Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default NEW - Tome Upgrades can now be found in random treasure

    NEW - Tome Upgrades can now be found in random treasure. These wondrous items will allow you to upgrade an existing inherent bonus in an ability score to the next higher inherent bonus. Upgrades that turn a +4 Inherent Bonus into a +5 Inherent Bonus will be able to be found in treasure levels of 27 and higher.


    Level 27 of higher.

    That means level 23 quests on EE with +2 Jewel, right? I honestly like the idea. Just have to see if they really exist or they are another lie (*cough* +5 tomes in EE CitW *cough*)

    Discuss.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.
    Posts
    1,469

    Default

    All information is false until otherwise proven true.
    Teth - Revenants

    Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    All information is false until otherwise proven true.
    They would never lie to us!

  4. #4

    Default

    I want to know what treasure level is required for a +3 to +4 upgrade.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

  5. #5
    Community Member Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,960

    Default already in live game

    If I have a character that has consumed all 6 +2 tomes, then any +3 tome would be considered a Tome Upgrade.

    Why insert an item to upgrade a +2 to +3, or +3 to +4, ect...... If all you have to do is use a +3, or +4.

    If this is a ruse, why not say that +5 tomes are dropping in game.

    -Bunk

    P.S. SSOIDH

  6. #6
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    If I have a character that has consumed all 6 +2 tomes, then any +3 tome would be considered a Tome Upgrade.

    Why insert an item to upgrade a +2 to +3, or +3 to +4, ect...... If all you have to do is use a +3, or +4.

    If this is a ruse, why not say that +5 tomes are dropping in game.

    -Bunk

    P.S. SSOIDH
    Well this might be a first step toward changing the way tomes work. Right now, if we pull a theoretical +5 unbound tome, we can give it to any old toon and they jump right to a +5 bonus. If this new upgrade item is a sign of a completely new system that abolishes all regular tomes other than +1 and forces you to upgrade then it means a few things.

    1. No instant upgrade. You have to go through all the steps or have an old tome in hand.

    2. You have to go through all the steps. If you pull a +4 to +5 upgrade, but don't have a +4 yet, you are on hold until you do

    which brings us to...

    3. DDO store sales. Turbine can sell all 4 tiers of upgrades and standard +1 tomes. If you pull a higher tier, you can very simply get your +3 to +4 upgrade from the store in order to "use" the higher tier upgrade. Under the current system, you would just have a +5 tome, but under a new model, you have to have all the other tiers first.

    I know that's a bit tin foil hatty of me but it's just a bit of conjecture and speculation.

  7. #7
    Community Member gphysalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    They would never lie to us!
    The above statement is false until proven true, but so is my statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

  8. #8
    Community Member Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Well this might be a first step toward changing the way tomes work. Right now, if we pull a theoretical +5 unbound tome, we can give it to any old toon and they jump right to a +5 bonus. If this new upgrade item is a sign of a completely new system that abolishes all regular tomes other than +1 and forces you to upgrade then it means a few things.

    1. No instant upgrade. You have to go through all the steps or have an old tome in hand.

    2. You have to go through all the steps. If you pull a +4 to +5 upgrade, but don't have a +4 yet, you are on hold until you do

    which brings us to...

    3. DDO store sales. Turbine can sell all 4 tiers of upgrades and standard +1 tomes. If you pull a higher tier, you can very simply get your +3 to +4 upgrade from the store in order to "use" the higher tier upgrade. Under the current system, you would just have a +5 tome, but under a new model, you have to have all the other tiers first.

    I know that's a bit tin foil hatty of me but it's just a bit of conjecture and speculation.
    True, but again this all falls to what I said in post script.

    SSOIDH

    -Bunk

    P.S. The only thing worse than speculation on live servers is speculation on test servers.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gphysalis View Post
    The above statement is false until proven true, but so is my statement.
    There is an exception to every rule, including this one.


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

  10. #10
    Community Member gphysalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    There is an exception to every rule, including this one.
    But you can rest assured that there are no exceptions to rules that don't exist.

    Back to the OP,
    This would be really nice if the tomes are actually obtainable from random drops, and don't have a 1 in 1000001 chance of dropping,
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gphysalis View Post
    Back to the OP,
    This would be really nice if the tomes are actually obtainable from random drops, and don't have a 1 in 1000001 chance of dropping,
    The chance of tomes dropping is actually getting a significant increase.
    Currently on Live, every item generated in a chest has a 1 in 434 chance of being an ability score tome.
    In Update 16, those odds are increased to 1 in 333.
    The new Upgrade tomes will be a sizable percentage of all ability tome drops- for example, when a +4 tome would drop, it will instead have a 25% chance of being a +4 to +5 upgrade tome.

    Same goes for +3 tomes (which will drop in treasure chests of level 23-26): 25% of them will be a +3 to +4 upgrade tome.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The chance of tomes dropping is actually getting a significant increase.
    Currently on Live, every item generated in a chest has a 1 in 434 chance of being an ability score tome.
    In Update 16, those odds are increased to 1 in 333.
    The new Upgrade tomes will be a sizable percentage of all ability tome drops- for example, when a +4 tome would drop, it will instead have a 25% chance of being a +4 to +5 upgrade tome.

    Same goes for +3 tomes (which will drop in treasure chests of level 23-26): 25% of them will be a +3 to +4 upgrade tome.
    That's nice news. But, like Teth said, nothing is true untile proven otherwise.

    As far as we know, +5s don't exist. So the "+4 to +5 tome upgrade" might have the same fate.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The chance of tomes dropping is actually getting a significant increase.
    Currently on Live, every item generated in a chest has a 1 in 434 chance of being an ability score tome.
    In Update 16, those odds are increased to 1 in 333.
    The new Upgrade tomes will be a sizable percentage of all ability tome drops- for example, when a +4 tome would drop, it will instead have a 25% chance of being a +4 to +5 upgrade tome.

    Same goes for +3 tomes (which will drop in treasure chests of level 23-26): 25% of them will be a +3 to +4 upgrade tome.
    Thats interesting and fun news

    My toons might actually get to some +4 Inherent bonuses now
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

  14. #14
    Community Member gphysalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The chance of tomes dropping is actually getting a significant increase.
    Currently on Live, every item generated in a chest has a 1 in 434 chance of being an ability score tome.
    In Update 16, those odds are increased to 1 in 333.
    The new Upgrade tomes will be a sizable percentage of all ability tome drops- for example, when a +4 tome would drop, it will instead have a 25% chance of being a +4 to +5 upgrade tome.

    Same goes for +3 tomes (which will drop in treasure chests of level 23-26): 25% of them will be a +3 to +4 upgrade tome.
    Thank you for the information,
    That is very helpful

    Does this include things like TOD end rewards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

  15. #15
    Community Member Miow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Wizard's first rule.

    Always remember it.

  16. #16
    Community Member mwgarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    282

    Default

    I don't understand the point.... Is it a better chance to get a 3 to 4 then a straight 4 tome ? Why code a completly different method and instead just increase drop rates and spend the time fixing bugs...
    Where am I and why am I in this hand basket.
    Main Server: Orien
    Main Toons: Gaarn lvl20 (4th life PM wizard) Broken on MyDDO | Jeran lvl20 (18 rang/1 monk/1 rog)

  17. #17
    The Hatchery Habreno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Argonessen
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwgarn View Post
    I don't understand the point.... Is it a better chance to get a 3 to 4 then a straight 4 tome ? Why code a completly different method and instead just increase drop rates and spend the time fixing bugs...
    Iirc, 3 to 4 drops at a lower level than straight 4's.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwgarn View Post
    I don't understand the point.... Is it a better chance to get a 3 to 4 then a straight 4 tome ? Why code a completly different method and instead just increase drop rates and spend the time fixing bugs...
    Because in order to actually use a 3-4 you have to have already used either a +3 or a 2-3. Thus it can have an increased drop rate/availability, since the usage is more restricted.


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

  19. #19
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The chance of tomes dropping is actually getting a significant increase.
    Currently on Live, every item generated in a chest has a 1 in 434 chance of being an ability score tome.
    In Update 16, those odds are increased to 1 in 333.
    The new Upgrade tomes will be a sizable percentage of all ability tome drops- for example, when a +4 tome would drop, it will instead have a 25% chance of being a +4 to +5 upgrade tome.

    Same goes for +3 tomes (which will drop in treasure chests of level 23-26): 25% of them will be a +3 to +4 upgrade tome.
    You imply that +4 tomes exist in loot tables, 27+. Thats incorrect as my extensive community built guide has proven.
    +3s drop in lvl23+, +4s do not exist in lootgen. I've even had Kookie specifly tell me "I'm generating loot level30" - he made thousands and thousands of items. Plenty of +3s showed up in his piles, +4s did not.

    So "when a +4 would drop" being that is currently 0%, that infers that +4 to +5s upgrade tomes also won't exist.

  20. #20
    Community Member mwgarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    Because in order to actually use a 3-4 you have to have already used either a +3 or a 2-3. Thus it can have an increased drop rate/availability, since the usage is more restricted.
    Because level restrictions isn't enough? Pointless... Increase drop rate of you really want, don't make excuses don't make yet another useless item to clog loot tables.. If you want it easier for people to have +3 or more then make +3 and higher tomes drop more why make a brand new device.
    Where am I and why am I in this hand basket.
    Main Server: Orien
    Main Toons: Gaarn lvl20 (4th life PM wizard) Broken on MyDDO | Jeran lvl20 (18 rang/1 monk/1 rog)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload