Thread: Disconnecting

Default Disconnecting

i usually disconect when i leave:

Three Barell Cove's Inn, (only seems to be issue when i am in party)
    Zwabi Refudge,(only when there are no other players from party near exit on the outsside),
    Chains of Flame (via recall into Sands wildness area)

there are problems with this on other adventures too but these are ones where it is about 8/10

all of these are long term issues for at very elast 3 last updates, will turbine fix it soon? i mean new stuff is fine and all but how about making packs we DO happen to have allready stable?
    i do not use Google because it is pure evil (it managed to ruin both YT and internet in generall, altho in later one it did have great help)
    Microsoft my former archnemesis is currently aobut only thing standing between internet being internet and internet being parody of internet. Alas even they are still in on the whole selling netizen's data to other corporations.

STOP: ACTA, PIPA, SOPA (and varriations) Netizens need rights not just rules!

The Hatchery

Zone-in crashes are pretty much a "either you have them or you don't" bug.

What OS are you running? Win7 64-bit has the best performance with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Zone-in crashes are pretty much a "either you have them or you don't" bug.

What OS are you running? Win7 64-bit has the best performance with this.
    Win XP pretty sure its the default one err 32bit i belive
    i do not use Google because it is pure evil (it managed to ruin both YT and internet in generall, altho in later one it did have great help)
    Microsoft my former archnemesis is currently aobut only thing standing between internet being internet and internet being parody of internet. Alas even they are still in on the whole selling netizen's data to other corporations.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by James_Blood View Post
    Win XP pretty sure its the default one err 32bit i belive
    Well there's your problem. Win7 has much better resource management.

I know, Win XP is listed as "acceptable" under the DDO spec requirements, but just letting you know, it's possible you'll get a good increase in performance if you upgrade to Win7. LolTurbine.

Don't bother with Win8.

I know, Win XP is listed as "acceptable" under the DDO spec requirements, but just letting you know, it's possible you'll get a good increase in performance if you upgrade to Win7. LolTurbine.

Don't bother with Win8.
    i do not have resources to aquire new OS, bessides i am fairly certain i would have to upgrade my RAM aswell to even run 7s.

Don't bother with Win8.
    Win8 runs DDO better then any other version of windows to date O.o.
    Vertabreaker On Steam
    Vertabreaker's Power Hungry Quest TR 29 Of 40
    Encourage Self Sufficiency
    Power Gamer - Meta Gamer Since 1985

Default stop discussing OS it is not going to change

Quote Originally Posted by brickwall View Post
    Win8 runs DDO better then any other version of windows to date O.o.
    while i appritiate your attempt to pint out that your os works i have already mentioned that changing it is non-option so i would appritiate if you staed more on subject of tweaking client/performance

(unrelated to previous quote)

my os is :
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (32-Bit)

I had frequent zone in crashes on my old machine with xp. Since upgrading to win 7 two years ago, I've not had another. Not much help to the op if he can't upgrade, but hopefully it helps someone else reading.

it used to happen to me every time I went into Red Fens or The Vale (via gate in the 12), but then I went from XP to Win 7 and it stopped.
    My demands are simple. Ducks, penguins and tortoises as pets. I'll buy hats and bow-ties for them all.

Quote Originally Posted by whitehawk74 View Post
    it used to happen to me every time I went into Red Fens or The Vale (via gate in the 12), but then I went from XP to Win 7 and it stopped.
    it has since been determined that more recent operating systems do resolve this issue alas i am unable to upgrade due to fianacial and ahrwdware limitations, also your post is not bringing annything new, please do at lest read last page before you post thanks.

The Hatchery

... unable to upgrade due to fianacial and ahrwdware limitations...
    People buy Windows?

64bit Windows in WOW mode (32-bit process) in most of time ignores exceptions thrown by application into kernel instead crashing the application. This may cause, that application silently recovers from the error. If devs are debugging client under Win7 64bit, they can simple overlook that error and everything can look great.

On A Sailing Ship To Nowhere, Leaving Anyplace...

i usually disconect when i leave:

Three Barell Cove's Inn, (only seems to be issue when i am in party)
    Zwabi Refudge,(only when there are no other players from party near exit on the outsside),
    Chains of Flame (via recall into Sands wildness area)

there are problems with this on other adventures too but these are ones where it is about 8/10

all of these are long term issues for at very elast 3 last updates, will turbine fix it soon? i mean new stuff is fine and all but how about making packs we DO happen to have allready stable?

Try this:

http://my.ddo.com/missing_minds/2012...d-crash-issue/

Pretty much fixed it for me. Follow the instructions to the letter.
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

Default thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganolyn View Post
    Try this:

you have my thanks, i will try it out and see weather it did or did not fix it.

it has since been determined that more recent operating systems do resolve this issue alas i am unable to upgrade due to fianacial and ahrwdware limitations, also your post is not bringing annything new, please do at lest read last page before you post thanks.
    ha! this is the internet, you must be new here.
    My demands are simple. Ducks, penguins and tortoises as pets. I'll buy hats and bow-ties for them all.

Default darn it!

Try this:

it was worth a shot but alas it dose not seem to work for my computer.

On A Sailing Ship To Nowhere, Leaving Anyplace...

it was worth a shot but alas it dose not seem to work for my computer.
    Are you sure you are booting up in the 3GB version? You have to choose at start up and it will not default to it, but rather to your original setup.
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

Are you sure you are booting up in the 3GB version? You have to choose at start up and it will not default to it, but rather to your original setup.
    yes i am sure i am booting the "3GB" verssion as indicated in the helpfull text, game dose very strange things under this modified verssion tho - it refuses to start because it can not detect graphicall card (wich has nothign to do with this process so what the hell?!).- obviously eror that did not happen and dose not happen uider normall circumstancess (the usuall bootup)

Default probably solved it

previous post that this one is replacing is void now that the the game ressumed crashing.
    i am however convinced that it has to do with sound at this point - graphis do nto do annything weather i have highest or lowest game still crashes after ~45 - 120 minutes after logging in.

thanks turbine your unhelpfull responcess leave me no ther choice but to suspend my gamming untill either you fix it or by some miracle i come across extreemly cheap MB+RAM+CPU+OS (and possibly - depending on power requirements - a power supply box)
    Last edited by James_Blood; 06-07-2014 at 12:02 PM. Reason: VOID information