Thread: U16 Nerfs

Default U16 Nerfs

So, as we all know U16 will reduce the exp gained for quests like House Dun'robar, but I got 2 questions about it.

Here's the first one - At what point will they nerf it ?
    And - Will the Houses Of Brokens Chains be the only nerfed quests ?

Thank you For sharing your knowledges!

Take Care and Good Questing!

Hossa/Hossaa/Hossy/Darrs/Darree/Darrye
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Your post confuses me. First you say that U16 will nerf House of Rusted blades. I'm assuming this is just speculation, though I wouldn't completely rule it out. Some evidence would be nice.

Second, you ask at what point they will nerf it. According to your first statement that will be in U16, so do you know that it is nerfed or just speculating again?

Third, you ask if House of Broken chains will be the only nerfed quest, but in your first two statements you're talking about House of Rusted blades. How can House of Rusted Blades be nerfed according to you, then you don't know when it will be nerfed and then the only quest nerfed is a different one.

A bit of clarification would be nice.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Indeed, maybe I should read again my post after before posting it hehe

I should of ask it like this : How will they nerf it ?

Kinda clearer now ?
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

So, if you don't know HOW they will nerf it, you obviously don't know THAT they will nerf it.

I can't see them doing it. They put a goal in the game that requires ~16 million xp more than simply capping (with the total xp to cap only being from a little under 5 million to a little over 7 million, depending on the TR), and no other way to attain that goal other than farming xp penalty capped quests or one sort or another. Nerfing one will just send us on to the next--or if they are really good at nerfing, just discourage anyone new from seeking the goal at all. And since that is what gives more power than any other goal, whether item or weapon or feat, denying people attaining the goal in any realistic manner will just kill the game outright.
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 11-11-2012 at 05:20 AM. Reason: inappropriate comment

Quote Originally Posted by bergeau09 View Post
    So, as we all know U16 will reduce the exp gained for quests like House Dun'robar, but I got 2 questions about it.
    We all know this? It's news to me, quote where you found this info please.

If you *know* that they are nerfing it how is it that you don't know how they are nerfing it? This seems to me like "a friend of a friend of a friend of mine said something that sounds like this change might be happening but I really don't know and I can't be bothered to look for more information or ask follow up questions to the friend of a friend of a friend so I'll go speculate but claim that it's common knowledge."
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Doooommm!!!
    Jyn... Kender... Thelanis

*Insert clever comment here*

Community Member

Default speculation

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought the two quests in question that you mention here have not changed on Lamania to what they are live today. Why is there any speculation they will change in U16 if they are the same on Lamania as the live servers today?

If the XP does change on these quests, or the quest "XP per min" is lowered drastically by the required completion of objectives or otherwise, then people will just start farming/saving other quests for the same objective of ED xp. Oh and by the way I'm sure a lot of people will cry foul because it is not exactly a small feat to cap out ED with these quests anyway, i.e.: its boring, takes many runs and hours of investment. Why make it even worse by nerfing these couple of farms?

Anyway, the only change I would welcome is a way to work through EDs without actually being in a destiny that has absolutely no synergy with your class/build. Even if it were considerably slower it would be more fun. Remember that word FUN devs, because that's what games are supposed to be. Working through Fatesinger ED on a barbarian is like preparing for Daytona with tonka toys, its not fun.....yes....NOT fun. Replace any ED with any unrelated class and you get the same thing.....NOT fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bergeau09 View Post

Here's the first one - At what point will they nerf it ?
    And - Will the Houses Of Brokens Chains be the only nerfed quests ?

Thank you For sharing your knowledges!

Take Care and Good Questing!

Hossa/Hossaa/Hossy/Darrs/Darree/Darrye
    RTFM on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    So, if you don't know HOW they will nerf it, you obviously don't know THAT they will nerf it.

I can't see them doing it. They put a goal in the game that requires ~16 million xp more than simply capping (with the total xp to cap only being from a little under 5 million to a little over 7 million, depending on the TR), and no other way to attain that goal other than farming xp penalty capped quests or one sort or another. Nerfing one will just send us on to the next--or if they are really good at nerfing, just discourage anyone new from seeking the goal at all. And since that is what gives more power than any other goal, whether item or weapon or feat, denying people attaining the goal in any realistic manner will just kill the game outright.
    Agreed. With the sheer amount of xp need in the game now, there's no sense in not having spots where it's easier to farm out. That's the way Turbine handles quests: some you run for loot, some you run for the story, some you run for XP, and some you run just because they're so deliciously awful. The alternative is balancing all epic quest XP to be equally as good XP/min as HoRB, and while that would be interesting to see, that's not the way Turbine does things.
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 11-11-2012 at 05:20 AM.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fefnir_2011 View Post
    Agreed. With the sheer amount of xp need in the game now, there's no sense in not having spots where it's easier to farm out. That's the way Turbine handles quests: some you run for loot, some you run for the story, some you run for XP, and some you run just because they're so deliciously awful. The alternative is balancing all epic quest XP to be equally as good XP/min as HoRB, and while that would be interesting to see, that's not the way Turbine does things.
    I thought tha XP nerfage is the way Turbine does things - see Challenge XP, which still has not come back up to anything useful, in spite of statements made by Turbine staff to indicate that it would (sorry can't find them at the moment, but I'm sure I did read it).

AJ

so about those xp nerfs guys....oh wait
    \
    Khyber: Tachikoma - Minniee - Oneesan - Ibuqi - Muddii -Tachee - Oneechan
    The Guardians of Golden Gold, because guarding golden gold is serious business

There is an I in panic for some people for sure.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.