Default Friends List wiped clean?

So, i logged in earlier and noticed that my friends list has been wiped clean(no names at all). My initial thought was that it needed some time to repopulate, similar to ship buffs but I've been online for over an hour now and it's still empty. Anyone else have this problem? Do I just need to wait longer maybe? Not a big deal I suppose but it's a nice feature that I wouldn't mind having back.

Just to be sure: You did check to see if Show Online was checked or Not right?

Community Member

I can't say for certain in your case, but in the past when this has happened it has been fixed after a relog for some people. When I logged in my friends list was fine but it was not right after the server went live. Things to note would be is it the same for each character or just one? If you have done an export there is a way of getting it back I believe although someone else with more techie knowledge would have to answer that one.

Default I noticed this after last downtime too but...

It will repopulate. Re-logging has nothing to do with it. The first time it happened to me, I freaked and logged onto several different toons to no avail. But, it eventually re-populated
    Thelanis: Vioxxx. Ravyn. Sykotik. Fuggly. Malefic. Blackndecker. Alchemyst. Twotone. Devient. Xeric. Alterboi. Taiping. Pickit. Arcanjel, et al.

Its not how you play the game but if you're gonna play the game to win!

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Just to be sure: You did check to see if Show Online was checked or Not right?
    lol yeah I made sure. I even checked it and un-checked it to be certain. It seems as though it's only a display error as I have typed in the names of some friends that I can remember and it says they are updated rather than added and then there name shows up. I just can't remember everyone so hopefully it will fix itself. Good news because I thought maybe U16 had changed everyone into kobolds and they still hates me. XD

I will try re-logging a few times and see if that fixes it. Also, it's all my characters, not just one that this is affecting.

Exclamation

Uhm...
    u do realize that there is an IMPORT and EXPORT function on le Friendslist?
    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

Default thats not what his problem is

Quote Originally Posted by Kawai View Post
    Uhm...
    Its a timing/repopulating issue. Some have it some dont. It depends on how soon after the update/hotfix you log in and jump on a toon.
    Thelanis: Vioxxx. Ravyn. Sykotik. Fuggly. Malefic. Blackndecker. Alchemyst. Twotone. Devient. Xeric. Alterboi. Taiping. Pickit. Arcanjel, et al.

Its not how you play the game but if you're gonna play the game to win!

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

Just curious .. did the squelch list get wiped as well ? Not sure what would be worse to lose ... friends or squelch list?!

Community Member

This issue resolved itself for a guildie without any trouble it just took time. Turbine has said before that it does take time to repopulate things like airships after an update, and so it seems friend lists too judging from experience. From what you have said then the list is there, you just can't access it yet. I wouldn't worry about it until at least tomorrow...

Again, I don't think the lists are wiped, not everyone can access them immediately, so that means the squelch list should be OK, although I'm not sure where to check that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawai View Post
    Uhm...
    Yeah I do realize that, even I have never exported my friends list so it won't work for me. Anyway, it seems that it's just a matter of waiting so I'll give it a few more hours and see if it comes back. Thx for the replies guys/gals.