Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Community Member

Default VIP and Underdark exclusions?

Having a VIP account supposedly grants access to all adventures, but there are a few within Evenstar that claim i have to buy the underdark pack. Both The Riddle and Murder By Night will not let me enter currently, but i was able to pick up the quests. When i tried to enter on a lvl 18 it said i need to buy the kings forest as part of the Underdark pack. The other quests in Evenstar gave me no trouble.

So is this a bug, or some hidden limitation of my VIP membership?

It is my understanding that Evening star (the town) is part of the "core" game. In there are a couple quests.

THEN

There is an expansion pack which includes all oher content. Seperate from the "core" game.
    Kings Forest
    Underdark
    Shinnerarrnniinalaaiin
    Demon Web

Yes the menace of the underdark expansion pack and all associated adventures are not included for VIPs. The only pack out there currently that VIP grants is the Druids Deep.
    Thelanis: Bennum Morcus Lyniira Mystlen Rydlen Taliah Zarbaste

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    Having a VIP account supposedly grants access to all adventures, but there are a few within Evenstar that claim i have to buy the underdark pack. Both The Riddle and Murder By Night will not let me enter currently, but i was able to pick up the quests. When i tried to enter on a lvl 18 it said i need to buy the kings forest as part of the Underdark pack. The other quests in Evenstar gave me no trouble.

All adventure packs released in non-expansion updates are free to VIPs.

The 15 or so quests and 4 adventure areas in the expansion pack are I believe the only exception, including the two quests you mentioned.

Community Member

Ah i see. Then the bug seems to be in those quests allowing me to accept them in the first place. This is the first time i have had a quest show up on map as gold and let me accept it that i was unable to enter. Prior to being VIP lots were red and i could not accept them, so i knew not to waste my time trying to enter or find a group for them.. Maybe they'll get this fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post

Most of eveningstar is encompassed by the fancy title of "Expansion".
    They even reworded the Turbine agreement to say VIP are entitled access to everything ....except Expansions...
    So now VIP's have to dig deeper into the wallets to pay extra for access to new content.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 11-08-2012 at 07:59 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Most of eveningstar is encompassed by the fancy title of "Expansion".
    They even reworded the Turbine agreement to say VIP are entitled access to everything ....except Expansions...
    So now VIP's have to dig deeper into the wallets to pay extra for access to new content.
    I believe Expansions were always going to be seperate purchases... You can still search the web and find the ads for the expansion that included the Menachturan Desert, before they decided not to charge for it and made it a Mod (was it mod 3 or 4?) back in '07.

As far as I can tell there has been no rewording, just clarification.
    Last edited by Hambo; 11-15-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Those are part of an expansion and every MMO i ever played made everyone buy it even lifetime subs so it's not a trick anything just standard practice

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Those are part of an expansion and every MMO i ever played made everyone buy it even lifetime subs so it's not a trick anything just standard practice
    This exactly - expansions cost $ in most MMOs, its easy to see where confusion is though as usually (WOW/EQ) you can't access the area without the expansion in the first place iirc?

Quote Originally Posted by jambajuicey View Post
    This exactly - expansions cost $ in most MMOs, its easy to see where confusion is though as usually (WOW/EQ) you can't access the area without the expansion in the first place iirc?
    That would make it clearer but there are some quests in the area that are free to VIP's

The only quest in Update 14 that anyone (VIP, Premium, or F2P) doesn't need to purchase the expansion for is "Through The Rift", the flagging quest to get to Eveningstar.

I would agree with you that being able to pick up those you mentioned is a bug.

Community Member

Default druids deep

the harpers chain druids deep is free to vip with out buying the ex pack as u can buy guest passes from ddo store

Quote Originally Posted by godsdoom View Post
    the harpers chain druids deep is free to vip with out buying the ex pack as u can buy guest passes from ddo store
    Maybe the concept of free is lost on you.

Community Member

Default vip

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Maybe the concept of free is lost on you.
    i have been on ddo since 2010. free. wow. where to begin. i know i paid to play. but i did not pay for updates, expantions, and this low progress. i know how much i pay, and we deserve better than to be pushed aside everytime there is a glitch. and why can't i get a programmer to come out and fix the problem. I'm sorry, but this is not Gary Gygax's vision. This is not a game for Millionaires who have nothing better to do. This is a family oriented game filled with all walks of people here to have fun, period. vip (very important person) to who? i like the game, but lately its been changing, and not for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydox6191000 View Post
    i have been on ddo since 2010. free. wow. where to begin. i know i paid to play. but i did not pay for updates, expantions, and this low progress. i know how much i pay, and we deserve better than to be pushed aside everytime there is a glitch. and why can't i get a programmer to come out and fix the problem. I'm sorry, but this is not Gary Gygax's vision. This is not a game for Millionaires who have nothing better to do. This is a family oriented game filled with all walks of people here to have fun, period. vip (very important person) to who? i like the game, but lately its been changing, and not for the better.
    not sure why you brought this thread back. i actually enjoy the content as well as many others. Its just your opinion that its not going the right way while others are still playing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lydox6191000 View Post
    i have been on ddo since 2010.
    Wow, since 2010!?!?!?!
    but this is not Gary Gygax's vision.
    No, it's not, and that's a good thing. If you want to play a video game closer to his vision, I'm sure you can find a copy of Pool of Radiance or Eye of the Beholder out there somewhere.

Druid's Deep was U15, not U14 (aka: the expansion).

Quote Originally Posted by Maatogaeoth View Post
    Druid's Deep was U15, not U14 (aka: the expansion).
    I did say,area and not part of 14

They should make the MOTU available to VIP at some point without purchase required. I do not see the merit of keeping this as an expansion as time goes on. It just seems to exclusionary and biased against VIP. I would say give it another 3-6 months and then include the MOTU in the VIP package.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    They should make the MOTU available to VIP at some point without purchase required. I do not see the merit of keeping this as an expansion as time goes on. It just seems to exclusionary and biased against VIP. I would say give it another 3-6 months and then include the MOTU in the VIP package.
    That would further doom any future "expansion" sales.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast