Post Good old fashioned game night.

Hello all,

I am looking to put together a static role-playing group for a classic one night a week get together. I play on mountain time and for now Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday nights work best for me. I usually play on Thelanis, however, I’m willing to consider rolling up a character on another server, potentially one where none of the members have existing characters.

I would prefer to start at level one (I’ll be a 28 point build on any server other then Thelanis) and to avoid using anything from outside of what is found during questing. (Basically, no Twinking from your capped characters, DDO store, or Auction House.) I am open to having it be a permadeath type group to give the quests more of a sense of danger, although I’m also open to the idea of simply not using resurrection shrines and hauling any dead bodies to the local cleric once the quest is over.

I would prefer it if each member would come up with a bio of some type for their character, in the tradition of the old pen and paper game. During the quests and possibly any prep time we spend before questing, I would like everyone to be in character as much as possible. As for the make up of the group, I’m not going to dictate what you should play, although I think it would be best if we could cover as many bases as possible.

I would be happy to discuss any ideas or preferences anyone else may have, but basically I’m just looking to put together a group for the purpose of simply having a good time playing the game as a team with other like minded mature people.

Cheers
    Last edited by DakFrost; 11-11-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Community Member

We are a Thelanis based Static Group and you might be interested in our play style.
    Our Party is currently level 6 and knocking on Level 7.
    If you have Vet status, Preparing from 7 will work, as will grind from 4.
    It's a long thread, but skim thru it to get a jist on how we think?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=362110

PM me if you have specific questions.

Thanks intruder, your group looks interesting, however I very rarely use a Mic and have run most of the content far too many times to be able to pretend to dungeon crawl anymore.

I do agree that the monty haul aspect of the game is a far cry from the old AD&D games I use to play, but I'm not really looking to emulate the old P&P. I'm really just looking to find a few people who have grown bored of end game and are looking to find some enjoyment in the game again without having to worry about grinding for the absolute best Twink gear.

Cheers

Community Member

Hello,i am not sure if you are still thinking of this idea or already got it running but i would be glad to join with you on this journey.

Hello Kreltis,

I haven't had much luck finding a static group and would be happy to discuss any ideas you have. Look for me on Thelanis on either "Likely" or "Chromeo" in game.

Cheers

Community Member

I'll definitely be hitting you up on thelanis rather soon,possibly today or tomorrow even if you do happen to be online.
    And i would be glad to discuss some ideas and maybe put something together

Community Member

^.^
    Last edited by kreltis; 03-12-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Ok, so it's been decided that we'll be rolling up characters on Wayfinder since it seems to be the least likely place anyone will have any existing characters.

We're still looking for a few more people to join us, so feel free to send me a tell in game (I'm usually on either "Likely"or "Chromeo" on Thelanis) or leave a message here.

Cheers

Community Member

Default Some add-on info

Hello to everyone checking out Dakfrost's thread we will be setting up a static group soon and we are still low on people,as it is it is just me and him and we would welcome anyone new or veteran to join us,here are some thoughts we had in mind for the static group you are always welcome and free to add in some more things and discuss ideas with us. (any idea's are welcome!)

Now to start off the server for this group will be wayfinder as dakfrost stated in a previous post since it is most likely no one will have any characters there and here are some small things we would like:Light roleplaying and heavy roleplaying is encouraged,now not to scare anyone off you do not have to roleplay at all it would just be nice to have that in the group,anyone willing to try out some light roleplaying go ahead makes it more fun for all of us,no zerging in quests we shall take our time have fun with he dungeons and explore every bit of it,experienced or not this makes it fun for all of us,no twinking hence the server choice,preferably no buying in the auction house but to be discussed,also it would be nice to share your loot with eachother only use the gear given by quests and rewards and things that brokers etc. sell to us level together because it is a static group and most of all try to have fun!

Now any questions can be directed in this thread to me or dakfrost,any questions are welcome and yes at the moment we are recruiting for more people,we aim to make this a fun experience for all that join (maximum up to 6 players we are half full now-Kreltis,Dakfrost,Zman67 still 3 slots open!) exciting for veterans and newbys alike,open to any suggestions as well and if you aren't sure you want to join because of some of the sings i wrote above,these things are subject to change we can always make things fun for everyone and make our static groups guidelines so that everyone enjoys them,have a good day everyone and hope to see you all in game!
    Last edited by kreltis; 03-15-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Count me in as interested in joining. I do have a toon on Wayfinder only lvl 7, but will not send any aid to new toon. I am comfortable with the rules laid out so far. Pm me or i will send a tell in game.

Sounds good Zman, I'm hoping to get this going by next week if possible.

If there is a specific class you'd like to play let us know. I believe kreltis wanted to play an Arti, but other then that I think it's wide open. I'll fill in any hole we have as I'm willing to play any class.

Cheers

Community Member

Actually i haven't decided on any class myself,i dont mind filling in as any class ^^.

Ok, well I guess we can try to meet up in game to discuss specific rolls. I'll be on periodically all weekend.

Sorry, unable to log on lost internet access. Hopefully get it back tomorrow. Cu online soon.

Community Member

What sort of time and day do you run? I think that I'd be interested in joining if you are still looking for more.

We haven't set a specific time or day yet and we currently have three people interested, you'd be the fourth.

I've rolled up a character on Wayfinder (Bonfire - 28 point WF Sorc) just to see what it was like. I'll be on Either Chromeo or Likely on Thelanis if you want to catch me in game.

Let me know what days/time works for you.

Cheers

Community Member

I just didn't get the reference to "Mountain time". Since I'm EU-based I was just after an indication of when that would actually mean, to determine whether its feasible to play when you are.

Ok guys, I'm going to set a tentative start date of April 3 around 8pm Mountain Time (UTC−7:00).

My Character's name on Wayfinder is Bonfire.

Cheers

going to be late hopefully not more than 1 hr

Hey there

Still looking for more warm bodies?

And forgive my ignorance, but what is UTC to GMT? Just wanting to see If I can actually play with you; I'm am in New Zealand, so GMT+12
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules