Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Community Member Fedora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    587

    Default HORC Fighter minimal Kensai?

    I hope this hasn't been covered before, I didn't see much on the half-orc in the threads.

    I was kind of playing around with the CharGen today and wanted to see if a half orc fighter with only Kensai I was viable if he spent all his other enhancements/feat toward Two-Handed fighting and critical bonuses?

    I'm no expert, just a casual solo-er. I played for a few months back in 2010 and then just started back up a couple weeks ago. I was hoping someone with more experience could offer an opinion. Any thoughts, ideas, opinions, hints and feedback appreciated, even negative feedback. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Community Member Fedora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    587

    Default Update

    After looking over the build a little, I decided to eliminate Fighter Toughness 4 . This way I can work in Kensai 2. I just need to go back and select the enhancements at the most advantageous levels.

    Can any experienced players give me some advice?

    Thanks.

  3. #3
    The Hatchery Rawrargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    400

    Default

    if you're going pure fighter there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't take all three ranks of your prestige... If you really want help, try posting the build so far, I bet people will be willing to chime in and tell you what enhancements to drop.

    You haven't really given any info on the build, click the forum export button and copy paste it.
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

  4. #4
    Community Member Fedora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrargh View Post
    if you're going pure fighter there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't take all three ranks of your prestige... If you really want help, try posting the build so far, I bet people will be willing to chime in and tell you what enhancements to drop.

    You haven't really given any info on the build, click the forum export button and copy paste it.
    Thanks Raw, here is the build (please ignore the levels where the enhancements were selected, I did some changes after hitting level 20). No equipment or tomes were included.

    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.14.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Level 20 True Neutral Half-Orc Male
    (20 Fighter) 
    Hit Points: 438
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
    Fortitude: 16
    Reflex: 6
    Will: 5
    
                      Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats         Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 20)           (Level 20)
    Strength             19                 22                   26
    Dexterity            10                 10                   10
    Constitution         17                 19                   19
    Intelligence         10                 10                   10
    Wisdom                8                  8                    8
    Charisma              6                  6                    6
    
                      Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills        Base Skills        Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)          (Level 20)          (Level 20)
    Balance               0                  7                    7
    Bluff                -2                 -2                    0
    Concentration         3                  4                    6
    Diplomacy            -2                 -2                    0
    Disable Device        n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Haggle               -2                 -2                   -2
    Heal                 -1                  0                    0
    Hide                  0                  0                    0
    Intimidate           -2                 -2                    0
    Jump                  5                 11                   11
    Listen               -1                 -1                   -1
    Move Silently         0                  0                    0
    Open Lock             n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Perform              n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Repair                0                  0                    0
    Search                0                  0                    0
    Spot                 -1                  0                    0
    Swim                  4                  8                    8
    Tumble                1                  1                    1
    Use Magic Device      0                  9                    9
    
    Level 1 (Fighter)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+2)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Feat: (Automatic) Attack
    Feat: (Automatic) Defensive Fighting
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Orc Orc Blood
    Feat: (Automatic) Heavy Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Heroic Durability
    Feat: (Automatic) Light Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency (ALL)
    Feat: (Automatic) Medium Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Shield Proficiency (General)
    Feat: (Automatic) Simple Weapon Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Sneak
    Feat: (Automatic) Sunder
    Feat: (Automatic) Tower Shield Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Trip
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage I
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
    
    
    Level 2 (Fighter)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+0.5)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Two Handed Fighting
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost I
    Enhancement: Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude I
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
    
    
    Level 3 (Fighter)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+0.5)
    Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost I
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    
    
    Level 4 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Fighter Armor Class Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Armor Class Boost II
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack I
    
    
    Level 5 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness II
    
    
    Level 6 (Fighter)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Handed Fighting
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength II
    
    
    Level 7 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost II
    
    
    Level 8 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage II
    Enhancement: Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude II
    
    
    Level 9 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength II
    
    
    Level 10 (Fighter)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Critical
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness III
    
    
    Level 11 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost III
    
    
    Level 12 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: CON
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Enhancement: Fighter Armor Class Boost III
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost II
    
    
    Level 13 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost III
    
    
    Level 14 (Fighter)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Handed Fighting
    Enhancement: Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude III
    
    
    Level 15 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Stunning Blow
    Enhancement: Fighter Extra Action Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost IV
    
    
    Level 16 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Superior Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Fighter Extra Action Boost II
    
    
    Level 17 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost II
    Enhancement: Fighter Falchion Specialization I
    Enhancement: Fighter Greataxe Specialization I
    Enhancement: Fighter Greatsword Specialization I
    
    
    Level 18 (Fighter)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Point Blank Shot
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Feat: (Automatic) Archer's Focus
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy I
    
    
    Level 19 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 20 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: CON
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Brutal Throw
    Enhancement: Fighter Weapon Alacrity
    Enhancement: Kensei Greatsword Mastery I
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy II
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei I
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei II

  5. #5
    The Hatchery Rawrargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    400

    Default

    drop orcish extra action boost II and III, along with fighter extra action boost II, that'll free up 7 points.
    The two tier one action boost enhancements along with kensai 1,2 and 3 will give you 10 action boosts per rest. That's 10 minuttes of continous use of power surge.


    On a different note, there's really no need to take 4 toughness feats or spending level up points in con... Pick up cleave and greatcleave. Not only are they fun and powerful, but they also open up for the epic feat overwhelming critical wich adds +1 to your crit multiplier on a roll of 19-20 (that's 4x regular damage with an axe on crits!)
    Also consider improved sunder. It's pretty underwhelming in lvl 1-20 content, but it's one of the best DPS increasing abilities in epic raids and would be great as your level 18 feat instead of point blank shot.

    *Edit* Just noticed that you picked up 3 fighter weapon specialization enhancements. There's really no need for all 3... You loose a lot by not using your kensei specialized weapon, so just stick to that. If you find an upgrade you can always respec your enhancements for a nominal fee (free at 20+). Also drop AC boost III for strength III. If you're still missing points consider dropping the AC boost completely.
    Last edited by Rawrargh; 11-08-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

  6. #6
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,739

    Default

    If you're going pure ftr DPS, there's absolutely no good reason not to go Kensai III + capstone; you're just needlessly gimping yourself - and for what? AC Boost?

    I also don't understand why you spread your stat pts between CON & STR; maybe if you were an SD build going for epic Toughness I'd understand, but for a Kensai, max STR all the way! I think you also went overboard on the extra Toughnesses; I'd rather squeeze in a couple more tactics feats.

    I don't see the point in Brutal Throw + PBS; but it would make more sense to take Quick Draw instead of PBS, because not only does that up your throwing speed, it reduces the delay in your action boosts.

  7. #7
    Community Member Fedora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    587

    Smile

    Thanks for both replies, I really really appreciate it!

    I'm essentially a noob, I only have about 6 months play time total.

    @Rawrargh:
    I see what you're saying with Orc extra action boost vs. Kensai3.
    Re: Toughness vs Cleave & GCleave - I've never used them before, I will give them a try. Do they work well with TH fighting?
    Re: Imp Sunder - I agree its a bit underwhelming in my exp (my highest level I ever reached was 10 on a Pally). Maybe I can make that one of the last picks?
    Re: Weapon Specializations - My thoughts were to be able to use whatever uber TH weapon I came across, but you're absolutley right I can respec if needed.
    Re: AC3 vs STR3 - my thinking was that I always seemed to have trouble getting good AC and the +15 just looked awesome to me. My lack of playing experience beyond L10 may be to blame for my choice here.


    @unbongwah:
    Is 3 levels of Fighter Toughness still too much?
    I understand STR all the way, thanks!
    Brutal Throw and PBS didn't make sense to me either and I knew it was screwed up, but by the time I selected these Fighter bonus feats it was all that was left. I will definately make the changes to select BT and QD.

    Thanks again, added rep to you both! :thumb:
    EDIT - Forgot to mention, you guys rock!

  8. #8
    The Hatchery Rawrargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora View Post
    Thanks for both replies, I really really appreciate it!

    I'm essentially a noob, I only have about 6 months play time total.

    @Rawrargh:
    I see what you're saying with Orc extra action boost vs. Kensai3.
    Re: Toughness vs Cleave & GCleave - I've never used them before, I will give them a try. Do they work well with TH fighting?
    Re: Imp Sunder - I agree its a bit underwhelming in my exp (my highest level I ever reached was 10 on a Pally). Maybe I can make that one of the last picks?
    Re: Weapon Specializations - My thoughts were to be able to use whatever uber TH weapon I came across, but you're absolutley right I can respec if needed.
    Re: AC3 vs STR3 - my thinking was that I always seemed to have trouble getting good AC and the +15 just looked awesome to me. My lack of playing experience beyond L10 may be to blame for my choice here.


    @unbongwah:
    Is 3 levels of Fighter Toughness still too much?
    I understand STR all the way, thanks!
    Brutal Throw and PBS didn't make sense to me either and I knew it was screwed up, but by the time I selected these Fighter bonus feats it was all that was left. I will definately make the changes to select BT and QD.

    Thanks again, added rep to you both! :thumb:
    EDIT - Forgot to mention, you guys rock!
    As I said you can take improved sunder at level 18, that way you'll have it when you start doing raids where the bosses have fortification and the rest of the melee's in the group will love you (if they notice).
    About the cleave and greater cleave - YES they work best with a twohander, especially with something like an epic antique great axe where you'll be getting 4d20 on great cleave(!!!)
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

  9. #9
    Community Member Fedora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Thanks!

    Here is Version II of my Half Orc using much of the input you gave. If you have time, once again I'd appreciate input. Also, regarding the skills, (obviously limited for a fighter with low INT) was I okay in maxing UMD every time, increasing jump for a few points, and the remaining going to balance? (I hate getting knocked down).

    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.14.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    HalfOrcFight V2
    Level 20 True Neutral Half-Orc Male
    (20 Fighter) 
    Hit Points: 418
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
    Fortitude: 15
    Reflex: 6
    Will: 5
    
                      Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats         Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 20)           (Level 20)
    Strength             19                 24                   29
    Dexterity            10                 10                   10
    Constitution         17                 17                   17
    Intelligence         10                 10                   10
    Wisdom                8                  8                    8
    Charisma              6                  6                    6
    
                      Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills        Base Skills        Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)          (Level 20)          (Level 20)
    Balance               0                  9                    9
    Bluff                -2                 -2                    1
    Concentration         3                  3                    6
    Diplomacy            -2                 -2                    1
    Disable Device        n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Haggle               -2                 -2                   -2
    Heal                 -1                 -1                   -1
    Hide                  0                  0                    0
    Intimidate           -2                 -2                    1
    Jump                  6                 13                   13
    Listen               -1                 -1                   -1
    Move Silently         0                  0                    0
    Open Lock             n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Perform              n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Repair                0                  0                    0
    Search                0                  0                    0
    Spot                 -1                 -1                   -1
    Swim                  4                  9                    9
    Tumble                1                  1                    1
    Use Magic Device      0                  9                    9
    
    Level 1 (Fighter)
    Skill: Jump (+2)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+2)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Feat: (Automatic) Attack
    Feat: (Automatic) Defensive Fighting
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Orc Orc Blood
    Feat: (Automatic) Heavy Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Heroic Durability
    Feat: (Automatic) Light Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency (ALL)
    Feat: (Automatic) Medium Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Shield Proficiency (General)
    Feat: (Automatic) Simple Weapon Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Sneak
    Feat: (Automatic) Sunder
    Feat: (Automatic) Tower Shield Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Trip
    Enhancement: Fighter Armor Class Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
    
    
    Level 2 (Fighter)
    Skill: Jump (+2)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage I
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
    
    
    Level 3 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Two Handed Fighting
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength I
    Enhancement: Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    
    
    Level 4 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Fighter Armor Class Boost II
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost I
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack I
    
    
    Level 5 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness II
    
    
    Level 6 (Fighter)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Handed Fighting
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost II
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy I
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy II
    
    
    Level 7 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Enhancement: Kensei Greatsword Mastery I
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei I
    
    
    Level 8 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength II
    
    
    Level 9 (Fighter)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude II
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    
    
    Level 10 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Critical
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength II
    
    
    Level 11 (Fighter)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage II
    
    
    Level 12 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost II
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei II
    
    
    Level 13 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy III
    
    
    Level 14 (Fighter)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Handed Fighting
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost III
    
    
    Level 15 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Stunning Blow
    Enhancement: Fighter Greatsword Specialization I
    Enhancement: Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude III
    
    
    Level 16 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Superior Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength III
    
    
    Level 17 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Enhancement: Kensei Greatsword Mastery II
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost II
    
    
    Level 18 (Fighter)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Cleave
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost III
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei III
    
    
    Level 19 (Fighter)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost III
    
    
    Level 20 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Great Cleave
    Enhancement: Fighter Weapon Alacrity
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness III

  10. #10
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,739

    Default

    Building a THF Kensai is usually pretty simple.

    Stats: max STR. Dump WIS & CHA. DEX is a dump stat unless you want Precision or Dodge, in which case you need to hit 13 w/tome (e.g., base 11 + 2 tome). Likewise, INT is a dump stat unless you want extra skill pts or Combat Expertise + Imp Trip (INT 13). Everything else goes into CON.

    Feats: you need the Kensai pre-reqs (WF/WS/GWS/GWF/SWF) and really want the THF chain, Power Atk, Imp Crit, Cleave/GC/Overwhelming Crit. That leaves about 5 feats left over; I usually add Toughness, a couple of tactics feats, and maybe Power Crit & Quick Draw.

    Here's a pretty basic build:
    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.14.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Level 20 True Neutral Half-Orc Female
    (20 Fighter) 
    Hit Points: 372
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
    Fortitude: 17
    Reflex: 5
    Will: 5
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             20                    32
    Dexterity             8                     8
    Constitution         18                    21
    Intelligence          6                     6
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma              6                     6
    
    Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 20
    +3 Tome of Constitution used at level 20
    
    Level 1 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    
    
    Level 2 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Two Handed Fighting
    
    
    Level 3 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Cleave
    
    
    Level 4 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    
    
    Level 5 (Fighter)
    
    
    Level 6 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Stunning Blow
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost II
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Kensei Greatsword Mastery I
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy I
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy II
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei I
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost I
    Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage I
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack I
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
    
    
    Level 7 (Fighter)
    
    
    Level 8 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
    
    
    Level 9 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave
    
    
    Level 10 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Handed Fighting
    
    
    Level 11 (Fighter)
    
    
    Level 12 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Sunder
    Enhancement: Kensei Greatsword Mastery II
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei II
    Enhancement: Fighter Greatsword Specialization I
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost II
    Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage II
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength II
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength II
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength III
    
    
    Level 13 (Fighter)
    
    
    Level 14 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Handed Fighting
    
    
    Level 15 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Power Critical
    
    
    Level 16 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    
    
    Level 17 (Fighter)
    
    
    Level 18 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Quick Draw
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Superior Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    
    
    Level 19 (Fighter)
    
    
    Level 20 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Brutal Throw
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost III
    Enhancement: Fighter Extra Action Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost II
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost III
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost IV
    Enhancement: Fighter Weapon Alacrity
    Enhancement: Kensei Greatsword Mastery III
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy III
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei III
    Enhancement: Fighter Greatsword Specialization II
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost III
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack II
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack III
    Epic feats: Overwhelming Critical and epic Toughness
    Epic Destiny: Legendary Dreadnought - definitely pick up Lay Waste + Momentum Swing

  11. #11
    Community Member Fedora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Thank you again for the input. I am learning.

  12. #12
    The Hatchery Rawrargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Building a THF Kensai is usually pretty simple.

