Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Cool Calm spots to meditate

    As a monk, in a world getting really crowded as Stormreach, it is often too busy to concentrate on your daily meditation session, so that's why I decided to seek the calmest spots all over Stormreach to meditate!

    The calmest spot in harbor:


    The calmest spot in marketplace:


    The calmest spot in house deneith


    The calmest spot in house kundarak (can't be confirmed to be the calmest spot yet, but it's hard with all those loud dwarves!)


    The calmest spot in house jorasco (again, can't be confirmed to be the calmest spot)


    Now, this is combined with some kind of 'contest': The first one to get me a clear screenshot on one of these 5 spots gets a prize depending on what spot he found. There is one prize for each spot that has the screenshot.
    Also, this contest only counts for Ghallanda players since that's where I'm active ^^ But I thought reaching those spots was an achievement

    Marketplace: 1 LDS
    Harbor: 100k plat
    House Deneith: 25k plat
    House Jorasco: 10k plat
    House Kundarak: 10k plat

    Good luck :-)
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  2. #2

    Default

    k here we go:

    will not spoil all your spots but since marketplace is worth the most..:




    now I have a challenge for you, reach the following spot for 150k or a guest pass of your choice:

    There is a guide here on how to do it: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=387824&

  3. #3
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,833

    Default

    Pretty cool thread and idea!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  4. #4

    Default

    +1 Woot

  5. #5
    Hatchery Hero Dark_Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    I think you would feel calmer without that overgrown rat following you around, panting and slobbering all over the place as you try to sleep - er meditate.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post
    k here we go:

    will not spoil all your spots but since marketplace is worth the most..:




    now I have a challenge for you, reach the following spot for 150k or a guest pass of your choice:

    There is a guide here on how to do it: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=387824&
    Well done, and I accept your challenge, will try tht next time I log on (I got max speed, 40 jump, 2 leaps on different timer) but I guess you had already figured that

    Just a question, no need to prove it, since I'll believe you on your word, but do you know my harbor spot?
    Oh, and pls send me pm on forums including your name for your scale You've deserved it

    Also since u seem to be quite good at making those jumps, I think I figured a way to get on harbor waterfall but it includes one near impossible precision jump which I've failed over all my attempts but one, where I was too stupid to immeadeatly jump again and yeah, fail , and to be completely honest, I still don't know if the actual waterfall is invisi-walled
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Also, since u seem up for new spots, try to get into the water in BoB, then u can reach the edge of the water and drop yourself from Eberron



    Quick note, when u do this, u can't get up again
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  8. #8

    Default

    nice find on the BOB spot, didn't get that one yet

    I did get to harbor, ye can also get on the shipmasts, or rather in them.

    I do know that there is a good chance the top of the waterfall in harbor isn't invisiwalled, because people have gotten up there with a jump bug in the past.

  9. #9
    Community Member Ssdprref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    273

    Default

    There are two spots on the harbor.

    One is nigh impossible and the other, well you just need jump and haste and to learn how to do it.




    This one seems crazy when you try, you only need either wings or the monk jump thingy.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    There are two spots on the harbor.

    One is nigh impossible and the other, well you just need jump and haste and to learn how to do it.




    This one seems crazy when you try, you only need either wings or the monk jump thingy.
    These ones are rather easy IMO :P Because I already know higher places within range. I guess I could reach both spots without wings or jump thingy or anything

    Edit: The second one I mistook, will think about how reaching it but should be do-able IMO
    Last edited by keveniaftw; 11-14-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  11. #11
    Community Member Zenako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    8,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    These ones are rather easy IMO :P Because I already know higher places within range. I guess I could reach both spots without wings or jump thingy or anything

    Edit: The second one I mistook, will think about how reaching it but should be do-able IMO
    I know that there were a few spots in the Marketplace I was able to reach when those illusionists and their succubi are around and they pop that light gravity effect that I was able to land on that otherwise might be out of the question with normal boosts. I also found a few with those always annoying invis walls you mention.

    There are some REAL quiet spots when you land outside the boundaries in some zones. Did that in one of the Reaver's reach sections when I lept off the tall gnoll infested mountain one time and went "over the edge" to the quiet zone....
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

  12. #12
    Community Member Ssdprref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    These ones are rather easy IMO :P Because I already know higher places within range. I guess I could reach both spots without wings or jump thingy or anything

    Edit: The second one I mistook, will think about how reaching it but should be do-able IMO
    I never said you needed wings for the first one.

    You just need to know what to do and where to jump.

    The second one, go ahead. I'll love to see a screen shot.

    I reached it with an artificer on Exalted Angel sadly he's been TR'd.

    Edit: Also the ships' mast are good places and the Preacher Statue Ray.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    I know that there were a few spots in the Marketplace I was able to reach when those illusionists and their succubi are around and they pop that light gravity effect that I was able to land on that otherwise might be out of the question with normal boosts. I also found a few with those always annoying invis walls you mention.

    There are some REAL quiet spots when you land outside the boundaries in some zones. Did that in one of the Reaver's reach sections when I lept off the tall gnoll infested mountain one time and went "over the edge" to the quiet zone....
    mt. reysalon has been fixed since.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    I never said you needed wings for the first one.

    You just need to know what to do and where to jump.

    The second one, go ahead. I'll love to see a screen shot.

    I reached it with an artificer on Exalted Angel sadly he's been TR'd.

    Edit: Also the ships' mast are good places and the Preacher Statue Ray.
    Preachers statue ray is easy, wings not needed if you can achieve high speed, else, no speed but simply wings is enough.
    Ships' masts are ok.
    First one still easy
    Second one, I'll try it soon, but can't imagine not getting there if an arti can :P I'm faster, jump = equal or higher, and got 2 leaps on different cooldown so :P
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  15. #15
    Community Member Ssdprref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    Preachers statue ray is easy, wings not needed if you can achieve high speed, else, no speed but simply wings is enough.
    Ships' masts are ok.
    First one still easy
    Second one, I'll try it soon, but can't imagine not getting there if an arti can :P I'm faster, jump = equal or higher, and got 2 leaps on different cooldown so :P

    Again you misunderstood my comments.

    The only ones I posted are the only one I've seen just a few done them.

    Preacher's a joke, and so are the masts. I just included so people could know.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

  16. #16

    Default



    no skill needed, just featherfall. access point below:


    edit: just noticing the black u used, are you implying that its possible to get on top of the wall?

  17. #17
    Community Member Ssdprref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post


    no skill needed, just featherfall. access point below:


    edit: just noticing the black u used, are you implying that its possible to get on top of the wall?
    I don't want to sound offensive, but you just went full retard man. Of course I'm talking about the black label . . .
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

  18. #18

    Default

    then use a color people can actually see and put it on the right spot, because you cant get on the ledge below the top.

  19. #19
    Community Member Ssdprref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post
    then use a color people can actually see and put it on the right spot, because you cant get on the ledge below the top.
    You can, that you haven't done it doesn't make it impossible.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

  20. #20

    Default

    ok let me put it this way: screenshot or it didn't happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload