Thread: Fast healing

Default Fast healing

Looking at what to twist on my melee, I ran into Fast healing.

Healing spring I've known about (since you see others cast it on you), but I wasn't really familiar with Fast Healing. On the surface, it seems like a useful ability. But it is just so.... bad.

Does it really only trigger once a minute? If it went faster, it might be OK.

But as it stands, on tier 3 it only does about the same healing as a tier 1 Healing Spring. But while Healing spring only lasts for 5 minutes ("only".... 5 minutes is pretty good) it affects a whole party.

Am I missing something? Is it really that bad?
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raoull View Post

Healing spring I've known about (since you see others cast it on you), but I wasn't really familiar with Fast Healing. On the surface, it seems like a useful ability. But it is just so.... bad.

But as it stands, on tier 3 it only does about the same healing as a tier 1 Healing Spring. But while Healing spring only lasts for 5 minutes ("only".... 5 minutes is pretty good) it affects a whole party.

What you're missing is that Fast Healing is boosted by Healing Amp.

While it only ticks once a minute my Monk for example sees 120-180 HP returned.

My Druid with less Healing Amp gets about 60-90 ish (saves SP and Druids don't exactly get Sorc levels of SP).

Personally I swear by Fast Healing on all of my non WF, Non PM chars but then I invest in Healing Amp to make self healing cheaper.

It's nice to have while leveling in FotW. My light monk has all three tiers of it at the moment and routinely receives 150+ HP every minute, due mostly to his healing amp. While not the greatest source of healing, it takes some pressure off of my wife's FvS when we are together. It's "meh" but still useful while soloing.

As far as I know, hjealing spring is boosted by heal amp too and devotion.
    Heals party too and heal every 30 seconds can make a difference unlike fast healing imho.
    Or try twisting both for these 4 am, half asleep sessions
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Raoull View Post

Try it on a monk with 400%+ heal amp. Heal to full every min, yes please!

Hmm.. seems like Spring is simply the way to go. Insanely more healing (with just devotion 100, that's basically 100HP every 20 seconds, _before_ Hamp), and affects the whole party. Heck, if I wanted to twist 2 Tier1s just for healing, adding Illusion of Well being probably is better than the Spring/Fast Healing combo.....

Oh well. Maybe Turbine will buff Fast healing one of these days to at least compete with Spring, for now... I just need to grind out what it takes to get Spring.
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

dump Fast Healing and get ready to pick up the new T1 twist from Primal Avatar (being beta I can't tell if you can cast it on yourself as well...and of course, you need SP) --

Rejuvination Cocoon: Active (12 SP activation) (12 sec cooldown) (Empower, Empower Heal, Maximize, Quicken, Enlarge) (SR: no) Protect target ally with a shield of [90/120/150] temporary HP for 30 seconds. Heals 2d10 HP every 2 seconds while the shield persists.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

I enjoy fast healing on my pure monk.. though from what i've seen of the rejuvenation cocoon on lammania, i'd probably take that on my arcane archer monk & my freaky dragonmarked monk too.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.