    Stats: max STR. Dump WIS & CHA. DEX is a dump stat unless you want Precision or Dodge, in which case you need to hit 13 w/tome (e.g., base 11 + 2 tome). Likewise, INT is a dump stat unless you want extra skill pts or Combat Expertise + Imp Trip (INT 13). Everything else goes into CON.

    Feats: you need the Kensai pre-reqs (WF/WS/GWS/GWF/SWF) and really want the THF chain, Power Atk, Imp Crit, Cleave/GC/Overwhelming Crit. That leaves about 5 feats left over; I usually add Toughness, a couple of tactics feats, and maybe Power Crit & Quick Draw.

    Here's a pretty basic build:
    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.14.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Level 20 True Neutral Half-Orc Female
    (20 Fighter) 
    Hit Points: 372
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
    Fortitude: 17
    Reflex: 5
    Will: 5
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             20                    32
    Dexterity             8                     8
    Constitution         18                    21
    Intelligence          6                     6
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma              6                     6
    
    Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 20
    +3 Tome of Constitution used at level 20
    
    Level 1 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    
    
    Level 2 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Two Handed Fighting
    
    
    Level 3 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Cleave
    
    
    Level 4 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    
    
    Level 5 (Fighter)
    
    
    Level 6 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Stunning Blow
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost II
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Kensei Greatsword Mastery I
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy I
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy II
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei I
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost I
    Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage I
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack I
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
    
    
    Level 7 (Fighter)
    
    
    Level 8 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
    
    
    Level 9 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave
    
    
    Level 10 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Handed Fighting
    
    
    Level 11 (Fighter)
    
    
    Level 12 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Sunder
    Enhancement: Kensei Greatsword Mastery II
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei II
    Enhancement: Fighter Greatsword Specialization I
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost II
    Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage II
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength II
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength II
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength III
    
    
    Level 13 (Fighter)
    
    
    Level 14 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Handed Fighting
    
    
    Level 15 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Power Critical
    
    
    Level 16 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    
    
    Level 17 (Fighter)
    
    
    Level 18 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Quick Draw
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Superior Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    
    
    Level 19 (Fighter)
    
    
    Level 20 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Brutal Throw
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost III
    Enhancement: Fighter Extra Action Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost II
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost III
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost IV
    Enhancement: Fighter Weapon Alacrity
    Enhancement: Kensei Greatsword Mastery III
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy III
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei III
    Enhancement: Fighter Greatsword Specialization II
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost III
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack II
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack III
    Epic feats: Overwhelming Critical and epic Toughness
    Epic Destiny: Legendary Dreadnought - definitely pick up Lay Waste + Momentum Swing
    Yep, that pretty much sums it up... Lemme give you an HP breakdown to "prove" that one toughness feat is plenty :P

    20 Heroic durability
    200 Level 20 fighter
    50 Epic levels
    125 From 20 con
    50 Legendary dreadnought
    23 Toughness (is it 28 at level 25?)
    30 Toughness enhancements
    50 Epic toughness

    548 HP naked

    Add in a +7 con item, +2 insightful con from PDK gloves and helm, a greater false life item, and a toughness item.

    125 From +5 con modifier
    30 From GFL
    20 Toughness item

    723 Wich can be boosted by 45 from a greensteel HP item and +10 from superior false life for a standing 778 unbuffed.

    With buffs:

    25 Rage spell
    50 Madstone rage
    25 Ship buff

    Total of 879 with sustainable buffs (assuming you get a pair of madstone boots).
    Last edited by Rawrargh; 11-09-2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: punctuation.
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

  13. #13
    Community Member Fedora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Thanks for the breakdown Raw.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    19

    Wink minor correction

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrargh
    20 Heroic durability
    200 Level 20 fighter
    50 Epic levels
    125 From 20 con
    50 Legendary dreadnought
    23 Toughness (is it 28 at level 25?)
    30 Toughness enhancements
    50 Epic toughness

    548 HP naked
    its 22hp from toughness at level 20 and 27hp at level 25
    reason: 3@level 1 and 19/24 levels after that give 1hp each
    just for future reference

    -trial

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload