Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Guild looking for potential.

Hi there, I'm Scar. I am the leader and co-founder of Obsidian Dragons here on Cannith. At one point in time, I had the pleasure to run one of the most elite raiding guilds on the server, setting server, and even world, record speed raid times, and being known to be one of the most successful/efficient guilds around. After myself and the other founders decided to take an extended hiatus from the game to play SWTOR, I arrange for a guild merger that would allow my guildies who would still be playing the game to continue to have the ability to raid and have a consistent player base to group with. Consequently, when I returned to the game a few months back, the guild community had taken quite an interesting turn, where there were no raiding guilds left, only a few of the old ones whom had shifted to a focus on tr'ing. Since then, only one guild has become an actual raiding guild here on Cannith. And because I am a a capitalist at heart (among other reasons), I'd love to start building back up what I once had and hopefully improve the server as a whole with some friendly competition.

So, I would like to find some individuals who would like to join me in rebuilding. I am looking for anyone who wants to run endgame content effectively and efficiently on a consistent basis, whether you do it now or not. I'm looking for those people who feel that this server has stagnated and are ready to do something about it. I am willing to show someone the ropes and teach newcomers more about the game if they have the drive to be a part of the elite players on the server. I want to find people that make this game more fun to play, because it really is the people that make an MMO. So, if you might want to be a part of this, please contact me, either in game or here on the forums. Help me make this a better game for all of us.
    Scarletdalia Windwalker-Air Savant, Syngh Nswing-Ultimate DPS Bard, Kaehlan Amnell-TWF DPS Completionist-in-the-making , Bloodraynne-Human DPS Fvs, Stiel Kaege-WF THF DPS/Tank.
    Leader-Obsidian Dragons, Cannith.

You'll soon find that not only your guild has changed, but the whole server.

GL with that anyway. I hope you'll make it!
    ~Miahoo all around!~

To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

Community Member

I'm not changed, so it can't be the WHOLE server!

There are plenty of good guys on Cannith, once upon a time Scar was able to manage building a powerful guild, maybe he can repeat it. Good luck and good questing/raiding, just be a little more tolerant with the new people around.

Therse are still other guilds raiding...
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

Community Member

To Mia, I agree wholeheartedly. It is the whole server, as one can see from the extensive 'Cannith Improvement Project' thread, and this is my way of trying to do something about it.

To Yalina, I meant that the community as a whole has changed, and yes there still are good people around. However, thank you for your support and I have been working on how impatient I can be, and that's one reason I would like to give some newer players a shot at learning to play at the level that I and many others I have played with have.

To Kenny, yes, there are other guilds still raiding, but none that can fill a raid completely with guildies and do it consistently like we used to do, as well as you guys at Templar did as well. Recently, most "guild" runs for the majority of guilds consist of 4-5 members, and pugging the last 7 or so slots. To me, it's just not the same, and that is why I am trying to make an attempt to find what I used to have in OD, as that was the main reason I came to love this game.

Thank you for your input guys, and see you in game.
    Scarletdalia Windwalker-Air Savant, Syngh Nswing-Ultimate DPS Bard, Kaehlan Amnell-TWF DPS Completionist-in-the-making , Bloodraynne-Human DPS Fvs, Stiel Kaege-WF THF DPS/Tank.

Community Member

The guild you seek to create already exists... JUNGLE LAW.

Quote Originally Posted by LVSammy View Post
    To Mia, I agree wholeheartedly. It is the whole server, as one can see from the extensive 'Cannith Improvement Project' thread, and this is my way of trying to do something about it.

To Yalina, I meant that the community as a whole has changed, and yes there still are good people around. However, thank you for your support and I have been working on how impatient I can be, and that's one reason I would like to give some newer players a shot at learning to play at the level that I and many others I have played with have.

To Kenny, yes, there are other guilds still raiding, but none that can fill a raid completely with guildies and do it consistently like we used to do, as well as you guys at Templar did as well. Recently, most "guild" runs for the majority of guilds consist of 4-5 members, and pugging the last 7 or so slots. To me, it's just not the same, and that is why I am trying to make an attempt to find what I used to have in OD, as that was the main reason I came to love this game.

