Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Transferring epic characters

FYI, I transferred my 20 pali / 5 epic to Lam at the beginning of October. While the transfer was reported as a fail, in fact it worked just fine. So it does appear possible to copy epic tons to Lam.

Hey Squeak was nice to see that AH had some gear in it but where's the heavy fortification gear or feather fall not to mention all the arti love like no repeaters or rune arms. Not easy runnin a lvl 24 quest with a lvl 4 weapon. I'm glad that I do have them but is a pain having to switch gear between toons. But even bigger pain to grind out some quest to get a decent rune arm. But hey a step in the right direction is a step in the right direction thx

Community Member

Patiently waiting for a wipe, sorry wont test with outdated characters. But please do make mention when you do it, I'd love to try and help out with the testing/preview/what ever you want to call it just wont do it with with what I have on lammaland.

Default Bug or Not

Has anyone gotten the 2nd rare encounter in the High Road ? I have gotten all the others on 7 differant toons,but have yet to get that 2nd one. And have been in there on 12 toons total. If you have gotten it please let me know and let me know the name of it. THX

Quote Originally Posted by Nospheratus View Post
    Am I the only one really really looking forward to see how this changes the current client?
    I'm hoping it means that my wife can enter Lordsmarch again without turning down her settings.

Default Hmmmm...

Other Changes

NEW - Fixed a serious memory leak related to physics.
    NEW - Fixed a memory issue related to graphical textures in dX9.
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature".

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Exclamation

Hey squeak the auction house isnt full right now theres only like 11 pages in it...
    Edit now there's only 31:/
    Last edited by Buttkierownsmade; 11-08-2012 at 01:40 AM.
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    From my perspective, it was fixed two months ago.
    The key's been working fine on Lamannia all along, since we first propped Update 16. Try it out.
    Even a 10 minute cooldown is too much. Why even have a cooldown? Just make it one click per rest and be done with it.

Community Member

Default To 49dae

Answered your question earlier - go to Lammania Discussion, Rare THinks You Shouldn't Get Anything. I posted a complete list of the rare encounters there.

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    Even a 10 minute cooldown is too much. Why even have a cooldown? Just make it one click per rest and be done with it.
    Because making a unique type of item with a new type of way to use it instead of granting a feat that is a copy/paste of Word of Recall with a different location and then have to fix it later because that new tech, surprise, doesn't work the way you suspected it would, is a good thing to do when you have 6 years of bugs to clean up in your spare time

In all seriousness, I'm happy that the item is fixed on Lam and overjoyed that it also will be seeing a shorter cooldown. Fixes are good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Texlaw1992 View Post
    Answered your question earlier - go to Lammania Discussion, Rare THinks You Shouldn't Get Anything. I posted a complete list of the rare encounters there.
    Ok my bad just not showing in my log and yes I have done it but one toon with 38 wis could not get had to fight

Community Member lucreciacrescent's Avatar

hey squeak when will the next exp event be?

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Hello! Once again Lamannia will be brought down for an update! Lamannia will be down on Tuesday, November 6 from 10am to 2pm EST (GMT -5).

Release Notes: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774
    No Unyielding Sentinel fixes? The Undying Vanguard Epic Moment is completely worthless as an epic moment and doesn't even come close to the EiN monk Epic Moment.

Things that are just broken:
    1. Unyielding Resolve is supposed to accumulate on any hit or miss. Looks like its only increasing on direct hits or misses and not AOE's.
    2. Unyielding Resolve stack sometimes just resets for no reason. Typical examples that I'm aware of are when fighting Harry.

Suggestions to make better:
    If Undying Vanguard is to be the epic moment for Unyielding Sentinel, which is mostly a Board and Sword enhancement (Legendary Shield Mastery & Shield Prowess), why not have the Unyielding Resolve increase on any successful Active Block? That way you actually have to think about accumulating your UR points. Then when you activate it, have the effect be tiered off of how many UR points you use, plus some sort of intimidation boost to actually get to use those HPs.

Thus:
    1. Unyielding Resolve stacks on Active Blocking only. You can accumulate 15, 30 or 50 UR points.
    2. Undying Vanguard epic moment grants the following based off of the accumulated UR stack when activated. Undying Vanguard lasts for 20/40/90 seconds based off the tiered UR points
      1. Heal for 500/750/1000 HP
      2. 3/6/10k Temporary HP
      3. Brace for Impact at 125%
      4. Block Energy at 45%
      5. Light the Dark effect once every 10 seconds (3 at tier 1, 5 at tier 2, 10 at tier 3 ?)
      6. Intimidate bonus of +15/30/60
      7. Immediate Intimidate activation, plus reactivation once every 3 seconds for length of Undying Vanguard.

The whole Epic Moment concept seems to be built on the build up of each character's Epic Destiny. By working in some of the lower tiered Epic abilities, the Undying Vanguard looks more like a capstone for a Pali.

The current Undying Vanguard is both unreachable and worthless without some way to attract the attention of the boss you're fighting. I envision this as a Pali fighting for their Diety, and being granted a bonus like Favored of the Goddess from the Chosen of Lolth.

Obviously the numbers/ranks/thresholds should be tweaked for playability, but I certainly think this is doable.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default AH is getting happier

Quote Originally Posted by Buttkierownsmade View Post
    Hey squeak the auction house isnt full right now theres only like 11 pages in it...
    Edit now there's only 31:/
    We lost power last night, so my AH fill attempt was interrupted! I will try again tonight!

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nospheratus View Post
    Am I the only one really really looking forward to see how this changes the current client?
    I am excited to see how that helps too.

Default Hey Look!

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    From my perspective, it was fixed two months ago.
    The key's been working fine on Lamannia all along, since we first propped Update 16. Try it out.
    Another condescending post by Feather_of_Sun in which he dismisses player concerns out of hand, claims to have resolved an issue because he looked at it once on one version of a test server, and then, I assume, goes back to congratulating himself for being so awesome behind the scenes.

Personally, I'm collecting all these posts, its like a stamp collection.

sooooooo are there no devs going online to at least hold some xp events in lama?? :\

Quote Originally Posted by lucreciacrescent View Post
    sooooooo are there no devs going online to at least hold some xp events in lama?? :\
    Why would they? Testing for U16 is over. Time to wait for patch 1 testing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    [*] Unyielding Resolve stack sometimes just resets for no reason. Typical examples that I'm aware of are when fighting Harry.[/list]
    Harry has a move that teleports players closer... Even if you are right next to him as a melee. Epic moment counters tend to reset during teleporting so that may explain the somewhat "random" reset. Which is honestly a pain, because building up that epic destiny takes forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    Why would they? Testing for U16 is over. Time to wait for patch 1 testing.
    i posted this during the downtime of live servers, not because to test u16.. just to kill some time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast