Default This rather big bug still isn't fixed

Heard it's going live soon.. May want to fix that one before that.

When did they add Psionics to the game? Telepathically controlling your quarterstaff is impressive.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

They actually shouldn't fix this bug.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    They actually shouldn't fix this bug.
    Yeah, I'd have to say that one is amusing, and shouldn't break anything actually in-game.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by azrael4h View Post
    Yeah, I'd have to say that one is amusing, and shouldn't break anything actually in-game.
    ? Do you not know what the bug causes...It completely breaks all weaponry animations - EG: It breaks essentially the entire game and makes it unplayable for all melee characters as you cant tell whats going on, and still annoying for my sorc.Not really that amusing.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Floating Things!

We know about this bug! While the fix did not quite make it into the new Lamannia build, the issue will not make it to live! (Though I thought my rune arm bouncing around was rather fun!)

Community Member

I dont see the problem
    Alkkarn Alkkine Alkine Roubot Alkot Alkky
    On argo cuz its better than you!

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    When did they add Psionics to the game? Telepathically controlling your quarterstaff is impressive.
    ...you can get intelligent quarterstaves in this game?!
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    We know about this bug! While the fix did not quite make it into the new Lamannia build, the issue will not make it to live! (Though I thought my rune arm bouncing around was rather fun!)
    If you're trying to make me update/log in to Llama-land ... you're almost succeeding.
    That bug looks almost as amusing as the floating fishies over on the other side.

edit:

...but will never compete with the day the pigs went wild:

Last edited by cdbd3rd; 11-07-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    If you're trying to make me update/log in to Llama-land ... you're almost succeeding.
    That bug looks almost as amusing as the floating fishies over on the other side.

edit:

...but will never compete with the day the pigs went wild:

lol when did you get that 50-pound salmon and since when do pigs rampage in Bree-town?
    Slow player: puggers beware!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    ? Do you not know what the bug causes...It completely breaks all weaponry animations - EG: It breaks essentially the entire game and makes it unplayable for all melee characters as you cant tell whats going on, and still annoying for my sorc.Not really that amusing.
    I've had my entire character model disappear, many many times. I've had this happen on melees more than anything else, because my most played, and the majority of my active characters, are all melee-focused builds.

It was no more difficult to play when I had no character model at all, even on my Monk (who had no weapon showing at all!), than with one showing. I know where the character is simply by the fact that my screen never really changes, and thus I was able to function just the same as before.

Even when the Half-Orc THF combat animations were messed up, those caused no problems. I could melee just fine on the test build I had when Horcs came out.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by azrael4h View Post
    I've had my entire character model disappear, many many times. I've had this happen on melees more than anything else, because my most played, and the majority of my active characters, are all melee-focused builds.

It was no more difficult to play when I had no character model at all, even on my Monk (who had no weapon showing at all!), than with one showing. I know where the character is simply by the fact that my screen never really changes, and thus I was able to function just the same as before.

Even when the Half-Orc THF combat animations were messed up, those caused no problems. I could melee just fine on the test build I had when Horcs came out.

Those that dont have this problem dont understand the severity of it. All the floaty weapons cause tremendous lag and make the game damn near Unplayable.

btw - Just because YOU haven't seen/experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

Quote Originally Posted by llStarbladell View Post
    btw - Just because YOU haven't seen/experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't exist...
    You are correct. At one time, it was affecting everyone (including QA Testers). A fix went in, and we stopped seeing the issue. (Hence the "It's fixed!") However, lower frame rate, engine speed, connection speed, etc. still cause the weapons to lag behind the character animations. We are addressing this issue.

Community Member

Not sure if QA is monitoring the forums.

In this thread some people found some possible solutions to this bug.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=397948

Just to add here, this stopped happening for me when I re-generated my UserPrefernces
    file (by renaming the old one). I'm not sure what setting in there is was triggering this
    behaviour - I'll do a cross comparison at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by neologia View Post
    Not sure if QA is monitoring the forums.

In this thread some people found some possible solutions to this bug.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=397948
    Yup! We've been monitoring the thread. We've sent the info to the dev working on the solution. Thank you!