Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    YourDDO Creator
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Team Turbine 2015 Mo-Bro

I'm going to keep smashing crates until I get LDS's and FRDS's to fall out of them... j/k... but wouldn't that be nice???

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Breakables were boring. There was little reason to bother with them in most quests, since you could earn XP more efficiently in many cases by ignoring them, and thus completing the quest faster.

Making them able to drop items appropriate to the quest CR will make them more relevant for some players.

TLDR version:
    More fun.
    I think you are wrong on this, it depends on the quest but many times getting breakables is worth it. Especially when you have an extra people who don't make the quest go any faster (too many chefs in the kitchen), we assign them to breakable duty.

2 ideas:
    How about consider power-ups from breakables for example scaled down versions of the challenge power-ups. Or a regen system similar to diablo 3; red orbs giving small health regen and blue ones for sp. I would suggest only health regen though.

Community Member

I have a friend that got a +3 tome from a breakable in the new content yesterday.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indoran View Post
    I zerg and on certain quests I smash breakables... you sir speak without knowing!
    Yep, anyone that doesn't break the breakables in heroic/epic jungle of khyber has no idea how easy that extra 15% xp is. I don't bother in wiz king because there are so many rooms I will never go in.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I have a friend that got a +3 tome from a breakable in the new content yesterday.
    SS or never happened :P
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Erp! Say who to the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilia View Post
    SS or never happened :P
    Amen. Now I'm going to be smashing stuff all over the place ...
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by Indoran View Post
    I zerg and on certain quests I smash breakables... you sir speak without knowing!
    Maybe not, but comment was based on the post I have read by most Zergers ( XP per minut an all).

That being said, I was actually farming favour when +1 Halfplate droped from a barrel I broke, it wasn't untill the 2nd item ( a +1 Dwarven Axe of Lesser Reptilian Bane) dropped that I really started paying attention.
    Where is my GREATBOW???

Do you know which quest, I think we need to keep a track of this type of thing.
    Where is my GREATBOW???

We can hit a lot of breakables early in Cannith challenges. Seems like a decent place to farm plat and get a chance for something decent, and provides the opportunity to set level.

Community Member

In the spirit of being negative I just have this to say.

This change COMPLETELY NERFS HORC'S DRAGONMARK!

Could we have a change to the Horc Dragonmark please? I mean, it's just a waste of time.

Oh, and this is totally a joke post (Hence all the smiley faces).

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by countfitz View Post
    In the spirit of being negative I just have this to say.

This change COMPLETELY NERFS HORC'S DRAGONMARK!

Could we have a change to the Horc Dragonmark please? I mean, it's just a waste of time.

Oh, and this is totally a joke post (Hence all the smiley faces).
    This would actually be chance to make that ability more useful. Have it "increase the level" of loot that drops from the breakable.

[QUOTE=goodoldxelos;4765892]I think you are wrong on this, it depends on the quest but many times getting breakables is worth it. Especially when you have an extra people who don't make the quest go any faster (too many chefs in the kitchen), we assign them to breakable duty.

Ok now I resent that there is only one chef on Kyber I don't know what server your on but leave me out of this
    -Proud driver of Cheffie,Cheffel,Cheffr,Cheoff,Chefb,Chefo and well you get it toons named chef on Kyber -
    The Unofficial Official Hoarder of Kyber "Im not full I just have not grabbed that heroic deeds yet because I need to organize my backpack for it"

I noticed this and thought it was really cool after I found a docent and a shortbow. Seems like a cool change to me.

I think this is just a marketing scheme of the Board of People Who Like Ransack Bonus.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    This would actually be chance to make that ability more useful. Have it "increase the level" of loot that drops from the breakable.
    I'm sure there's tons of people around who like to just do breakables in DDO while leaving the boring part of killing monsters and completing quests to other people.
    Proud member of Trolls' Lair in Argonnessen.
    I play Iioi, Iioo, Iiio, Feira, Shrtguy Stabsalot, Eisiishai, Havesword Will Travel, Hjeelmee Nao and Kesib.

I got a really nice bow from a breakable yesterday,

+2 Icyburst Longbow of Elemental bane... I can hear the fire elementals trembeling!

As a side note probably the best bow I have from a level 9 quest ... in like ever.
    Where is my GREATBOW???

Default and now new loot drama.

~snip~ from another thread......

Partymember1-breaks barrel
    Partymember2-picks up +2 tome in breakable....
    Partymember1-Hey thats my breakable
    Partymember2-no its not i picked it up
    Partymember1-I broke that breakable so its mine
    Partymember3-says put the tome up for roll.. it belongs to the party
    Partymember4 stops questing and go back to the beginning to find other breakables
    Partymember5-whats a breakable?
    Partymember6-screw this I am going to solo farm breakables instead of questing with pugs. laters..

Drama ensues.....
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    ~snip~ from another thread......

Partymember1-breaks barrel
    Partymember2-picks up +2 tome in breakable....
    Partymember1-Hey thats my breakable
    Partymember2-no its not i picked it up
    Partymember1-I broke that breakable so its mine
    Partymember3-says put the tome up for roll.. it belongs to the party
    Partymember4 stops questing and go back to the beginning to find other breakables
    Partymember5-whats a breakable?
    Partymember6-screw this I am going to solo farm breakables instead of questing with pugs. laters..

Drama ensues.....
    I think they need to find a way so that when you break a barrel, crate, etc. that what ever item drops goes directly into your inventory, same way that items in Mabar, and Crystal Cove go directly into your inventory. that would solve any drama.

If it goes directly into you inventory then no one would know wether you got a +4 Tome of 25 CP... So no drama about puting an item up for roll!
    Where is my GREATBOW???

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmor View Post
    I think they need to find a way so that when you break a barrel, crate, etc. that what ever item drops goes directly into your inventory, same way that items in Mabar, and Crystal Cove go directly into your inventory. that would solve any drama.

If it goes directly into you inventory then no one would know wether you got a +4 Tome of 25 CP... So no drama about puting an item up for roll!
    You forgot epic scrolls...which they intentionally changed away from this ninja lootable style to this sort of thing also.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmor View Post
    Unless, as it works like all auto-drops, it goes into party chat.

And you have party members ranging crates while the rest are fighting enemies.

And threads about full inventories and making the auto drops stop.

Nope, it's fine as is.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast