Default Does dungeon difficulty affect treasure spawns?

If I e.g. run The Claw Of Vulkoor on normal vs hard vs elite, does one difficulty vs the other have a better chance if spawning, say, cacophonic verge in any one chest?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Principle View Post
    If I e.g. run The Claw Of Vulkoor on normal vs hard vs elite, does one difficulty vs the other have a better chance if spawning, say, cacophonic verge in any one chest?
    generally speaking, yes, higher difficulty = higher drop rates

you will also get a higher level of random loot-gen as well

there are exceptions to the rule, but they are uncommon
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Quests produced before Mindsunder - named items have the same drop rate on all difficulties except Casual. Random lootgen items are higher minimum level (and so potentially better) on higher settings. Some exceptions (raids mainly, Tomb of the Wizard King) which follow the post-Mindsunder system.

Quests produced after Mindsunder but before Druid's Curse - named items generally drop with higher drop rates on Hard/Elite.

Druid's Curse onward - Same drop rates, but stats and min levels on named items scale with difficulty setting.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

I was under the impression that for non-raid quests, especially older quests, named loot drops were almost entirely unaffected by quest difficulty. Some relatively newer quests have exceptions, and some newer quests may tie named loot drops to difficulty. Examples are Mindsunder, which gives better chance for named items from its "Special" end chest on higher difficulties, the Druids Deep pack which obviously gives different named items depending on difficulty, and places like Acute Delirium and the Tide Turns that simply offer more end chests for higher difficulties.

Raids, however, *always* give better chances at named loot at higher difficulties (notwithstanding epic... I think elite might actually give better drop rates that epic normal, but i cannot confirm that).

In trying to find a legit answer to this question, I've found a 2 year old post from Sirgog claiming that any content Pre IQ is unaffected by difficulty (excluding raids), and all content post IQ is affected by difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Principle
    Depends on the quest. For your particular example you would have the following change to get a Cacophonic Verge from each chest that could contain it (the 2 chests in Prince Gornard's room):

Heroic Normal - 4%
    Heroic Hard - 8%
    Heroic Elite - 12%
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    Depends on the quest. For your particular example you would have the following change to get a Cacophonic Verge from each chest that could contain it (the 2 chests in Prince Gornard's room):

Heroic Normal - 4%
    Heroic Hard - 8%
    Heroic Elite - 12%
    How did you calculate those numbers? Is it standard 4% straight up or affected by item level (?) or some such thing?

Oh, and I've completed this quest (claw of v) on hard. Will it affect caco verge generation if I go back over and over on, say, normal trying to get this own to pop?

Oh, and I've completed this quest (claw of v) on hard. Will it affect caco verge generation if I go back over and over on, say, normal trying to get this own to pop?
    The answer is yes and no. Each time you would run the quest would be like rolling a new dice, each result will be independent of the last result.

Here are the caveats however
    1) If you run a quest too often in a short period of time then you will 'ransack' a chest. This will lower the level of loot from the chest and ultimately result in no loot being generated from the chest. You would then have to wait for the ransack timer to have the chest replenished.
    2) Some quest chains can be run a multiple of 3 times after which you will see all the named items from the chain end reward show up in the end list. Your wand, however, is not part of that list, and you are only talking about running one quest out of a chain.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
    The answer is yes and no. Each time you would run the quest would be like rolling a new dice, each result will be independent of the last result.

Here are the caveats however
    1) If you run a quest too often in a short period of time then you will 'ransack' a chest. This will lower the level of loot from the chest and ultimately result in no loot being generated from the chest. You would then have to wait for the ransack timer to have the chest replenished.
    2) Some quest chains can be run a multiple of 3 times after which you will see all the named items from the chain end reward show up in the end list. Your wand, however, is not part of that list, and you are only talking about running one quest out of a chain.
    What is the duration on a ransack timer, typically?

BTW, got my dampened caco verge last night! Ran it three times. My guildmates are awesome, btw.

To continue the luck streak, the golden pearl collector gave me a token of vulkoor on the first try. Yes!

And thanks to everyone for the help provided here! This is a great forum. : )

Never mind, DDO wiki says seven days. Assuming that's still accurate info, of course.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Ransack

How did you calculate those numbers? Is it standard 4% straight up or affected by item level (?) or some such thing?
    The numbers are set per chest (per treasure table) by developers. There are a few people now that know how to find the treasure tables in the client files (yes, there's a local copy), but in the past people have also derived droprates just from opening chests a bunch of times.

Seven days from the first time you open a particular chest while the ransack timer is not active for that chest. If you open a chest for the first time in awhile at 7:00PM Monday, the chest timer will reset 7:01PM the following Monday regardless of how many times you open the chest (or don't open the chest) in the intervening period.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Ransack

A related question: I read something that said 3rd-time completion of a story arc
    is supposed to give you a much better chance at picking named loot. Is this just
    for end-reward named loot, or any named loot from the chain arc? Are only
    certain arcs affected, or have all of them been revisited?

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentMage View Post
    A related question: I read something that said 3rd-time completion of a story arc
    is supposed to give you a much better chance at picking named loot. Is this just
    for end-reward named loot, or any named loot from the chain arc? Are only
    certain arcs affected, or have all of them been revisited?
    that depends some quest/raids will give you an option to select named loot after 3 completions best example is Dreaming Dark and its Ioun stones, others you have to complete the chain to get named items perfect examples of that are catacombs, deleras, and Water Works.

But others particularly P2P raids : Revers Fate, Shroud, Tower of Despair, Demon Queen, and a few others you can Pick a Named Item, tome, or Ingredients on your 20th completion, others you just get a named item every run Chronoscope is the only one like that(that i can think of) but just remember in the past few updates they added a completion ransack for quests which IDK but I know the Druids curse quests has them.
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio