Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    823

    Default VIP and Underdark exclusions?

    Having a VIP account supposedly grants access to all adventures, but there are a few within Evenstar that claim i have to buy the underdark pack. Both The Riddle and Murder By Night will not let me enter currently, but i was able to pick up the quests. When i tried to enter on a lvl 18 it said i need to buy the kings forest as part of the Underdark pack. The other quests in Evenstar gave me no trouble.

    So is this a bug, or some hidden limitation of my VIP membership?

  2. #2
    Community Member Fejj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    544

    Default

    It is my understanding that Evening star (the town) is part of the "core" game. In there are a couple quests.

    THEN

    There is an expansion pack which includes all oher content. Seperate from the "core" game.
    Kings Forest
    Underdark
    Shinnerarrnniinalaaiin
    Demon Web

  3. #3
    Community Member Bennum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North America Eastern Time
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Yes the menace of the underdark expansion pack and all associated adventures are not included for VIPs. The only pack out there currently that VIP grants is the Druids Deep.
    Thelanis: Bennum Morcus Lyniira Mystlen Rydlen Taliah Zarbaste

  4. #4
    Community Member Dysmetria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    Having a VIP account supposedly grants access to all adventures, but there are a few within Evenstar that claim i have to buy the underdark pack. Both The Riddle and Murder By Night will not let me enter currently, but i was able to pick up the quests. When i tried to enter on a lvl 18 it said i need to buy the kings forest as part of the Underdark pack. The other quests in Evenstar gave me no trouble.

    So is this a bug, or some hidden limitation of my VIP membership?
    All adventure packs released in non-expansion updates are free to VIPs.

    The 15 or so quests and 4 adventure areas in the expansion pack are I believe the only exception, including the two quests you mentioned.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Ah i see. Then the bug seems to be in those quests allowing me to accept them in the first place. This is the first time i have had a quest show up on map as gold and let me accept it that i was unable to enter. Prior to being VIP lots were red and i could not accept them, so i knew not to waste my time trying to enter or find a group for them.. Maybe they'll get this fixed soon.

  6. #6
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    4,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    Having a VIP account supposedly grants access to all adventures, but there are a few within Evenstar that claim i have to buy the underdark pack. Both The Riddle and Murder By Night will not let me enter currently, but i was able to pick up the quests. When i tried to enter on a lvl 18 it said i need to buy the kings forest as part of the Underdark pack. The other quests in Evenstar gave me no trouble.

    So is this a bug, or some hidden limitation of my VIP membership?
    Most of eveningstar is encompassed by the fancy title of "Expansion".
    They even reworded the Turbine agreement to say VIP are entitled access to everything ....except Expansions...
    So now VIP's have to dig deeper into the wallets to pay extra for access to new content.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 11-08-2012 at 07:59 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

    Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

  7. #7
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,876

    Default

    Those are part of an expansion and every MMO i ever played made everyone buy it even lifetime subs so it's not a trick anything just standard practice

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  8. #8
    Community Member jambajuicey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Those are part of an expansion and every MMO i ever played made everyone buy it even lifetime subs so it's not a trick anything just standard practice
    This exactly - expansions cost $ in most MMOs, its easy to see where confusion is though as usually (WOW/EQ) you can't access the area without the expansion in the first place iirc?

  9. #9
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jambajuicey View Post
    This exactly - expansions cost $ in most MMOs, its easy to see where confusion is though as usually (WOW/EQ) you can't access the area without the expansion in the first place iirc?
    That would make it clearer but there are some quests in the area that are free to VIP's

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  10. #10
    Community Member Systern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    913

    Default

    The only quest in Update 14 that anyone (VIP, Premium, or F2P) doesn't need to purchase the expansion for is "Through The Rift", the flagging quest to get to Eveningstar.

    I would agree with you that being able to pick up those you mentioned is a bug.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    england
    Posts
    16

    Default druids deep

    the harpers chain druids deep is free to vip with out buying the ex pack as u can buy guest passes from ddo store

  12. #12
    Community Member Maatogaeoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Druid's Deep was U15, not U14 (aka: the expansion).

  13. #13
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maatogaeoth View Post
    Druid's Deep was U15, not U14 (aka: the expansion).
    I did say,area and not part of 14

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  14. #14
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    They should make the MOTU available to VIP at some point without purchase required. I do not see the merit of keeping this as an expansion as time goes on. It just seems to exclusionary and biased against VIP. I would say give it another 3-6 months and then include the MOTU in the VIP package.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  15. #15
    Community Member Hokiewa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hola Bienvenidos
    Posts
    4,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    They should make the MOTU available to VIP at some point without purchase required. I do not see the merit of keeping this as an expansion as time goes on. It just seems to exclusionary and biased against VIP. I would say give it another 3-6 months and then include the MOTU in the VIP package.
    That would further doom any future "expansion" sales.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

  16. #16
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    That would further doom any future "expansion" sales.
    Further doom would be announcing that they will do as I suggest in 3-6 months from now. I care more about the larger picture for DDO as in keeping it up and running and going. The MOTU is the best update that DDO has released in about 2 years or so. All of the other updates are totally substandard in comparison. If somebody joins the game and goes VIP I would rather keep that person playing then put them in a cost benefit situation where they think DDO is mediocre to poor game and do not want to pony up money on the MOTU so they never get a chance to try out the MOTU which might have got them hooked on the game.

    I am very disappointed in the last two updates after the MOTU. I enjoyed the 5 quests this time more then the update 15 quests which I guess is something, but a really sad update after 3 months wait.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  17. #17
    Community Member arkonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Further doom would be announcing that they will do as I suggest in 3-6 months from now. I care more about the larger picture for DDO as in keeping it up and running and going. The MOTU is the best update that DDO has released in about 2 years or so. All of the other updates are totally substandard in comparison. If somebody joins the game and goes VIP I would rather keep that person playing then put them in a cost benefit situation where they think DDO is mediocre to poor game and do not want to pony up money on the MOTU so they never get a chance to try out the MOTU which might have got them hooked on the game.

    I am very disappointed in the last two updates after the MOTU. I enjoyed the 5 quests this time more then the update 15 quests which I guess is something, but a really sad update after 3 months wait.
    im sorry man but this is a common factor in a lot of games from rift to wow. if you don't buy it you don't get it. if they made it free to vip it would be a real kick in the nuts to all players who are vip that paid for it. also for the content released im sorry your $10 isnt good enough to say you get an expansion for free.

  18. #18
    Community Member chance2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    347

    Default It is called a Paid Expansion

    Yes a few things are included in the area for vip at no cost.
    A paid expansion is just that.
    You have to pay to play it all.
    I am a Vip and bought it and have no problem with it.
    If they were to make it free to Vip after time I will have a major problem with that.
    Even games that you can buy a lifetime subscription has had paid expansions.
    One paid expansion in almost 7 years I see nothing wrong with this.
    Not all who wander are lost. I am not lost, I am just exploring.
    Smigit F25 (Leg Dread 5), Xappit w20 (tr), Tamix C20,Smigitjr Tmp R 22, Tamik 14 P (3rd life,) , Xsong bard 20, Smigit5 arti 21, Xappet 20 AA, Smigit6 D22 (fw2), Tamok Fvs 20 Smoxfeat monk 16 Taggem Wf Pally 14 others. Leader Circle of Destruction Argonnessen

  19. #19
    Community Member jambajuicey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    The MOTU is the best update that DDO has released in about 2 years or so. All of the other updates are totally substandard in comparison.
    this is the problem in that motu is 'not' an update.. its an expansion - nothing any different then other online mmo's here.. eq had what.. 20 expansions.. that you had to buy in addition to the game.. not including the free 'updates' in between expansions.. this is just ddo's first 'expansion' which I guess is the culprit in the confusion..

  20. #20
    Hero Gkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godsdoom View Post
    the harpers chain druids deep is free to vip with out buying the ex pack as u can buy guest passes from ddo store
    Maybe the concept of free is lost on you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload