Community Member

Default EE Don't drink the water melee solo [1 reentry] [paladin dps inside]

Probably not much of an accomplishment these days, but all the "tanking EE mobs - impossible" stuff in this thread:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=396170&page=4

made me want to see how my tank does against the yuan-ti.

Dragon was ranged (holy **** that thing has a lot of HP. If I hadn't been able to go AFK, I'd have given up, I think it took nearly an hour), the rest was pure melee.

I had to reenter because I foolishly burned all my boosts and haste clicky on the last yuan ti encounter and actually didn't have enough dps to outdps the last priestess'es self-healing (true seeing apparently doesn't help against concealment, and I kept getting stunned, none of which the first priestess did so I didn't expect it), so after 10 minutes I decided I didn't want to redo it and went to refresh those / pick up the +damage ship buffs. With that she died fast.

What surprised me the most was the fact that I was able to sustain my SP/self-healing with Torc+Conc Opp against the Yuan-ti groups (although I did have to be careful and keep repositioning myself so I don't get hit by all of them until they were down to 2-3).

Although as my much worse-geared wizard did it in 30ish minutes I wouldn't exactly call this a worthwhile endeavor.

Honestly I wished I had gone in as legendary dreadnaught. Tankyness+self-healing was more than needed while DPS was terrible compared to LD.
    Last edited by svinja; 11-09-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Community Member

I thought you said Paladin DPS? *** you doing holding a bow? ^_^

Gratz mate
    Quote Originally Posted by ProdigalGuru View Post
    Note to Self: Dear Self, I like you very much, but you are an idiot. Next time, check your facts. There is no point letting everyone else know you are an idiot. It might also help if you were to stop posting at 4 AM. Sincerely, Self

Very nice job. +1
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Awesome! Its not just a paladin, its a paladjinn!

...from the upcoming U16 patch 1:
    Paladins are now unable to use bows, crossbows, or any ranged weapons.
    Paladins now can cast spells while using robes or outfits. (Its not a nerf, its a buff!)
    Cannith
    Csodaszarvas
    Valyria - Hulkie - Sillymilly - Killberry - Silvyanna - Walour - Corgak - Thalrian-1

Community Member

reentry and afk autoattack ranged a stuck dragon! Gratz very uber.

Quote Originally Posted by ButtonClicker View Post
    Meleeing dragon is a pain in the ass: because the dragon has a lot of no save attacks and if you want to melee it selfhealing with silver flame pots it's almost impossible due to his slow effect. Meleeing dragon is far from fair in my humble opinion and ranging him is the right punishment for such bad designed encounter.

I've duo meleed dragon successfully twice with my friend uriziem, that pushing back thing, wing buffet and slow effect it's quite annoing if you trying to selfheal. It was a PAIN.

It is very nice to see that OP made it to dragon, that was the real challenge.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ButtonClicker View Post
    You can still show us how your Paladin solo the entire quest till dragon. Oh wait.

Very nice. Too bad for the reentry but nice job.

I solo'd this quest a long time ago but seeing as the dragon gets stuck getting to the small ledge and can be ranged while you have no chance of taking damage yourself I never posted it.

Though getting to the dragon through some large spawns of trash can be tough I wouldnt think clearing trash mobs as an achievment. We call them "trash mobs" for a reason!

However anytime you go in to any EE dungeon solo and beat the quest it takes skill and determination. So all in all well done on your solo completion, its not a walk in the park.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post

I solo'd this quest a long time ago but seeing as the dragon gets stuck getting to the small ledge and can be ranged while you have no chance of taking damage yourself I never posted it.

Though getting to the dragon through some large spawns of trash can be tough I wouldnt think clearing trash mobs as an achievment. We call them "trash mobs" for a reason!

However anytime you go in to any EE dungeon solo and beat the quest it takes skill and determination. So all in all well done on your solo completion, its not a walk in the park.
    Well, the "stuck" spot is now fixed in U16. For sure it will be much much harder to solo it, specially for a melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Well, the "stuck" spot is now fixed in U16. For sure it will be much much harder to solo it, specially for a melee.
    Agh good to hear. Yes it will be an actural achievment to solo it now (IMO).