Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    This is the guild officer/leader's own fault.

Don't use the guild chest to store valuables. Use it to pass on stuff that you are already accepting that you will get ZERO for it. Basically, treat it like a recycle bin. As it stands right now, the regular guild chest has no access restrictions.

If you want a cache to store valuables in, then get the officer's chest, and don't promote everyone to officer.

Also, be a little more stringent on who you recruit. If you're going to pick up just about anyone with no prior play experience with the guild, then don't have a guild chest if you want to keep good items in it.
    All this common sense is making my brain hurt!!!!!
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Community Member

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a strong, beautiful Cannith Guild ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no chest thief ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Community Member

Well, I've intentionally stayed out of this thread just to see how it goes.

It is **NICE** to see how people are **SO** worried about our guild and our guild chest. Thank you for your concern.

Honestly, the guild has been around since 2001, survived multiple games, and we are currently doing better than ever. I think we are quite happy with how we are doing. The guild chest is honestly an exchange system enjoyed by some of our newer players and I would stretch to say it didn't have more than 25k plat worth of stuff in it. I'm just guessing, because I personally hardly ever look. People in the guild like it. The game is for fun. While it isn't the most exciting amenity, I think it adds some happiness to the guild.

We are actually not particularly upset by the theft. I really just created this thread to just let other guilds know as simply a public service. Thanks to everyone who decided to volunteer their opinions regarding the chest. I suppose there might be a guild out there which might find it useful.

Based on the number of PMs I've received, I'm happy to hear that this thread was useful to at least some people on Cannith. Anyone who requested names got them in their PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    P.S. Personally I wouldn't get worked up over a guild thief. I think the chest is a great canary that helps weed out those bad apples among recruits.
    Yeah, agree on this count. The chest serves as an easy way to find a thief before he actually steals anything valuable.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Community Member

Default heres another

Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    It seems we have one too. Of note, there was one on Argo about a month ago: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=395424

The person used a level 7 character (perhaps a Vet 2) and applied to our guild. Within a few days stripped our guild chest clean. We were able to investigate it and catch the person red handed (or as red handed as is possible in this game) when he did it again. I'm simply using this as a PSA warning to other guilds on this server.

You can PM me for the name, but I doubt it will be useful, since I presume the person will just create another level 7 character with a new name.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the game.
    ki---------me..<edited....cannith server...emptys guild chests
    Last edited by meatbeat24; 01-03-2013 at 11:16 AM. Reason: might get in trouble

guild chests are the best way to add drama to a guild ...and relativly cheap for the amount of drama they cause

Quote Originally Posted by meatbeat24 View Post
    cannith server...emptys guild chests
    Taking things from the guild chest doesn't break any rules.

Your post above however does break forum rules.

/reported
    Last edited by Gkar; 01-03-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Community Member

Default ye it does

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post

/reported

it does wen our guild rules are not looting guild chest and this was stated in guild message....thanks for askin..

seeem kinda odd you would stand up for a theive

it does wen our guild rules are not looting guild chest and this was stated in guild message....thanks for askin..

seeem kinda odd you would stand up for a theive
    Pointing out that your post is in violation of forum rules isn't quite the same as sticking up for anyone. Mentioning another player by name in a negative fashion is against the rules of this forum.

Community Member

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Pointing out that your post is in violation of forum rules isn't quite the same as sticking up for anyone. Mentioning another player by name in a negative fashion is against the rules of this forum.
    in that case...i apologise...i didnt know that was against the rules..as u can see...im new to this

in that case...i apologise...i didnt know that was against the rules..as u can see...im new to this
    No worries - just letting ya know.
    And also letting you know it might be wise to edit your post above with the name in it before a Mod has to do it, and likely dish you out a warning for it.

Some particular rules on this forum, so just spreading the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post

/reported
    So you decided to re-post it in a quote? Brilliant.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12