Im very bad at writing guides for linux (i very rarely use teminal commands, and i don't know english that well...) but here it is, steps by steps what i did to run ddo on Ubuntu 12.04.1 x64 (all based on wiki: http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit)
Important, Remove: * from all: /*etc/, i dont know how or why... but when posting that 5 chars i always get forum error... so i puted * into it to avoid errors.
sudo apt-get install dchroot debootstrap
sudo mkdir /var/chroot
2) open /*etc/schroot/schroot.conf and eddit it, by adding at end following lines, and changing username and your ubuntu code name (ubuntu 12.04 is precise so no need to change that if u have that version).
Note: to edit /*etc/schroot/schroot.conf you have to have root privilege, i edited it by using nano but any text editor would be good too, i used command to open it:
When the file is open just add at end lines and save, nano is easy to use so there shuldnt be any problems.
sudo nano /*etc/schroot/schroot.conf
3) In next command one more time replace "precise" with your Ubuntu version, you can alsow change mirror site if u like but i don't think that is needed, that server has files for other ubuntus too:
sudo debootstrap --variant=buildd --arch i386 precise /var/chroot/ http://ubuntu.cs.utah.edu/ubuntu/
sudo cp /*etc/apt/sources.list /var/chroot/*etc/apt/
sudo chroot /var/chroot
apt-get build-dep wine
apt-get install git
8) Right now we are inside chroot, so "/var/chroot" is now "/" and u can't "go" outside the chroot at this terminal, so for commands at this point just open new terminal window, but dont close "chroot" one, we will be back to it in next point.
git clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine
- download and save patch in your (/home/your_user_name) directory, patch is from: http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=42169, after downloding change name for somthing that you will remember.
- Copy patch to /var/chroot/wine, go to source code and add patch to the sources with commands:
(change your_user_name and name_of_the_patch with appropriate names)
sudo cp /home/your_user_name/name_of_the_patch /var/chroot/wine
*close this terminal window and back to chroot one
patch -p1 < name_of_the_patch
9) In chroot terminal we go to wine directory and compile sources with comands:
* runing make will take lots of time... so be patient
10) exiting the chroot, to "normal" terminal
11) If u had ealier installed wine by normal package u should be good and no need to install it again, if u didnt had any wine version u have to install it outside the chroot with command:
12) go to pylotro > options and add: /var/chroot/wine/wine as wine program, for me that worked but i had low frame rate... so one more step
sudo apt-get install wine
13) We are adding to wine registry correct size of video memory. Wine folder in your home directory is usually hiden, but this time it was just: wine for me, eddit it by adding right registry key.
- open registry file with nano:
- add at end of file 2 lines, replace your_video_memoy_size with corect number e.g. 512 mb > 512, 1Gb > 1024,
And thats all what i did to run ddo... please have in minde that i trayed to be as much helpfull as i can but im not specialist in linux stuff