Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where did my Suppressed Power go?

Someone linked a Pale Lavender Ioun stone in General chat; I noticed it didn't have a suppressed power. The oddity was that s/he claimed to have found it yesterday.

I happened to be on my mule and, lo and behold, my ioun stones (pink, inc. blue, pink/green) were also lacking a suppressed power message... (I can only assure you I have not been hoarding legacy ioun stones just for kicks. Murlynd's spoon is where I draw the line.)

Most of the ioun stones on the AH today have a "suppressed power" note except for some that were posted recently (duration > 2 days).

I haven't seen any posts/threads on this topic, and there is no mention in the release note/know issues. Display bug only?

Update: Feather_of_Sun confirms this is a display bug only, 2 players (#11, 17) so far have reported being able to unsuppress an ioun stone affected by the issue. Apologies for any panic that may have ensued among fellow hoarders.
    Last edited by Naramsin; 11-13-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: blerk syntax! + update

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Interesting. Sounds like it could be related to the loss of Risa Glaciation bug/issue that hit people also with this last update.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Interesting. Sounds like it could be related to the loss of Risa Glaciation bug/issue that hit people also with this last update.
    That's what I thought too. I will have to check the stone in the bank on my monk. I know my Sorcerer's dagger got 40 recipes and 8448 motes stripped off it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by DocBenway View Post
    That's what I thought too. I will have to check the stone in the bank on my monk. I know my Sorcerer's dagger got 40 recipes and 8448 motes stripped off it yesterday.
    ouch

Are we sure if its actually gone? Or just the appearance of it in the display text is gone?

Community Member

Yes, it is no longer on my Monk's banked stone either.

Also noticed while looking at it, the (Standard): channel no longer reports a screenshot taken or the file name.
    Going through old shots to see if I have the reward list it was on to pair with today's bank shot.

ETA: The MIA Glaciation now plain +3 Potency Dagger has not been equipped yet. I pulled an icicle in underdark that did better for cold boosts, but I will have to try equipping as well to check numbers. Need to run dreaming dark to see if the stone can be unsuppressed without text and I have no 'before' shot of it.
    Last edited by DocBenway; 11-13-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocBenway View Post
    I never created any glaciation item, and the only stone I have any more is an unlocked for archmage. So I'll have a harder time checking. But I could see about dreamspitters when I get home.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naramsin View Post
    Most of the ioun stones on the AH today have a "suppressed power" note except for some that were posted recently (duration > 2 days).
    I suspect seeing stones in the AH with suppressed still listed is a factor of how items are displayed through the AH interface - I had a VPIS in the regular character bank that's now missing the suppressed text, and a PLIS in TR cache that shows the suppressed text, but based on past when items were changed those in the TR cache kept the old descriptions only until they were pulled out. In other words if I pull the PLIS out of TR cache I bet it will start missing the suppressed text, and if you buy a stone off the AH I also bet it will lose the text too.

Can't wait to hear if this is WAI.

every iuon stone i have has lost its suppressed power also i have multiples of every type ..all plain now... i guess ill go try to upgrade 1 and see if its just a text bug

Community Member

Yes, it seems to be only the stone, of my banked and equipped items, that lost its suppressed power.
    My Wizard's Death's Touch still has it, that same Monk with the stone has 2 Dream Edges still showing Suppressed and The Titan's Grip in the shared bank also lists Suppressed Power.

Only the Stone has lost it, of my items.

Community Member

Mine too. Bug reported in game.

yay.. appears to be a text error i just upgraded a pink and green to test it..it said it needed a stone with suppresed power but it worked anyway
    Last edited by 9Crows; 11-13-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9Crows View Post
    yay.. appears to be a text error i just upgraded a pink and green to test it..it said it needed a stone with suppresed power but it worked anyway
    I am about to switch over to my Sorcerer to check the Risia spellpower numbers on the blanked dagger. In game browser has been horribly slow since the maintenance after 15.2, so make take a while to report result.

yeah I just checked my Sorc and the Pale Lav Ioun stone he has in bank is missing the suppressed power and the Superior Glaciation IX recipe is missing from one of his weapons..
    Officer of the Kobold Workers' Union

Community Member

Well, ****. (Haha, I had no idea that even the most polite excremental term, the one used in the title of the most popular potty training book, would be censored. Crappy.)
    Un/equipping Icerazor on my sorc changes cold power by the expected 120.

Un/equipping The former Superior Glaciation VIII, then just Glaciation Dagger, made No Change in spellpower.
    Seems to be more than just test with Risia caster stuff.
    Last edited by DocBenway; 11-13-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Community Member

just took a screenie of a plis i had stashed away in the bank. The suppressed power is gone. Looks like it reverted back to the original design :/

Bug Reported.

Last edited by Pape_27; 11-13-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

Default Aaaaack!!!

I was keeping one of each except charisma and pale lav (2 each) and vibrant (zero) on a storage alt and every single one of them has lost its surpressed power property. I got them all while getting a vibrant purple for my cleric. I am not a happy camper.

But I sent in a bug report. And I do have hopes this issue will be fixed or at least addressed.

I hate to regrind things. In the immortal or not so immortal words of Gedde Watanabe from Volunteers: "I like to keep what I got!"
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member pseudomasochist's Avatar

To echo a post above, the missing "suppressed power" on ioun stones is a text/appearance issue only. I upgraded a pale lavender one that was missing the text just now without a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

These items still have the "Suppressed Power" effect, and can still be upgraded at the Dreamforge.

Ironically, the Suppressed Power is being suppressed, which means it's just not visible in the item description.

We have a fix for this issue which will make it visible again, and that will be in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    These items still have the "Suppressed Power" effect, and can still be upgraded at the Dreamforge.

Ironically, the Suppressed Power is being suppressed, which means it's just not visible in the item description.

We have a fix for this issue which will make it visible again, and that will be in the next patch.

Any ETA on the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post

Whew!

Stop scaring me like that!
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast