Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    I'm afraid I don't have any information regarding possible upcoming changes to Cannith Crafting- that's the domain of a different designer, the one who originally made the system and still works on it.
    It was recently updated with shards that can be put on a wider selection of items, though.
    As it happens I was also referring to epic augment slotting, which you'd mentioned at one point poking at a bit.

That being said, on cannith in particular, I'd urge you to have a discussion with the individual in question, particularly in regard the side-effects you've (inadvertently I'm sure) exacerbated in terms of comparable ML generation on weaponry itemization, shard level changes putting a few combos in the 'never able to be remade' category, as well as certain exploits introduced by certain mutation category changes which I won't elaborate on here.

I also have to say I find it more than a bit disturbing that it would seem there's no particularly consistent investment->output philosophy in place at present. At least not one that I can see.

Community Member

The better drops is quite a smart idea on Turbine's part. I mean we will need even MORE backpack space, bags, etc if we are picking up items left and right from crates and barrels in quests.

Maybe potion bags, spell material bags, etc are the next new things coming to the DDO store.

Quote Originally Posted by peng View Post
    The real question is whether tomes can drop from breakables .
    Even if they don't it would be a fun rumor. Might get more people going after Ransack

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Even if they don't it would be a fun rumor. Might get more people going after Ransack
    They have for quite some time, at least 3 years.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Community Member

I am surprised nobody commented on this +4 wisdom tome dropping from a breakable in an Epic Elite Stay at the Inn quest . It was in a box close to the last room. The rogue who broke the item was a real gentleman who showed some class, by putting it up for roll. He won the roll which was justice. The rogue could likely have ninja looted the tome and nobody might have noticed.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I am surprised nobody commented on this +4 wisdom tome dropping from a breakable in an Epic Elite Stay at the Inn quest . It was in a box close to the last room. The rogue who broke the item was a real gentleman who showed some class, by putting it up for roll. He won the roll which was justice. The rogue could likely have ninja looted the tome and nobody might have noticed.
    lol, so that means the top level loot is in the breakables. Hard to tell if loot gem/loot bonus was responsible for it being level 27+ (instead of 26 because presumably breakables are not HIGHER level then the quest level), but that is annoying news indeed.

That means that ninja looting really will become a drama point again.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Well I don't know if I am gentlemen but I am fair to just loot something like that would be pretty damn ****** for someone to do. My first thought was no way I am gonna just scoop that up without letting the rest of the party know and put it up for a roll. Karma did it's part and I won the roll which was sweet it was an unbound tome too. I was running the same quest a few hours later and from the exact same crate on EH a +6 Dynamo Greataxe of Superior Bloddletting dropped and this jerk wizzy(name ommitted) just run and grabbed it as I was asking if anyone wanted it.I got to add a new person to my "friends" list. I called them out on it and they wouldn't even reply acting like it wasn't them.
    Lag it's what for dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by sugrcain View Post
    If this isn't shopped, my heart just stopped a bit.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sugrcain View Post
    An image
    Mind. Effing. Blown.

Great,now I regret that I tred before u16,could have been farming tomes.

I got a +3 str tome from a crate yesterday on the last quest on the new Harpers chain. That was on normal.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Since it is unbounds dropping, I would say pick it up and offer a roll later. That is the way open looting used to be on the social end.

i was all excited to come in and show my awesome breakable drop , then I saw that +4 tome.

Move along , Nothing to see here

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Breakables were boring. There was little reason to bother with them in most quests, since you could earn XP more efficiently in many cases by ignoring them, and thus completing the quest faster.

Making them able to drop items appropriate to the quest CR will make them more relevant for some players.

TLDR version:
    More fun.
    Running around breaking boxes does not add to the excitement or challenge of DDO.
    Hell there is a quest that is the only thing you do and I don't find myself running it.
    It brings back ninja looting and pug problems where players are spending more time
    looting instead of helping the "team" out. Hell last night while I and another player
    were killing the boss and his cronies 2 other players were busy looting the chest already......thanks guys really.....can we keep away from this kinda of upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by verad View Post
    Running around breaking boxes does not add to the excitement or challenge of DDO.
    Hell there is a quest that is the only thing you do and I don't find myself running it.
    It brings back ninja looting and pug problems where players are spending more time
    looting instead of helping the "team" out. Hell last night while I and another player
    were killing the boss and his cronies 2 other players were busy looting the chest already......thanks guys really.....can we keep away from this kinda of upgrade.
    So because you were running with a couple of tools , breakables shouldn't get an upgrade?

Failing to see any logic here.
    Just someone who can't do anything but complain about everything.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by verad View Post
    No one is forcing you to break them, it's another option to chests.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234