Thank you for your input guys, and see you in game.
    So basicly Fortitude #2? full guild of ppl who are all from your guild no matter the skill level?
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyburns View Post
    So basicly Fortitude #2? full guild of ppl who are all from your guild no matter the skill level?
    Who are all those people from OD in Fortitude then because I only know of myself and 3 others that joined and lets not get into the skill level debate
    Cannith - ReizalRocks - Reizal - Reizals Cannonfodder - Reizala - Fortitude

Community Member

OP ignores Europeans, who have consistently been the best and most organized players on Cannith.

Reizal why didn't you join Jungle Law? It's either the reason no one will join OD2 or an affirmation of my fears that Harrycrumb is the most-hated Cannithite.

Enjoyed running TOD with templar folk (except forgetting meh boots in the cache and getting my WF ass banished when horoth was at 1% )

Enjoyed running TOD later with you as well, (WITH boots ) even as a fking fatesinger sorc, thx for passing me that telvis belt .

Done a few HOX/VOD (dunno why, ***** loot/xp and ****-easy), 2x von5/6, elite shroud, etc.

My experiences with raiding this life have been mixed. Mostly good groups, but less of them. Not many EE lfms, but plenty of ass-whooping EN/EH and hard/elite non-epic content. I wish there was a middle ground, or at least that EE had better rewards to motivate people to do that instead.

Communication seems to be down in a lot of cases...group leader not making islands for von6 and failing, not calling breaths, no one on eggs=wipe. No one giving instructions in HOX, almost failing a hard HOX with mostly lvl 25s. Melees not jumping out of blades in part4 shroud.

Some content can be steamrolled on EH but I think that has lead to people not working together, as it is not needed. Then, when it is, people just don't know how to do it anymore.

Anyway, I hope to see more inter-guild (and intra-guild!) communication and collaboration with raiding. The server isn't dead; it's like that drunk guy that passed out at the party and just needs a kick in the backside to get up and drink some more.

Community Member KutchemesTheDark's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by andepans View Post
    OP ignores Europeans, who have consistently been the best and most organized players on Cannith.

Reizal why didn't you join Jungle Law? It's either the reason no one will join OD2 or an affirmation of my fears that Harrycrumb is the most-hated Cannithite.
    Because he chose fortitude fortunately
    Cannith : Khakan ( Ftr ) - Ajattara ( Rog ) - Rigeell ( Fvs ) No guild, No Cry

Community Member KutchemesTheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sjiggie View Post
    Who are all those people from OD in Fortitude then because I only know of myself and 3 others that joined and lets not get into the skill level debate
    Mine is bigger than yours !!! :P
    Cannith : Khakan ( Ftr ) - Ajattara ( Rog ) - Rigeell ( Fvs ) No guild, No Cry

Community Member

@OP No ty.

Pyreal af Templar

OP doesn't ignore europeans I can say that for sure since I am one and belonged to that guild in the past.

Secondly I have to admit that Harrycrumb... no just no...
    Cannith - ReizalRocks - Reizal - Reizals Cannonfodder - Reizala - Fortitude

Community Member

an affirmation of my fears that Harrycrumb is the most-hated Cannithite.
    And yet my extensive collection of charts and survey data has failed to convince you...
    Gordy - A Tribe Called Zerg - Cannith
    Agordmil - Agordmils - Byoh - Crocodylia - Schrödingers - MooseAlert - Zufallig - Mooselicker
    Solo ToD (Arcane) no pots & My build

Community Member

Yo Agord(on Bombday), lemme pike some TRs, you lazy canuck.

On topic: I wish you the best of luck with your quest. I would be very excited to see a new super clan dominated da raid scene!

Nice to see some familiar names. One thing I really miss about DDO is its community (when low on drama, though I'm as guilty myself). Not sure I want to go back to the game, but then again, maybe, yes...

"Flagshipped!"

Community Member

Default blast from the past.

Good to hear from you futi. Been a long time. Would love to see you back on the game. Hit me up when you come back, we'll have to run some of the new stuff together and catch up.

Community Member

Default thank you

I just wanted to thank those of you that posted and also those that messaged me. Very positive feedback and a good amount of interest as well. I believe that I am finding exactly what I'm looking for. Just keep it coming. A few more guys and I think we'll have a solid core to start this thing.

... *burp*
    Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elghinn dal lil alust.

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast