I’ve been playing several different characters, trying to find what fits me best. I truly like to concept of a melee Favored Soul, but it does not really seems to “fit”. However, I’m only level 7 so I thought I would ask and maybe get some advice.
1) Search and spot: I’m a treasure hound; I love to find things and I can’t even search for hidden doors when I know I’m standing right in front of one. At level 10 I know I can get the spell “true seeing” and that could be a solution.
2) Armor and weapons: I’m not a real fan of S&B, although I know there is a time and a place. I’ve been playing my FS with THW and heavy armor; much better. But in a feat starved class, is this the best long term?
3) High level spells: Nope, not a problem having them, but the concept does not inspire me because I’m more of a melee guy. I know great spells will come in handy, so it’s not a negative.
What I like about FS:
1) The solo aspect: I’m just too busy in RL to be counted on in groups, so I will solo more than join a group.
2) Spells: heck, they do come in handy!
3) Not a “clicky” class: As a new player I like the idea FS are not too clicky. Maybe something you just get used to?
I’ve been playing a ranger/rogue, which is only level 5 or 6. I feel the FS seems a bit more solo-survivable. I’m also thinking of a monk/rogue concept, but I’ve not started one yet.
So, I know I just have a bunch of random thoughts, but I was wondering if someone had some ideas. Will the FS be a great option for me, or should I try other toons for now?
I guess it comes down to… I want a main character instead of making a bunch of level 4-5 toons. It’s time I press forward and see new things in game.
Thanks in advance!