Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Giant whiner

  1. #21
    Community Member kelly171717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    peterborough Canada
    Posts
    108

    Smile u got it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Thank you son, you know, you gotta be patient with us old gamers who are missing flawless sight
    Respect for elders is paramount in life. I think if you wanna avoid a mistake ask an older person cause chances are

    they have already been there done that and figured a way around, through ,beside, or whatever.

    The vets with patience are why i still love this game and play everyday. Thanks again

  2. #22
    Community Member kelly171717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    peterborough Canada
    Posts
    108

    Smile u got it

    Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Thank you son, you know, you gotta be patient with us old gamers who are missing flawless sight
    Respect for elders is paramount in life. I think if you wanna avoid a mistake ask an older person cause chances are

    they have already been there done that and figured a way around, through ,beside, or whatever.

    The vets with patience are why i still love this game and play everyday. Thanks again

  3. #23
    The Hatchery vVvAiaynAvVv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    I HATE that idea. It destroys the cooperative nature that raids generally have. This will be particularily harmful to more casual players who may never run 20 raid runs on one raid on one character ever.
    Did you read what I wrote.....it has the potential to actually help a casual player to get a named item they want faster......it would really depend on how extreme the Devs implemented it.


    Scratt for president!!!!

  4. #24
    RangerDangerGrrl Kawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    At you. Not 'with you'.
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vVvAiaynAvVv View Post
    Did you read what I wrote.....it has the potential to actually help a casual player to get a named item they want faster......it would really depend on how extreme the Devs implemented it.
    Yes, he read it.
    Or he wouldn;t have replied.

    I read it too.
    i think its good idea? with bad outcome.
    Luv our devs. Luv this game!
    But... can u trust at this point for the above to happen in any good way?
    ~Especially with an "extreme" change?

    ...hotfixes would rain down for many moons...

    -head-desk-

    >ow<


    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

  5. #25
    Community Member Mrsquirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelly171717 View Post
    ...Druid still rants about it and says"have fun putting it in your backpack"...
    In my time playing, i've found this to happen alot. People getting mad over other people rolling and such. Usually people with only one toon, not gonna TR, just gonna stay 32 point build forever. They will change their opinion in due time.

    Now if you want cry babies, try going to the pvp. You kill someone (the whole point of pvp), you'll get a 8 page tell, saying how gimp you are, how and why you should reroll, and about 10-20 swears. Very interesting if you want a good laugh.
    Khyber Toons - Mrsquirrel (Fighter) Level 25 - Doprah (Wizard) Level 25 - Alkahen (Cleric) Level 22
    Khyber Guild - Squirrel Terrorist Faction (STF) - Guild Level 57 - Leader/Founder

  6. #26
    Community Member Jay203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    ahaha, i feel the same when some non-trapper rolls for Tharne's Goggles
    but you don't see me whining about it
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

  7. #27
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,597

    Default

    Anyone that uses something that is boosted by Devotion and Healing Lore can benefit from these gauntlets - Cleric, FvS, Druid, Artificer, Bard, Ranger and Paladin.

    However, Eternal Faith can only be used by Cleric and Paladin.

    I have a set on my Paladin and while I don't wear them for self healing now (Gloves 30% amp > +10 more Devotion I can get by wearing these vs holding my healing stick), they are nice to use when I am healing others - thanks to Torc and Con-Op I can help heal party members between fights and this helps me use fewer SP doing so.

  8. #28
    Community Member kelly171717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    peterborough Canada
    Posts
    108

    Thumbs up perfect

    [QUOTE=Enoach;4768260]Anyone that uses something that is boosted by Devotion and Healing Lore can benefit from these gauntlets - Cleric, FvS, Druid, Artificer, Bard, Ranger and Paladin.

    However, Eternal Faith can only be used by Cleric and Paladin.

    I have a set on my Paladin and while I don't wear them for self healing now (Gloves 30% amp > +10 more Devotion I can get by wearing these vs holding my healing stick), they are nice to use when I am healing others - thanks to Torc and Con-Op I can help heal party members between fights and this helps me use fewer SP doing so.[/QUOTE

    This is the answer I was looking for. Perfect and thank you for explaining.

  9. #29
    Community Member Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    6,247

    Default Giant wiener

    ...that's what I thought the thread title was initially.

  10. #30
    The Hatchery vVvAiaynAvVv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    ...that's what I thought the thread title was initially.
    It could have just been mispelled by the OP......maybe your first glance was actually correct ......which makes me wonder what you were up to just before you read it

    Scratt for president!!!!

  11. #31
    Community Member Manatha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    ahaha, i feel the same when some non-trapper rolls for Tharne's Goggles
    but you don't see me whining about it
    Betting they're TRs running for rogue lives? Its my reason anyway! (also why Mana never hits pure healing build with druid and is a melee - with me pointedly telling people such. It hates the drama! Yes it does!)

    Anyway...

    Did you read what I wrote.....it has the potential to actually help a casual player to get a named item they want faster......it would really depend on how extreme the Devs implemented it.
    The current roll system has the same potential... I've put a lot of things up for roll and had it claimed - run steady with the same peeps (AKA a guild) and your chances at getting the stuff increases. Its not a guarenteed 4-5 items to distribute among 25 people, its a chance at everyone pulling a named item under our loot system which places it 1 up over some other games already. Yes there's a chance at getting skunked, but there's also a chance of a lot of good pulls (and the every 20th-run pulling something from the loot list is a boost they did that helps casuals regardless of drop rates in quests).

    Crying over loosing a roll for an item you didnt pull makes no sense to me. You got your chance off the rng, then a chance off a roll from someone else's pull. You get a chance at pulling the item per every raid member in the raid with you that doesnt want/need the item.

