Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,380

    Default How do I get a refund for renown elixirs

    I purchased renown elixirs based on the old guild system. With the changes to the guild system it really doesn't make sense to use these elixirs as small guilds have a massive decay tax where large guilds have none. It makes more sense to just merge with another guild instead where renown is not really required.

    I realize there is a no refund policy with the store, but since the developer changed the rules after I made my purchase I feel a refund is in order. You can pm if you prefer to discuss via pm rather than through the forum.

    I never thought of asking for a refund previously so I am not familiar with who to contact.

    Thank you in advance.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  2. #2
    Community Member Dhalgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I purchased renown elixirs based on the old guild system. With the changes to the guild system it really doesn't make sense to use these elixirs as small guilds have a massive decay tax where large guilds have none. It makes more sense to just merge with another guild instead where renown is not really required.

    I realize there is a no refund policy with the store, but since the developer changed the rules after I made my purchase I feel a refund is in order. You can pm if you prefer to discuss via pm rather than through the forum.

    I never thought of asking for a refund previously so I am not familiar with who to contact.

    Thank you in advance.
    Did the amount of decay applied to small guilds go up?
    Heatherx Rgr12/Arti6/Rog2 (PL: 3 Wiz; 1 FvS; 2 Sor; 1 Clr; 1 Arti; 1 Rog)
    Toryen Warchanter 22 ~ Treslyn Cleric 24 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 23 ~ Khenshii Monk 20

    Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

  3. #3
    The Hatchery Rapthorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    210

    Default

    I too feel your pain. I find it awfully interesting that they had a sale on guild renown potions just one week before they announced the changes to the system.

    The old system was already unfair to small guilds trying to compete and this "test" system just makes it even more unfair.

    Personally I will wait until Update 16 to see what realistic changes they make to the system before I start asking for a refund. We are currently still in a "test" after all. I feel it is best to wait and see what happens.

    As far as who to contact for a refund... I would guess that calling their customer service number would be the best approach. That is what I plan on doing if this "test" remains in place after the update.
    Para

    Proud Co-Leader of <o>

  4. #4
    Hero Gkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I am willing to wait if the store wants me to, but the developer comments make it clear they want the new system and don't believe adjustments for small guilds are appropriate. I am fine with that - it is their game - I just think I should get a refund since the rules changed on me. I am not mad, I am not raging - just want a refund for a product that was purchased based on a system that is no longer in place.
    Read the TOS, you're out of luck.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Read the TOS, you're out of luck.
    Given the fact they changed the rules for guilds, I think they should do the honorable thing and refund the guild elxirs. I would never ask for any other reason.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  6. #6
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Guild renown has not changed for small guilds with 10 or less people at all, and small guilds with more than 10 benefit from the change with slightly smaller decay also, it's only removed the wall so that large guilds can also advance. Small guilds today have to do exactly the same amount of work that they did before the change. It has not altered that. And a lot of small guilds are happy knowing everyone in their guild, so it's not a forgone conclusion that they have to merge into an impersonal megaguild. The only thing that's changed for small guilds is people's perceptions of them now. Small guilds still have the inherent build bonus every time we earn renown that the larger guilds don't get.

    The elixirs are just as useful as they were before, speeding up how fast you help your guild level up. I don't think they'll give refunds as the elixirs are still working as intended, increasing the renown you earn. They are still useful if you're guild wants to advance faster, especially at the higher levels when the amount needed from level to level gets big.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  7. #7
    Community Member Dysmetria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    That fact that large 200 person guilds received a 90% reduction in decay while we received only an increase in ransack penalty for gaining a level does matter to me. I don't wish to purchase elixirs or keep the ones I have under a system that heavily penalizes small guilds exclusively with decay.

    It's based on the fact that Turbine changed the rules on me after I purchased the product. It's really that simple.

    I am asking for a refund because I think it is the right thing to do - it is what I would do if I was in their shoes.

    I am happy for large guilds I just want a refund for a product that was purchased with different rules in place - that is all.
    Turbine didn't "change the rules" on small guilds at all. They get exactly the same rate of decay as before.

    I think if anything Turbine should be commended for giving small guilds a bonus to renown gain.

    I can not think of one other MMORPG with a guild advancement system that does so, in all of those the small guilds have little or no chance to gain the same benefits that the large guilds get.

  8. #8
    Hero LOOON375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Argo
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    If they made a change to the elixers, you might have a beef. They still work the same way as they always have and they aren't trying to screw you over.


    hahahahaha
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

  9. #9
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I am willing to wait if the store wants me to, but the developer comments make it clear they want the new system and don't believe adjustments for small guilds are appropriate. I am fine with that - it is their game - I just think I should get a refund since the rules changed on me. I am not mad, I am not raging - just want a refund for a product that was purchased based on a system that is no longer in place.

    I never called customer service before i'll give that a try - thank you!
    i would like a refund on warforged.

    would you like to get in line?

  10. #10
    The Hatchery Fefnir_2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    i would like a refund on warforged.

    would you like to get in line?
    This.

    Also, Star (and anyone who's ever done a TR pre bravery bonus) would like a refund on any resources like XP pots they spent doing TRs before bravery bonus and tomes of learning that they wouldn't have had to use if those had been around.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas


  11. #11
    Community Member Dysmetria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    I'd like a refund on the monk class as well because handwraps still do not work as described/intended.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,380

    Default

    Thank you for the feedback. I get the point regarding monk and warforged which I also purchased.

    I think the difference is that these are unused pots. I am not asking for a refund for something I already used. I'll contact the store directly after the final change is announced.

    Thanks again.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  13. #13
    Community Member FranOhmsford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Posts
    9,248

    Default

    Excuse me if things have changed and I missed a dev post on this subject but wasnt this change only for one week?

    In fact it should have already been turned off - Would be great if it wasn't as my Lvl 44 Small Guild {20+ members} was stuck until it came out and has gained over 100k renown in the past week!
    Nothing much I admit compared to some guilds but at least we're moving again and likely to hit Lvl 45 and medium augment slots much sooner!

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Excuse me if things have changed and I missed a dev post on this subject but wasnt this change only for one week?

    In fact it should have already been turned off - Would be great if it wasn't as my Lvl 44 Small Guild {20+ members} was stuck until it came out and has gained over 100k renown in the past week!
    Nothing much I admit compared to some guilds but at least we're moving again and likely to hit Lvl 45 and medium augment slots much sooner!
    Well you are in luck the change was reimplemented the day mabar started and is in a test period through the release of U16, however, based on developer comments I would assume the change will be introduced as a permanent change. I am glad to hear it will help your guild level up.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapthorn View Post
    The old system was already unfair to small guilds trying to compete and this "test" system just makes it even more unfair.
    Yes, because that renown bonus all small guilds get is really unfair.






    Sarcasm, a beautiful thing
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

  16. #16
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    4,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    i would like a refund on warforged.

    would you like to get in line?
    Me too, When I bought WF I bought a Ferarri and now I have keys for a Fiero...

    and what happened to my Superior spell power Pots, I bought a few stacks and was using them on my level 4 before the spell power changes lowbie caster now they are min level 25.. How is this a lateral fix?
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

    Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

  17. #17
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,603

    Default

    While I disagree with your premise you can bring this up with Account Support by submitting a ticket or calling them directly. I believe the number is available if you log in to your account on the website.

    Keep in mind everyone got hit with the additional reduction in renown at level. This renown penalty existed prior to the test and was inflated during the test. It took my "Large" Guild 3 days to get out of the cycle and we are finally 1/3 into level 71 since the "Test" was re-implemented.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pape_27 View Post
    Yes, because that renown bonus all small guilds get is really unfair.






    Sarcasm, a beautiful thing
    With the guild bonus each person in my small guild still needs to earn 7.5x more renown than a large 200 member guild to cover decay. Without it - it would be 30x. I don't have an issue that small guilds need to earn more to level up even with the bonus, I don't want to use elixirs under a system that only has a high decay tax on small guilds.

    The issue here isn't the change itself - that is the dev choice. The issue here is I no longer want to use these elixirs because using these pots is only really covering decay when decay is only an issue for smll guilds. It has nothing to do with fairness, the reason I purchased the elixirs no longer exists after the change was made.
    Last edited by slarden; 11-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  19. #19
    Hero Gkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Given the fact they changed the rules for guilds, I think they should do the honorable thing and refund the guild elxirs. I would never ask for any other reason.
    And I wouldn't have stocked up on 20% XP pots if I had know they would add 30% pots. The game changes.

    And the system hasn't changed at all for small guilds, therefore they will work exactly as well as they did before. You really don't have an issue. The fact that you might now want to be in a different sized guild is your choice. They made largers guilds more managable than they used to be, but nothing has changed for your situation and those elixers work as they always did. Heck, they will even work in that new large guild you plan to join.

  20. #20
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    This is why we can't have nice things.

    The problem with decay was not small guilds, so no 'fix' to small guilds was made. The problem was with large guilds, and the 'fix' addressed this.

    Your issue is churlish. Drop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload