Community Member

Default Crafting Levels 149-150

Crafting in the top 2 levels are ridiculous! its cost me 3500 lessers to get 40 xp. We need more high end recipes nothing else give the xp needed to level at this point...Im level 150 150 149 and honestly looking back its really not worth it to go past 100.

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stonakai View Post
    Crafting in the top 2 levels are ridiculous! its cost me 3500 lessers to get 40 xp. We need more high end recipes nothing else give the xp needed to level at this point...Im level 150 150 149 and honestly looking back its really not worth it to go past 100.
    Thanks for the reality check. I'm 91/93/89 and it's been quite expensive. I think I'll stop trying to lvl.
    Why not invite your spouse to play?

Community Member

Honestly, I don't see how it could possibly be worth it to go past 140, since you can then attempt all of the shards. Seems to me that grinding 141-150 is just a waste of time and resources. And that is only assuming you want access to the flexible shards.

I kinda agree the xp requirements are pretty high around the 150'ish. I've only just hit 150 on arcane and thats with the +10 bonus for artificer, the others are in the mid 140's.

If it's worth it or not?
    I'm guessing it is worth it, but no need to rush. I'm fully expecting crafting levels to increase in the future and better shards will become available.
    Already having flexible shards is nice, and high level unbound crafting can net some nice plat (+6 unbound stat shards seem to sell well).

I've never spent plat on buying essenses, but getting to these levels has taken a lot of time.
    Pipot, Officer of Loot, Cannith.

Community Member

I found being in the 120ish range was good for me so far since I can do +5 Weapons, Burst effects and things like Melee or Ranged Alacrity when I need to. I only do +5 Stats unbound but then I rarely need to make those for other folks.

Most of the time I am making low level twink gear or weapons for TR trains in my guild. I am slowly levelling but going too much higher takes so many resources I don't put a lot of time into it. I sit down and craft for XP about once a month and that seems to suffice and at the moment that nets me a level or two in each of the types. Of course I burn through a hideous amount of essences it takes me about a month and funnelling all of my toons plus gifts from guildies to give me enough to make that worth the effort.
    Founding Member and Current Leader of Sword And Siren on Cannith
    Main Toons: Cerafim | GrumpyKuss | Thextor | Khrysti | RocHound | Artychoke | Buggzapper

Veni, Vidi, Velcro: I came, I saw, I got stuck

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    Honestly, I don't see how it could possibly be worth it to go past 140, since you can then attempt all of the shards. Seems to me that grinding 141-150 is just a waste of time and resources. And that is only assuming you want access to the flexible shards.
    Flexible shards are nice. I like being able to make everything in the system currently.

Still... the cost is pretty high, and I stopped crafting for xp once I reached 140 in all schools. Now I just gain xp when I decon, or make the odd item that still gives xp.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Community Member

For most players around 125-135 is all they will ever need.

Personally I think that it is not worth it to sell unbound shards. There is more profit in just selling the essences.

I suggest to all players that TR to at least get to skill lvl 35 so they can make shards of master craftsmanship.
    those are the most valuable things for a TR. I love having +6 stat gear at lvl9.

As for your problem costing a lot. It really doesn't. What it costs a lot of is purified eberrons. Your problem is that you didn't maximize your skill lvl crafting with boosters and xp pots and using the right bound vs unbound shards. The othe thing that you need to realize is that if you TR that toon, you will be able to craft all of those lvl 148-150 shards again at their base xp value.

I found it very easy to go from 130-145. Then took a lot of purified eberrons to get to 150. More than 150 of them. Also as stated above. Decon everything. 5 xp points per +5 enhancement will only take about 1 week to get a lvl. If you raid everysingle lvl 16- epic chest you see.

It's really expensive but your figures show more than what it costed me to get arcane to 150 (others are 140 140)

You really have to save some recipes for the last sprint to 150... use more the lower levels xp and save something for last....

Well in all honesty if I only needed 40xp I would decon 8 +5 items...

I must say that I agree... its not worth going beyond 100... We need more recipes now!
    Khyber: Pinel ip!140+ / Laerak 120 / Sibeli 80 / Kaeral 100 / Gilmara 60 - Crafter 150/145/145

There are only 3 reasons to get your crafting xp over 135ish:

1. You have OCD and having anything less than 150 x 3 is an affront to your sensibilities and will cause the world to end. (myself: check)

2. Flexible shards are awesome for TR’ing. If you spend a lot of time TR'ing than flexible shards make it worth it. (myself: check)

3. Hoping against hope that eventually when the moon aligns with Venus in the 6th house, Turbine will increase the crafting level cap and maybe allow us to craft the ever so overpowered “big 5” and then maybe all the better effects from the new updates. (myself: not holding my breath)

Just my opinion, yours may vary, but will probably be wrong if its different than mine.

Community Member

Crafting in the top 2 levels are ridiculous! its cost me 3500 lessers to get 40 xp.
    It may be an option for you to have a look at deconstructing. Deconstructing non-crafted items yields crafting experience in the respective crafting school, for example level 5+ enchantments yield 5xp, so it would have taken only 8 such items to earn those 40xp.

Tols.

Community Member

Tr.

If its that hard to gain crafting levels it means you have ground the xp from each shard down very low.

Tring resets this so all shards give max xp again.
    Vlyxnol / Ragedx / Marphist - Completionist of Legit
    "As a tank I feel that plate armor is necessary for my survivability but I also feel that other players need to see my belly button."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    2. Flexible shards are awesome for TR’ing. If you spend a lot of time TR'ing than flexible shards make it worth it. (myself: check)
    Yep. Heck, even if not TRing, flexi alacrity and heavy fort shards are worth it.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Eh, I'm happy going as high as I can. i'm at 120/120/120 now, and did it without spending money. I don't buy essences, I just decon evertying I would vender. Plat + essences, craft when I have a backlog, and don't sweat it. The numbers come more slowly than those throwing huge amount of plat at it, but I don't care to make that choice, and am okay moseying on up and increasing my plat stash for a real emergency like not wanting to grind events if I can buy my way outta it.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!