    If its bind or destroy you get 1. Total. Off each raid, yes, you up the chance of a named item... but you make it so the guy that has all his named items but is running to help a friend get theirs has no reason at all to go.

    Possibly creates a slower filling raid... errr.. dont like the idea at all.

    It'd have merit however, if a lot more named items dropped overall... but I dont see them often enough, seems they designed it so it'd be in your best interest to trade or roll out anything you dont need or won't use.
    Last edited by Manatha; 11-20-2012 at 06:36 AM.

  12. #32
    Community Member Boldrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    ...that's what I thought the thread title was initially.
    Just wishful thinking on your part Arkat.
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

  13. #33
    Community Member Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    6,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    Just wishful thinking on your part Arkat.
    Yes


  14. #34
    The Hatchery vVvAiaynAvVv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Yes

    That's just wrong

    Scratt for president!!!!

  15. #35
    Hatchery Hero Dark_Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Yes

    You are fooling no one, Arkat!


    That should be in the see who you're talking to...
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

  16. #36
    Founder Merrelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leander, Texas
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Loot passing has always existed in the game in one form or another. Some thought was put into it by the dev's, and they changed for good or bad what we have today.
    Can it be better? Who's to say. It seem's to me that the mechanic's we have now are pretty sound. It is more a social issue. How it is handled by a party vary's. My view is, my loot is my loot. Yours is yours. Play fair and have fun.
    Gum Shoe~Human RogueHackin Slash~Human Fighter
    Timkin~Human Sorc Aarone Stone~Human Bard
    Tarnaa~Human Cleric TipseeMcStagger~Human Monk/Ranger
    Alcaden~Human Stalwart Fighter

  17. #37
    Community Member Manatha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merrelll View Post
    Loot passing has always existed in the game in one form or another. Some thought was put into it by the dev's, and they changed for good or bad what we have today.
    Can it be better? Who's to say. It seem's to me that the mechanic's we have now are pretty sound. It is more a social issue. How it is handled by a party vary's. My view is, my loot is my loot. Yours is yours. Play fair and have fun.
    Exactly, and if I choose to put mine up for roll, you get more chances.

    If I remember correctly, the original loot system was picking who got it before raid and before you even killed the boss, then person(s) picked got the loot and everyone went home.

    Its been a long time since first release... and the raids were what killed a few of my friends playing at the time. If anyone remembers the raid system back-in-the-day better please do correct me. (It was actually my roomate *****ing about the way raid loot was done that caused me to avoid the game till F2P)

    This was pre-F2P mind you, when they first started doing raids. We have come a long way - and in a positive direction - since that release. Be happy with what you have and that it at least allows the trading at all.

    @Kelly171717
    Hehe. I thought I broke down the stats for it right on the first page.
    Last edited by Manatha; 11-21-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    Khyber Character: Main; Manathayria; Rogue making a circuit of paladin and other lives - yes I heal, but I expect a cookie when you don't die.

  18. #38
    Community Member Tuney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    The old raid system. You had a warded Chest and two wards. In most cases , the raid leader picks up the wards and opens the chests. You find out what 2 items you got for raid items. Based on what ever system you had , the raid leader would pass out the wards to the correct people then they'd try and loot the correct item they wanted.

    It was also in this period of time people could boot you from the group while in a quest/raid area. So there were some group of people who after they finished the raid if you weren't in the inner circle you'd never get a chance at the loot. I heard several different horror stories of different kinds.

    The other system which was closer to what we have but worse. At completion two randomly selected players got a ward to use on the warded chest and as the named loot wasn't bound to any one character. It caused just as much drama as the other method.


    While now we have the system currently in place , named loot on 20th completions for raids. If luck gods are with you , all 12 people get raid loot on a completion or get nothing.

  19. #39
    Founder Merrelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leander, Texas
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuney View Post
    The old raid system. You had a warded Chest and two wards. In most cases , the raid leader picks up the wards and opens the chests. You find out what 2 items you got for raid items. Based on what ever system you had , the raid leader would pass out the wards to the correct people then they'd try and loot the correct item they wanted.

    It was also in this period of time people could boot you from the group while in a quest/raid area. So there were some group of people who after they finished the raid if you weren't in the inner circle you'd never get a chance at the loot. I heard several different horror stories of different kinds.

    The other system which was closer to what we have but worse. At completion two randomly selected players got a ward to use on the warded chest and as the named loot wasn't bound to any one character. It caused just as much drama as the other method.


    While now we have the system currently in place , named loot on 20th completions for raids. If luck gods are with you , all 12 people get raid loot on a completion or get nothing.
    This is correct.
    Gum Shoe~Human RogueHackin Slash~Human Fighter
    Timkin~Human Sorc Aarone Stone~Human Bard
    Tarnaa~Human Cleric TipseeMcStagger~Human Monk/Ranger
    Alcaden~Human Stalwart Fighter

  20. #40
    The Hatchery Lehmu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vVvAiaynAvVv View Post
    Be gone with the passing system period.....yeah people have the right to play how they want...but one of evils strongest weapons is making something everyone wants but not something everyone can have.

    Yeah the people who whine are immature....but guess what...they are usually the ones who create the biggest problems too.
    You know, if people can't pass loot, there's very little incentive to have a full group for raiding. A big reason why some guilds have pug spots in their raids is that those pugs might put stuff up for roll if they don't need it. If that reason is taken away, there's little reason to group with different people than your own social circle as long as that circle can handle the content.

    IMO, some drama is always preferable to a lack of incentive to group.

    Tl;Dr: No loot passing -> less lfms.
    Proud member of Trolls' Lair in Argonnessen.
    I play Iioi, Iioo, Iiio, Feira, Shrtguy Stabsalot, Eisiishai, Havesword Will Travel, Hjeelmee Nao and Kesib.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload