Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

how about the rewards of getting 1750 favor?shall I get the tome upgrades?
    By the way,do you think it's obsolete for getting +2 tomes as 1750-favor rewards at this time?

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Level 23 quest
    +2 for doing it on elite
    +2 store loot gem
    +1 chest blesser
    +1 Three Barrel Cove map item bonus
    +2 global loot event
    = 31

You could drop the map bonus if you were in epic elite Caught in the Web or if there were a +3 global loot bonus which happened a short while back. The map bonus is not sustainable for farming purposes.
    I recall somewhere that max loot lvl is 30 on live.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    I recall somewhere that max loot lvl is 30 on live.
    That's entirely possible. It's not easy to test it without a global loot event in place. I would hope that the cap is removed by now, especially with the huge uproar back when they had the +3 loot bonus. People were practically screaming at Turbine that there were artificial caps in place and they just didn't believe it for the longest time. That bonus was completely wasted. They did get around to at least pushing the cap up, but where it is now, I couldn't say.

So from what I hear one of the quests in this pack is level 25.. That will be great for loot farmers. It sounds like that will be a new quest for them to farm for loot on EE. I was thinking the other day about the old POP Elite farmers for e.g... Good times.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    So from what I hear one of the quests in this pack is level 25.. That will be great for loot farmers. It sounds like that will be a new quest for them to farm for loot on EE. I was thinking the other day about the old POP Elite farmers for e.g... Good times.
    So in other words, a reason to buy the new pack?

Can a dev explain how they expect us to achieve chest lvl 31? I want to know if we are expected to have every single loot buff active.
    Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
    Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor Barb 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 15 - Splatsplat DoS 18/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Numot talks enough for like 10 people. So yeah, 13 people in that channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros13 View Post
    So in other words, a reason to buy the new pack?

Can a dev explain how they expect us to achieve chest lvl 31? I want to know if we are expected to have every single loot buff active.
    If you read the dev post. In Level 27 chests on the Update 16 on Lammania +4 tomes drop. Assuming that this same update 16 on lammania goes to live we will get a shot at the level 25 quest on epic elite without a loot gen and it having greater then a bonus chance. I just want to say I do not think that using a +2 loot gen on normal on that quest should give people a shot at a +4 tome or hard on level 24s. I want incentive to farm epic elite..
    Last edited by maddmatt70; 11-07-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

If you read the dev post. In Level 27 chests on the Update 16 on Lammania +4 tomes drop. Assuming that this same update 16 on lammania goes to live we will get a shot at the level 25 quest on epic elite without a loot gen and it having greater then a bonus chance. I just want to say I do not think that using a +2 loot gen on normal on that quest should give people a shot at a +4 tome or hard on level 24s. I want incentive to farm epic elite..
    The EE incentive is now a real possibility of +5s if I understand Feather of Sun's post correctly.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Not the case. Turbine thought this one out carefully to make more $$$.

All U16 quests and its explorer area are lvl24.

= 26 on EE. Too low.

So you can not get the best stuff without some form of loot boost now. Gives real incentive to get loot jewels, which while are available outside of the store (eberron shards) - are quite tough to get outside the store.

Plus most players can't handle EE smoothly, so they will most likely do EH with a +2 jewel instead (which are more expensive).

Other option is a chest blesser.. Hope I can find Tuney online heh.

Good news is some of the new quests do have a reasonable amount of chests. And most are a joke on EE difficulty wise, so farming out the tomes shouldn't be too unreasonable if the droprates aren't unreasonable.

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Good news is some of the new quests do have a reasonable amount of chests. And most are a joke on EE difficulty wise, so farming out the tomes shouldn't be too unreasonable if the droprates aren't unreasonable.
    Lame. I mean.... Yay easy farm mode!!!
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

You imply that +4 tomes exist in loot tables, 27+. Thats incorrect as my extensive community built guide has proven.
    +3s drop in lvl23+, +4s do not exist in lootgen. I've even had Kookie specifly tell me "I'm generating loot level30" - he made thousands and thousands of items. Plenty of +3s showed up in his piles, +4s did not.

So "when a +4 would drop" being that is currently 0%, that infers that +4 to +5s upgrade tomes also won't exist.
    But Shade I have had +4 tome unbound drop for me.
    /Nancy

NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NancyD View Post
    But Shade I have had +4 tome unbound drop for me.
    What Shade means is: +4 tomes don't exist in loot tables. They are put specifically in certain chests of certain MotU quests by developers e.g. House of Rusted/death optional chests, End chest of DDTW etc etc like it is stated in his guide.

HOWEVER, if you wanna farm The Druid's Cruse, LV25 quest on EE (or any other U15 quest, or VON3 or any other quest on EE) with a +2 Jewel, +2 loot event and a chest blesser, you will NEVER EVER find a +4 tome because they don't exist in loot tables AT THE MOMENT, on live. Not even if you farm them 20000 times per day without ransack for 200 years.

Thou, if tomes +4 will be added in loot tables like Feather said, that will become possible and you are not required to farm only certain quests, like +3s now.

Not the case. Turbine thought this one out carefully to make more $$$.

All U16 quests and its explorer area are lvl24.

= 26 on EE. Too low.

So you can not get the best stuff without some form of loot boost now. Gives real incentive to get loot jewels, which while are available outside of the store (eberron shards) - are quite tough to get outside the store.

Plus most players can't handle EE smoothly, so they will most likely do EH with a +2 jewel instead (which are more expensive).

Other option is a chest blesser.. Hope I can find Tuney online heh.

Bah Turbine. They are the fun killers them and their money. I know alot of guys use to really enjoy that type of play where they farm chests in a group. Back in the elite PoP days there were alot of players who enjoyed that hardcore chest loot style. Many of those players have left the game over the years because Turbine has not catered DDO to them. Sometimes you get instances where you think it might be coming back like some of the chest looting that was going on in update 13, but it is not the same level of widespread looting - not even close. Now Turbine wants to put a price tag on it and limit its appeal. Lousy...

More easy EE content?

Ah, why would they give us tough stuff that rewards appropriately. Why would they...

Although, on a rare positive note, I do like the upgrade tome idea.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member

Is there confirmation that multiple chest blessers don't work? That would kinda be a waste of 3 feats per extra character if so.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadowranger View Post
    how about the rewards of getting 1750 favor?shall I get the tome upgrades?
    By the way,do you think it's obsolete for getting +2 tomes as 1750-favor rewards at this time?
    It would be nice to have each of the tome upgrades there as choices, so have:

1. +2 tomes (all)
    2. +2 - +3 tome upgrades (all)
    3. +3 - +4 tome upgrades (all)
    4. +4 - +5 tome upgrades (all)

That would give a huge incentive to TR and get to 1750 favor again and again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The chance of tomes dropping is actually getting a significant increase.
    Currently on Live, every item generated in a chest has a 1 in 434 chance of being an ability score tome.
    In Update 16, those odds are increased to 1 in 333.
    The new Upgrade tomes will be a sizable percentage of all ability tome drops- for example, when a +4 tome would drop, it will instead have a 25% chance of being a +4 to +5 upgrade tome.

Same goes for +3 tomes (which will drop in treasure chests of level 23-26): 25% of them will be a +3 to +4 upgrade tome.
    1/444 for a straight upgrade, and 1/1332 for an incremental, so if you push yourself, you get results quicker, but if not, you still end up close, without turning it into yet one more reason to do elite once, and sleepwalk through hard. Good.

On:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    It would be nice to have each of the tome upgrades there as choices, so have:

1. +2 tomes (all)
    2. +2 - +3 tome upgrades (all)
    3. +3 - +4 tome upgrades (all)
    4. +4 - +5 tome upgrades (all)

That would give a huge incentive to TR and get to 1750 favor again and again and again.
    Wouldn't be opposed to say, 2k = 2-3 incremental, 3k 3-4, 4k 4-5. The intent of course being further encouragement for folks to run everything.
    Last edited by Scraap; 11-09-2012 at 04:52 PM.

I assume I am not the only one who sees that +5 tomes available from random loot (as upgrade tomes from level 27 chests) while being near impossible to pull in raids is yet another degradation of the game's incentive structure.

This just means more farming of specific chests on EE and shelling out some TP for loot gems.

That is the problem with important loot being found in trash chests. There will always be a chest easier to get then others and unless there are equally compelling reasons to run other content you just chain farm specific chests with all your toons every week.

/mind numbing and boring
    Last edited by Cyr; 11-09-2012 at 03:49 PM.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Well , looks like this is a good reason to start playing Tuney again. Been working on leveling up my poor poor Druid Etward. Now maybe they'd let me bless chests again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuney View Post
    Well , looks like this is a good reason to start playing Tuney again. Been working on leveling up my poor poor Druid Etward. Now maybe they'd let me bless chests again!
    Sounds like you are an experienced chest blesser. Can you give me any idea of what Charisma is needed to bless high end chests? I can't find a formula anywhere and I'm debating converting a Horc monk to a dedicated loot farmer/chest blesser. But I don't know if I can restructure him to be a successful high end chest blesser without gimping him as a horc monk.

Any thoughts/guidance would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure what the CHA numbers are. Tuney is a Bard who invested into CHA. But I did have a friend who did take the marks on a CHA dumped fighter and almost never got his blessings to work. I would say for a 'decent' chance would be around 26 or so. I'm at 38 and almost never see a fail.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast