kick it back to development telling them that there is no way that this tool is going out to the public.

So this is me, looking at you, Turbine. Act like a professional development company. Stop releasing (and this description is being generous) half-baked code to the public. I get that bugs happen, but this character copy tool release isn't a bug, it's just very poor project management and development.

P.S. Before posting this I gave the character copy tool a 24 hour grace period, just in case the incorrect code base was released and you were scrambling to fix the mistake. Apparently, that is not the case.

Same ol, same ol.... Unfortunately, not surprised.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Community Member

Another week slips by and still no reset on the the copied toon tool, still no word on why so many folk that have been able to copy toons after so many times of being unable to on previous resets only to find they have a vastly out of date toon, now you have cut one of the three new quests as we need to buy something that isn't for sale yet so that we can run one more quest that doesn't drop anything of real value to high level toons. Am I missing something or is someone working really hard at driving everyone away from this game from the inside? There is also a serious lack of events going on making Lamma even more of a ghost town than the above issues on their own would achieve, some answers please Turbine would be appreciated. When will we be able to copy our equipped toons over again? When will the pre-order become available so that we have more than 2 new quests to test? When will there be more events dropping the stuff that isn't available in the dojo such as cannith mats, e-star mats, alchemical mats (the proper ones not just juggernaut parts but imbued shards etc), shards for the daily dice game etc?

Exclamation Need to reset the character copy tool

Just reset the tool so that it thinks that no one has copied characters over wipe the characters on the server again. Then set a filter that excludes deleted characters from the list of characters that can be copied. If you want people fully testing your update you will have to make the time to do this. Please?
    Ohlanis: AA Virtuoso | Mortemiir: Longsword Kensai-Monk | Fudou: Greatsword Kensai | Hucklebarri: Cleric | Bucaroo: Artificer
    Of Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post

• Do the characters that fail have a "character data unavailable" warning? Or do they look like they should transfer, but then fail to do so?

• How many of your characters have failed to transfer? (Please list character names, levels, classes, and servers.)

• How many of your characters have successfully transferred? (Again, please list names, levels, classes, and servers.)

• Do you have characters that show the "character data unavailable" warning that you want to copy?
    1. No.

2. None since the latest wipe.

3. None.

4. No.

My problem is that my main character that I always copy to Lamannia is still showing as copied and I cannot copy it again.

Community Member

character wipe pls

Uriziem lev 25 cannith
    Uriziem Completionist done, past life 28/30
    solo ADQ2 EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414558
    solo FoT EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414946
    Waiting better and harder end game(or neverwinter online)

Community Member

Talking Character Copy Problems

any chance of resetting the previous character copy i have charters im wanting to copy over since the wipe and can't because they are showing as still copied but they are not the list of characters on Lamannia

Community Member

Talking

JUST so everyone is aware...

After much searching I found the actual character copy link http://www.ddo.com/en/character_copy

Every other link on the site/in google/under a rock does NOT have the underscore between character and copy, and therefore, is turning up a 404.

Now that I'm able to get to the util, it still shows Margarethe as copied, when she doesn't exist on Lama anymore.

Please rectify this situation, Margarethe is the only character I play.

Community Member

Previous Copy Status
    Character Status Date Requested Date Completed
    Xenmonk Complete 2013-01-22 13:39:26 2013-01-22 13:35:58
    Mysterth Complete 2013-01-22 13:39:26 2013-01-22 13:36:00
    Xenlich Complete 2013-04-14 04:21:56 2013-04-14 04:17:33
    This is my result after the wipe on the character copy tool. I have not requested any characters be copied after the wipe, and my account on lammania shows zero characters. These are all characters I had on lammania before the wipe, and I don't believe I had transferred any others. Just out of curiousity, and I doubt you can answer these questions, but does the character copy mark characters in the live database in order to keep track of which ones are copied? If so, this could be resulting in an issue where the lammania database is being wiped, but characters on the live database are not being unmarked, resulting in the character copy tool telling the player they were copied. I'm just speculating here though, hopefully this issue can be solved soon.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast