Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DDO Bonus Days!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Ahab View Post
    Hurray! I was planning on farming out several slayer rings and icy cloaks this weekend. Now I'll add some spare hands to the docket. Maybe even upgrade some wind bracers.

Glad they declared it from on high. If it were up to vote, we would never see any challenge boosts.
    If the challenges were more compelling to run, you wouldn't need the boost because people would be running them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    If the challenges were more compelling to run, you wouldn't need the boost because people would be running them all the time.
    You mean like having a developer go through and brush up the cannith challenge loot after it got nerf batted into an early grave? Including adding level 24 versions of the loot cause the epic challenges *are* level 21-25 content.

Or possibly make it where a level 21-25 character could get a decent return on the heroic level challenges?

Or possibly have the 1st time completions of each difficulty level grant extra XP so that the challenges become worth running through out a characters career?
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Community Member

Running challenges would be great....

.... if the double nerfed XP was un-nerfed.

Yep, I completely agree. But to be totally clear, they TRIPLE nerfed it. Yep, they adjusted the xp down three times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wernerus View Post
    Yep, I completely agree. But to be totally clear, they TRIPLE nerfed it. Yep, they adjusted the xp down three times.
    are you sure? I'm only aware of the double nerf

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    But there's always the group who loves it.

Who loves this bonus? Practically no one.
    People like me love it. People who run challenges to get mats. Until i saw the various xp nerf outrage posts, i had no idea that people actually ran challenges specifically to get xp.

Default Nerf bat

When folks say they don't have to give us anything that is totally wrong. Last time I checked I am a consumer and ddo is a product. If I don't like the product I don't have to purchase it or spend money on it. So if everyone didn't play for a while or didn't purchase anything then Turbine just might listen to it's player base (more than they do). But since everyone is addicted to playing the game I doubt anything will ever be addressed.
    Everyone is a Newb once, some just take longer than others! Please let the God of Turbine save the Favored Souls Enhancement lines!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

Whut are theez "Challenges" uf wheech u speek?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by Teelk_Jafffa View Post
    When folks say they don't have to give us anything that is totally wrong. Last time I checked I am a consumer and ddo is a product. If I don't like the product I don't have to purchase it or spend money on it. So if everyone didn't play for a while or didn't purchase anything then Turbine just might listen to it's player base (more than they do). But since everyone is addicted to playing the game I doubt anything will ever be addressed.
    That's part of the reason for the love you're not feeling in this thread - people DID buy it, then both material yield and xp were nerfed to the point Challenge value was being derived solely from a "compelling gameplay" judgment call.

Default Kinda....

Quote Originally Posted by Teelk_Jafffa View Post
    There is no *actually* product changing hands. We PAY for the *cough* *ahem* "privilege" to play THEIR (buggy/broken/laggy) game.

And...

That's....

It....

They don't have to give a S because we signed an agreement that told them they didn't have too.
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature".

I actually liked the challenge boosts when the challenges gave better XP. Now I'm just not motivated to re-run them like I was.

Yawn, Big deal. Fix the XP, then maybe people will run them again.

Right now they are a big Negative to ddo because of the nerf to xp & the poor design of the Eveningstar challenges rewards being BTC.

Challenges could have been a positive to the game. Not anymore. Fix it or just give it up

I still run the cannith challenges, and occasionally a guildie will get me to run an evenstar challenge.

While I run challenges for the mats and loot, I would like to see the xp fixed.

What I would like to see most is the ability to NOT collect ingredients in the evenstar challenges. They take up precious inventory space, and I have no use for them. Random items? Bound to Character? No thanks, I'll pass.

Unfortunately, I have to work all weekend, but I will be running cannith challenges when I can because of the boost. I may even put some non-rushmore lfm's up. I have to really like you to take you into a rushmore challenge lol.

Devs, while you are at it, please add a decent staff to the cannith challenges. Thank you for your time.
    Jyn... Kender... Thelanis

*Insert clever comment here*

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    There is no *actually* product changing hands. We PAY for the *cough* *ahem* "privilege" to play THEIR (buggy/broken/laggy) game.

And...

That's....

It....

They don't have to give a S because we signed an agreement that told them they didn't have too.
    Except that we can stop paying at any time (as many already did) so yeah, I think they have to give a S

Pointless bonus, with the massive xp nerf cannith challenges are just a blight on the game now and the only reason i bothered with the eveningstar ones is because the 5 stars are needed for 375 PDK favour.

Must say turbine you guys are getting really good at taking a great idea and just making an absolute mess of it, bet all those that paid for the challenge packs are spewing they did now
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12